Dogs enabling people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Dogs enabling people
[Image: Picture10_zpsc215fff5.jpg?t=1387673812]

My Dog, spoiled rotten passed out on my bed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-12-2013, 09:16 PM
[Image: IMG_0140+-+Copy.jpg] Let's see if I got this right......
[+] 4 users Like The Misanthrope's post
21-12-2013, 09:23 PM
(21-12-2013 09:16 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  [Image: IMG_0140+-+Copy.jpg] Let's see if I got this right......

YAY! The larger dog is "Dasher" aka Dash, Dashie, and Daddy's Big Baby, is 5 years and 8 months old - the little bloke, now 20 months old, is "Gus" aka Gustopher, Cuddles, and His Highness. I love them more than I could ever explain.

They are Golden Retrievers, or to be more specific, English Cream Retrievers.
[+] 2 users Like The Misanthrope's post
21-12-2013, 09:25 PM
(21-12-2013 09:23 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 09:16 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  [Image: IMG_0140+-+Copy.jpg] Let's see if I got this right......

I love them more than I could ever explain.

They are Golden Retrievers, or to be more specific, English Cream Retrievers.

Many of us here understand!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-12-2013, 09:29 PM
In my personal experience dogs disable you...well at least me. I've got hospital records, scars on my arm, and ass to prove it. I still love them though. Unrequited love.

24-12-2013, 07:22 PM
George got a Facebook outta the deal. https://www.facebook.com/georgeaddledbro?ref=tn_tnmn Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Mine was a big strong Chesapeake Retriever. He arrived as a young adult and we just didn't get along. I'd never dealt with such a stubborn breed but once I learned to channel it I couldn't ask for a better dog. He felt his first job was looking after me. If the yard was icy he'd curl his body about my leg so I couldn't walk nor would he let me walk until I'd taken hold of his scruff. When he spread his toes out his big strong claws bit into the ice and he had great traction. The funny part was he had to bring me into the house, not just the steps or he'd block me. He became an excellent guard dog and proved it when a stranger, a man, tried to open the door. Big mistake. He got the door shut before the dog got hold of him. He's gone now and I miss him daily as he made my life easier in so many ways.
[+] 2 users Like Takelababy's post
26-12-2013, 09:05 AM
My husband and I are sort of a half-way house for dogs. Every couple of years we end up with someone's dog that's been part of a divorce or unexpected move, etc and we agree to raise the dog...... but never fails.... in a year or less the dog finds their true family and we have to give them up. It's heartwarming and sad for us at the same time. We've had two service dogs ove the years we adopted then helped the dog get to their rightful home.
We love dogs - but seem destined to only be adoptive parents and placement agents.

Currently we are dog-less and it's been a weird year.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
27-12-2013, 07:29 AM
(21-12-2013 05:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Thanks!

Truthfully, she is quite homely. Built kinda like a barrel. Grunts and groans a lot. And farts audibly. VERY audibly. And often.

Most beautiful animal I've ever seen.

Hahha! My search and rescue K9s belch.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
27-12-2013, 08:27 AM
My little Shitzu farted loudly recently for the first time in his 5 years - and he was very upset. He kept trying to see what happened back there and since these guys are longer than high he can't quite reach there. So he was spinning around and barking at his rear end... hilarious! Laughat

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post