Dogma Debate Female Priest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Dogma Debate Female Priest.
Dogma debate.....Female priest he is interviewing is pissing me off. Id slap her if I were him.

I guess thats why I'm not a radio host.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-03-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Dogma Debate Female Priest.
Yeah i felt the same way. David has a boatload of patience. More than even the best radio hosts IMHO. The contradictions of the female pastor were painful to listen to. She is one big walking no true scotsman fallacy. She wasn't pinned down on it, but she pretty much implied that she is the ONLY true christian, because everybody else who propagated the bigotry and misogyny in christianity are not true christians, forgetting that THEY feel the same way about HER. sheesh.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
25-03-2014, 07:11 PM
(25-03-2014 05:34 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  Yeah i felt the same way. David has a boatload of patience. More than even the best radio hosts IMHO. The contradictions of the female pastor were painful to listen to. She is one big walking no true scotsman fallacy. She wasn't pinned down on it, but she pretty much implied that she is the ONLY true christian, because everybody else who propagated the bigotry and misogyny in christianity are not true christians, forgetting that THEY feel the same way about HER. sheesh.

Worst part, imo.

She kept falling back on "Well its how I FEEL that matters"

I fracking hate that argument.

Also her condescending snicker whenever David would talk. Ack...Just made me so angry.
26-03-2014, 05:43 AM
(25-03-2014 07:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 05:34 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  Yeah i felt the same way. David has a boatload of patience. More than even the best radio hosts IMHO. The contradictions of the female pastor were painful to listen to. She is one big walking no true scotsman fallacy. She wasn't pinned down on it, but she pretty much implied that she is the ONLY true christian, because everybody else who propagated the bigotry and misogyny in christianity are not true christians, forgetting that THEY feel the same way about HER. sheesh.

Worst part, imo.

She kept falling back on "Well its how I FEEL that matters"

I fracking hate that argument.

Also her condescending snicker whenever David would talk. Ack...Just made me so angry.

Personal experience fallacy FTW.

Oh and better late than never, but congratulations on the upcoming bundle of joy. Smile

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post
26-03-2014, 05:53 AM
(25-03-2014 04:49 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Dogma debate.....Female priest he is interviewing is pissing me off. Id slap her if I were him.

That sounds like my experience with Irreligiosophy.

And that show Seth did where he had Sye Ten on, and that other one with his old boss.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
26-03-2014, 08:21 AM
(26-03-2014 05:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 04:49 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Dogma debate.....Female priest he is interviewing is pissing me off. Id slap her if I were him.

That sounds like my experience with Irreligiosophy.

And that show Seth did where he had Sye Ten on, and that other one with his old boss.

Shes talked about growing up in a home "That children didnt belong in" Aka a non-believing home.

FT youre right. It reminds me a lot of Seths old boss.
26-03-2014, 04:29 PM
In reference to what is actually in the bible, she basically was just saying...

"If I don't like that part, I don't count it, and it isn't supposed to be in there. If I do like that part, then that's what the bible means to say.
What does that say about the validity of the bible, you ask? That there are parts of the bible that shouldn't be in there?
I don't care, because I like this other stuff over here, and I know at least this part of the bible is valid because I like this part."

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
26-03-2014, 04:34 PM
(26-03-2014 04:29 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  In reference to what is actually in the bible, she basically was just saying...

"If I don't like that part, I don't count it, and it isn't supposed to be in there. If I do like that part, then that's what the bible means to say.
What does that say about the validity of the bible, you ask? That there are parts of the bible that shouldn't be in there?
I don't care, because I like this other stuff over here, and I know at least this part of the bible is valid because I like this part."

Well yeah that is all of religion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-03-2014, 07:51 PM
How about the part where she says its in mens genes to dominate women?
26-03-2014, 07:54 PM
(26-03-2014 07:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  How about the part where she says its in mens genes to dominate women?

You misspelled jeans. Cool

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post