Doh!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2010, 09:21 AM

Doh!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...ction.html

You can't help but laugh at these people.
Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2010, 12:12 PM
RE: Doh!
haha, they need a mekka-compasSmile and nobody is asking themselfs ''why does our god care about the direction we bow?''

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2010, 12:35 PM
(19-07-2010 12:12 PM)Kikko Wrote:  nobody is asking themselfs ''why does our god care about the direction we bow?''

Why, that would be thoughtcrime, and is punishable by an eternity of burning in hell. The moment you start thinking/asking questions is the moment you've fallen from grace. You can rape, steal, cheat, kill, and you'd still be entitled to forgiveness so long as you 'repent'. But one moment of doubt or disbelief in the established faith is impardonable. This is why people don't dare to question silly customs such as this. If the Qur'an says bow to Mecca, then to Mecca it must be; it doesn't matter that it's a petty and ridiculous thing for the supreme being who created the whole universe to ask. No further questions, kapish?

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2010, 08:39 PM

I love the comical Bible story which explains why the Muslims only pray 5 times a day. Muhammad flies a winged Donkey to Heaven and God tells him that people on Earth need to pray to him 50 times a day but Moses, who is just hanging out in heaven, tells Muhammad that people won't be able to deal with that many prayers and he encourages Muhammad to go back and negotiate with God who knocks it down to ten times and then to only 5 times a day. Now, if we can only get Moses to settle the upcoming NFL labor dispute so there is no football strike!
22-07-2010, 09:08 PM

What a childish response to something in an English tabloid. Obviously you are not familiar with the Englsh tabloids. Further if you "laugh" at these people what does that make you. There is a high road and low road in this debate. Saturating the internet with commentary like that of the Kikko and the arrogantly named TruthAddict, two previous contributors will do nothing but harm the movement. If you are smarter, more educated, more informed, than you would never "laugh" at them. If you have nothing but idle time to banter in such a childish and immature manner, then get out ot the way so serious people, compassionate people can charge into the breach and deal with this.er to the editor or

Did either of you write a letter, I thought not
22-07-2010, 09:31 PM
(22-07-2010 09:08 PM)CarbonUnit1 Wrote:  What a childish response to something in an English tabloid. Obviously you are not familiar with the Englsh tabloids. Further if you "laugh" at these people what does that make you. There is a high road and low road in this debate. Saturating the internet with commentary like that of the Kikko and the arrogantly named TruthAddict, two previous contributors will do nothing but harm the movement. If you are smarter, more educated, more informed, than you would never "laugh" at them. If you have nothing but idle time to banter in such a childish and immature manner, then get out ot the way so serious people, compassionate people can charge into the breach and deal with this.er to the editor or

Wow, who pissed in your Cheerios?

It was a light-hearted joke. TruthAddict and Kikko found this particular expression of these peoples' religious beliefs humorous and decided to have a little chuckle. What's wrong with that?

If you don't find it funny, that's fine. If you don't agree with what they're doing, say so. But don't march in and try and be the Atheist Police. Do it in a calm, polite manner. Let them know why you disagree. Don't just shout "OMG YUR DUM" and insulting people will get you nowhere.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-07-2010, 09:54 PM

(22-07-2010 09:31 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-07-2010 09:08 PM)CarbonUnit1 Wrote:  What a childish response to something in an English tabloid. Obviously you are not familiar with the Englsh tabloids. Further if you "laugh" at these people what does that make you. There is a high road and low road in this debate. Saturating the internet with commentary like that of the Kikko and the arrogantly named TruthAddict, two previous contributors will do nothing but harm the movement. If you are smarter, more educated, more informed, than you would never "laugh" at them. If you have nothing but idle time to banter in such a childish and immature manner, then get out ot the way so serious people, compassionate people can charge into the breach and deal with this.er to the editor or

Wow, who pissed in your Cheerios?

It was a light-hearted joke. TruthAddict and Kikko found this particular expression of these peoples' religious beliefs humorous and decided to have a little chuckle. What's wrong with that?

If you don't find it funny, that's fine. If you don't agree with what they're doing, say so. But don't march in and try and be the Atheist Police. Do it in a calm, polite manner. Let them know why you disagree. Don't just shout "OMG YUR DUM" and insulting people will get you nowhere.

Unbeliever, or is it "Hyper-Sensitive", you seem to be following me around the site, and by your 845 replies it appears you spend a lot of time here. I will speak as I wish, when I wish, how I wish. And the more upset you get the better because this isn't a joking matter and illogical and misinformed comments does no one any good. If this site is for uninformed illierates then I may really have some fun, so far it does not appear so. If you want to take this off line say so. Other wise your are policing the site, not me,.
23-07-2010, 05:13 AM

cmon, i dont think many believers are reading these forums, of course if this would be a theistic forum i would never show how funny i find these things.Smile its not the craziest religion, but i cant help laughting at funny things.
of course if id be on a theistic boards with muslim members, i wouldnt show how fun i find it, but i would still question why, for what and really? my prediction is, that in both cases they would find themselves offended.Angel

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
23-07-2010, 05:46 AM

If this story is true then the only thing i have to say is that the high council can thank for not being in a more fundamentalist country, then they would probably have been killed for such a mistake...

But yeah, it is a little bit humorous Tongue
23-07-2010, 07:41 AM
(22-07-2010 09:54 PM)CarbonUnit1 Wrote:  Unbeliever, or is it "Hyper-Sensitive"

Hyper-sensitive? For telling you not to be an ass?

OH GOD

MY FEELINGS

THEY HURT SO MUCH

Quote:you seem to be following me around the site

No, you just happened to be insulting people in multiple places in threads that I was reading.

Quote:and by your 845 replies it appears you spend a lot of time here.

Eh. Not nearly as much as I used to. Most of my posts are from the Great Martinb59 Wars. Site's gone quiet since he left.

Quote:I will speak as I wish, when I wish, how I wish.

I can't stop you, of course, but I do think that it is unnecessary, childish, arrogant, and idiotic to flame someone over something as small as this.

Quote:And the more upset you get the better

Upset? No. Annoyed? Yes. You'll pardon me for not particularly enjoying when someone walks in and starts to be an asshole for no particular reason, then insults everyone on the site because they don't happen to like the same quotes that he does.

Grow up.

Quote:because this isn't a joking matter and illogical and misinformed comments does no one any good.

And that's my point. It doesn't have to. And it wasn't meant to, either. They were having some harmless fun and you decided to rain on the parade for absolutely no reason.

You can disagree with what they're doing if you want. In fact, I agree with you that it does no one any good, and may even hurt us. I don't agree with your attitude.

Quote:If you want to take this off line say so.

Did you just offer to fight me?

Quote:Other wise your are policing the site, not me,.

A little, yes, because I like this site and would prefer it not to become some place like Argue With Everyone. Due to the lack of moderators here, discussion is the only tool we have to try and change the behavior of others, so I did just that. If you don't like the way other people react to your pompousness, perhaps you should change it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner