Dog owner PSA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2015, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 01:31 PM by Nurse.)
Dog owner PSA
Public Service Announcement:

*Put your dog on a leash.*

I don't care if your dog is the cuddliest biggest baby mastiff or a teacup chihuahua that you can stuff in between your cleavage in your sports bra, if you are on a public trail put your dog on a goddamn leash. It's for the safety of other people on the trail, and the safety of other dogs on the trail.

Today there was a couple out walking a Rottweiler-mastiff mix without a fucking leash. So I had to full on stop midstride while I waited for the owner to get a hold on their dog before I very slowly walked past, as the owner kept repeating "Stay" while they had their knees around the dog and a vice grip on the collar. That dog weighed AT LEAST fifty pounds more than me - a grown woman. You really think you can hold a dog like that if it doesn't want to be held back? People walk all types of dogs on that trail, including German shepherds and pitbulls that wouldn't take too kindly to a Rottweiler getting in their space. There are CHILDREN on the trail, for fucks sake.

Completely fucking irresponsible. If you can't grasp the concept of how dangerous it is to take your dog out in public without a leash, you shouldn't be a goddamn dog owner, much less of a large, aggressive breed.

And while I'm on a rant, I had a copperhead (poisonous, aggressive snake for you non- Americans) hiss at me in the last quarter mile of my run - it was three feet away when I saw it. With it's mouth fucking wide open. Apparently I had it in me to lengthen my stride and full on sprint after four miles in the heat. Whilst screaming. I hate snakes.

Holy hell - I wasn't expecting such a dangerous run today. Normally my fear of snakes and dogs borderlines irrational - totally warranted today.

Edited a "to" to "too"

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
10-05-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: Dog owner PSA
I agree, even the sweetest dog should be leashed because it then is easier to protect it against another, aggressive dog.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
10-05-2015, 01:21 PM
In this state - which has a leash law -- if your dog causes problems - you're at fault -- automatically.

If your dog running loose runs into somebody with a concealed carry permit -- and that person feels threatened -- you're probably going to lose a dog --- and there's not a damned thing you can say about it.

Moral of story -- leash it or lose it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-05-2015, 01:32 PM
(10-05-2015 01:07 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Public Service Announcement:

*Put your dog on a leash.*

I don't care if your dog is the cuddliest biggest baby mastiff or a teacup chihuahua that you can stuff in between your cleavage in your sports bra, if you are on a public trail put your dog on a goddamn leash. It's for the safety of other people on the trail, and the safety of other dogs on the trail.

Today there was a couple out walking a Rottweiler-mastiff mix without a fucking leash. So I had to full on stop midstride while I waited for the owner to get a hold on their dog before I very slowly walked past, as the owner kept repeating "Stay" while they had their knees around the dog and a vice grip on the collar. That dog weighed AT LEAST fifty pounds more than me - a grown woman. You really think you can hold a dog like that if it doesn't want to be held back? People walk all types of dogs on that trail, including German shepherds and pitbulls that wouldn't take to kindly to a Rottweiler getting in their space. There are CHILDREN on the trail, for fucks sake.

Completely fucking irresponsible. If you can't grasp the concept of how dangerous it is to take your dog out in public with out a leash, you shouldn't be a goddamn dog owner, much less of a large, aggressive breed.

And while I'm on a rant, I had a copperhead (poisonous, aggressive snake for you non- Americans) hiss at me in the last quarter mile of my run - it was three feet away when I saw it. With it's mouth fucking wide open. Apparently I had it in me to lengthen my stride and full on sprint after four miles in the heat. Whilst screaming. I hate snakes.

Holy hell - I wasn't expecting such a dangerous run today. Normally my fear of snakes and dogs borderlines irrational - totally warranted today.

One of my best friends has a thoroughly trained guard type dog. The dog is amazing. It doesn't need a leash, but they use one because other dog owners are just too stupid. If you have to manhandle your dog to get them to stay, then damnit, the dog shouldn't be off leash ever.

Walking trails shouldn't be confused with dog parks.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Eish Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-05-2015, 05:07 PM
'Murica Thumbsup

where people get freaked out over guns but really freaks with giant untrained dogs are probably more plentiful and cause more problems. (theory based on my own experiences with morons that live here)

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
10-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Many people think that their kids and their dogs are absolutely wonderful and everyone else should think so too.

Neither should be imposed on others...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-05-2015, 05:16 PM
(10-05-2015 05:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Many people think that their kids and their dogs are absolutely wonderful and everyone else should think so too.

Neither should be imposed on others...

"Anyone who hates dogs and babies can't be all bad" - Leo Rosten - speaking of W.C. Fields.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-05-2015, 05:43 PM
(10-05-2015 05:07 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  'Murica Thumbsup

where people get freaked out over guns but really freaks with giant untrained dogs are probably more plentiful and cause more problems. (theory based on my own experiences with morons that live here)

There is a large segment of the US populations that feels like rules don't apply to them. They are called libertarians.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Copperheads, Water Moccasins, & Cotton Mouths.
That I don't miss about the "Natural" State! Undecided