Dog kept alive at vet clinic that was to be put down

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Dog kept alive at vet clinic that was to be put down
Just ran a quick errand and was listening to news radio. I can't find this yet online...it was breaking news.

Over in Fort Worth area a veterinary clinic is being raided right now. A woman brought her dog in there about 6 months ago. The dog was paralyzed and the vet said it needed to be put down. The woman agreed and left her dog there. Now...another woman informed the dog's owner that the dog was still alive and at the vet clinic. So, far they think the vet was using it for blood.

Good grief! I will be interested to hear the rest of the details and any attempt at explaining such an action away.

Some days, I just hate people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-04-2014, 11:55 AM
RE: Dog kept alive at vet clinic that was to be put down
Absolutely disgraceful! The vet should lose his/her licence and be banned from having anything to do with pets, for life!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
29-04-2014, 11:58 AM
A lot of vet clinics I have been to keep a pet dog and cat running around at the clinic - and they are used for blood. They are well loved by clients and employees.

What you describe is inexcusable. I hope they throw the book at them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Wow. How cruel and dishonest...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
29-04-2014, 12:03 PM
(29-04-2014 11:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  A lot of vet clinics I have been to keep a pet dog and cat running around at the clinic - and they are used for blood. They are well loved by clients and employees.

What you describe is inexcusable. I hope they throw the book at them.

I have seen what you describe. Our vet when we were in SC had a cat around the office and he raised one of the Mastiff breeds. Those dogs were often around the office and I am pretty sure they were used for blood.

But this guy...RRRRRRRRR....it really pisses me off. There is the blatant lie to the dog's owner who thought her beloved pet was dead and out of pain. And then I think of my dad and know that he would never have behaved in such a way...there is this little thing called ethics...not to mention the oath veterinarians take, or at least they used to.

When I can find a link, I will post it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-04-2014, 12:03 PM
That is, btw, why I always stay with my pet when one has to be put down. It's not easy, but it's the least I can do for an old friend.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Here it is, Anj..... if anyone can stand it.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/04/29/...eping.html

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
29-04-2014, 12:09 PM
I was just getting ready to put up that link. Thanks Min.

29-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Thought this would be a good opportunity to mention something for anyone who wasn't already aware; your pets can be blood donors too. Ask your vet if they have a donor program, and if not, why.

Two of my dogs are big enough to be donors. They donate every year, plus twice we've been called for emergency donation. (Only worked out once, the other time the dog died by the time we got there)

Though the actions of this vet are despicable, hopefully it will serve as a reminder to not put vets in a position that they ever even need to consider doing something like this.

And please, FFS, spay and neuter!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
29-04-2014, 12:17 PM
(29-04-2014 12:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Thought this would be a good opportunity to mention something for anyone who wasn't already aware; your pets can be blood donors too. Ask your vet if they have a donor program, and if not, why.

Two of my dogs are big enough to be donors. They donate every year, plus twice we've been called for emergency donation. (Only worked out once, the other time the dog died by the time we got there)

Though the actions of this vet are despicable, hopefully it will serve as a reminder to not put vets in a position that they ever even need to consider doing something like this.

And please, FFS, spay and neuter!

The article says the vet was conducting experiments on the dog too. Weeping

I am thinking this guy needs the same treatment, keep him in a cage, tap into his blood, and experiment on him. Yeegads.

Definitely - Spay and Neuter!

My beasts are a bit small for donors, maybe that's why our old vet had Mastiffs.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post