Dog's homeopathic magnesium adventure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2016, 04:37 AM
Dog's homeopathic magnesium adventure
Here's a story for y'all. This past week I've been having gut problems. Y'know. Unpleasant stuff. So I'm moaning about this to a friend and she's saying I should head over to the doc and yada yada. Anyway, we get to chatting about running, 'cos she's a runner and it interests her, and somehow we get to talking about cramp medication and I mention that I'm taking this budget brand of cramp pills... She starts giggling...

So... I sometimes cramp when I run long distances, and I frequently run long distances. Distance runners (or so it is alleged) are frequently deficient in magnesium, and the aforementioned deficiency apparently is something that causes the cramping. Lots of runners in SA take Slo-mag, a brand of magnesium supplement pills. The problem is, the pills are frikken expensive.

Anyway, about a year ago my Mama hands me this little purple bottle labelled as 'Biochemic tissue salts - Mag Phos. For cramps, spasms and headaches.' - she got it from the chemist. I stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it - my big marathon had come and gone and I wasn't really paying attention.

So the months pass and it's time for the heavy training to start again and one day I come across this bottle. It's a big ol' bottle and it's got lots of pills in it, and it says its for cramp and you should take it 3 times a day. So... I start taking the stuff...

I guess you might be able to see where this is going. Turns out that the only idiots who think magnesium phosphate is a cramp remedy are fucking *homeopaths* (I did a lot of googling this morning to try and find out what the fuck is in these pills), and that as far as the rest of the world is concerned magnesium phosphate is a *laxative*.

Angry

I stopped taking the fucking stuff immediately and magically no more problems... Grrr. I feel so fucking used. How the fuck can chemists stock this stuff and sell it to people when they know it's based on fairytales?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-02-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: Dog's homeopathic magnesium adventure
Send what's left of the bottle to Q.

Maybe he'll be less full of shit.

Good luck with the training ... more of the running ... less of the runs.

Thumbsup

[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
27-02-2016, 04:49 AM
Well, them's the shits.

Literally.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2016, 04:59 AM
I feel like you bastards aren't being appropriately sympathetic Dodgy

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
27-02-2016, 05:05 AM
(27-02-2016 04:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  I feel like you bastards aren't being appropriately sympathetic Dodgy

Oops. Sorry.

Aaaarhhhhh, there, there.

Hug

Better?

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
27-02-2016, 05:24 AM
(27-02-2016 04:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  I feel like you bastards aren't being appropriately sympathetic Dodgy

Guilty as charged.

I thought sympathy was saved for that sub-forum with the purple background? Consider

You know, the one where I'm not allowed to be an unrepentant asshole?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Damn dog. . . what are you, some kind of moro. . . naaaa too easy.

At least you didn't spend your own cashish on it dude.

*Hug*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
27-02-2016, 07:03 AM

There, there, dog. I’ll be sending you one of these shirts for your next run...

[Image: happiness_tee_shirt-r8813aea0a6534f02acb...de_324.jpg]

Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-02-2016, 07:26 AM
(27-02-2016 04:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Here's a story for y'all. This past week I've been having gut problems. Y'know. Unpleasant stuff. So I'm moaning about this to a friend and she's saying I should head over to the doc and yada yada. Anyway, we get to chatting about running, 'cos she's a runner and it interests her, and somehow we get to talking about cramp medication and I mention that I'm taking this budget brand of cramp pills... She starts giggling...

So... I sometimes cramp when I run long distances, and I frequently run long distances. Distance runners (or so it is alleged) are frequently deficient in magnesium, and the aforementioned deficiency apparently is something that causes the cramping. Lots of runners in SA take Slo-mag, a brand of magnesium supplement pills. The problem is, the pills are frikken expensive.

Anyway, about a year ago my Mama hands me this little purple bottle labelled as 'Biochemic tissue salts - Mag Phos. For cramps, spasms and headaches.' - she got it from the chemist. I stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it - my big marathon had come and gone and I wasn't really paying attention.

So the months pass and it's time for the heavy training to start again and one day I come across this bottle. It's a big ol' bottle and it's got lots of pills in it, and it says its for cramp and you should take it 3 times a day. So... I start taking the stuff...

I guess you might be able to see where this is going. Turns out that the only idiots who think magnesium phosphate is a cramp remedy are fucking *homeopaths* (I did a lot of googling this morning to try and find out what the fuck is in these pills), and that as far as the rest of the world is concerned magnesium phosphate is a *laxative*.

Angry

I stopped taking the fucking stuff immediately and magically no more problems... Grrr. I feel so fucking used. How the fuck can chemists stock this stuff and sell it to people when they know it's based on fairytales?

When the bottle says "good for runs" it isn't kidding.

Sorry, dog. Hug

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-02-2016, 08:58 AM
(27-02-2016 07:03 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

There, there, dog. I’ll be sending you one of these shirts for your next run...

[Image: happiness_tee_shirt-r8813aea0a6534f02acb...de_324.jpg]

Wink

I hate you