Doh!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2010, 09:37 AM
RE: Doh!
Carbonunit1 > I am NOT trying to gang up on you, so PLEASE don't take it that way. In fact, I'm always happy to see people challenge what they see. I say so because I want you to see that this is coming from someone who appreciates your comments, not someone who's trying to kiss ass. (I think most on here would agree, I am one who tends to go against the grain a fair bit also). All that being said, I am totally on board with what Unbeliever is saying. Challenging someones point of view is a long way away from being a dink. You must admit, if you go back and read some of your comments, you are definitely coming across as a dink. Does it matter to me? No. Not really. I am involving myself, however, because I see value in what you are saying. Unfortunately, the way you are saying it causes people to be defensive. I know that if you called me stupid, I sure as shit wouldn't be very open to what you were saying to me. It's human nature, and we should get that here more than anywhere! Defensive ears cannot hear truth, but only that which hurts them. Not sure where I heard that, but it's true.

You have something valuable to contribute here. Why not make yourself heard by those that can not only be your allies, but also by those that can challenge you to think? Isn't that we're here for? To be challenged?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2010, 03:02 PM

(23-07-2010 07:41 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-07-2010 09:54 PM)CarbonUnit1 Wrote:  Unbeliever, or is it "Hyper-Sensitive"

Hyper-sensitive? For telling you not to be an ass?

OH GOD

MY FEELINGS

THEY HURT SO MUCH

Quote:you seem to be following me around the site

No, you just happened to be insulting people in multiple places in threads that I was reading.

Quote:and by your 845 replies it appears you spend a lot of time here.

Eh. Not nearly as much as I used to. Most of my posts are from the Great Martinb59 Wars. Site's gone quiet since he left.

Quote:I will speak as I wish, when I wish, how I wish.

I can't stop you, of course, but I do think that it is unnecessary, childish, arrogant, and idiotic to flame someone over something as small as this.

Quote:And the more upset you get the better

Upset? No. Annoyed? Yes. You'll pardon me for not particularly enjoying when someone walks in and starts to be an asshole for no particular reason, then insults everyone on the site because they don't happen to like the same quotes that he does.

Grow up.

Quote:because this isn't a joking matter and illogical and misinformed comments does no one any good.

And that's my point. It doesn't have to. And it wasn't meant to, either. They were having some harmless fun and you decided to rain on the parade for absolutely no reason.

You can disagree with what they're doing if you want. In fact, I agree with you that it does no one any good, and may even hurt us. I don't agree with your attitude.

Quote:If you want to take this off line say so.

Did you just offer to fight me?

Quote:Other wise your are policing the site, not me,.

A little, yes, because I like this site and would prefer it not to become some place like Argue With Everyone. Due to the lack of moderators here, discussion is the only tool we have to try and change the behavior of others, so I durid just that. If you don't like the way other people react to your pompousness, perhaps you should change it.

Interesting how quickly you to resort to name-calling and sarcasism. Always a signature of maturity. I find the acussation of pompousness nowhere in my academic work, but when that label is used, it usually comes from people are less informed and less well-read on the subject. If I hurt your feeling, I really don't care. I offered to go-offline (out of the forum) to settle this, you chose to decide that meant "fight". Why subject everyone to this? If "Flaming" is your woird for calling someone's statements illogical, illerate, and misinformed, I'll take it. Sorry for the rain on the parade, if this is a site for illerate children to rant, I'll work against that every time, when such important matters are at stake.
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2010, 09:49 PM
(23-07-2010 03:02 PM)CarbonUnit1 Wrote:  Interesting how quickly you to resort to name-calling and sarcasism. Always a signature of maturity.

You'll excuse me for not seeing any reason to offer respect and courtesy where none is offered.

Quote:I find the acussation of pompousness nowhere in my academic work, but when that label is used, it usually comes from people are less informed and less well-read on the subject.

And again, pompous and needlessly inflammatory. This is exactly what I was talking about.

Quote:If I hurt your feeling, I really don't care.

Didn't expect you to, honestly. But since I'm not hurt anyway, it's a moot point.

Quote:I offered to go-offline (out of the forum) to settle this, you chose to decide that meant "fight".

What exactly would you do outside the forum? And you'll excuse me for interpreting it to mean "I want to fight you", since "Want to take this outside?" is a fairly common movie stock line for "Want to fight, punk?"

Quote:Why subject everyone to this?

I would prefer not to, which is why I am asking you not to do it.

Quote:If "Flaming" is your woird for calling someone's statements illogical, illerate, and misinformed, I'll take it.

Stating that someone is making illogical statements, that they are illiterate, or that they are misinformed is not, in and of itself, flaming. I have never said that it was (which is ironic, since your statement is a straw man, and therefore illogical). I have rather stated that your way of saying this is flaming - which is true.

Try to read for comprehension, please.

Quote:Sorry for the rain on the parade, if this is a site for illerate children to rant, I'll work against that every time, when such important matters are at stake.

And, again, you flame needlessly. If you disagree with what someone is doing, say so, and explain why. You do not need to be deliberately insulting and confrontational. The people here are open to discussion and influence. You being a jerk is not going to change anyone, no matter how much I agree with your position.

As I have said before, I agree with your position. I do not agree with your method of communicating that position, and you continuing to insult needlessly only illustrates why.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
24-07-2010, 09:03 AM
You know I love you Unbeliever, deepest respect and all that, but feeding the trolls isn't exactly a good idea. He'll bugger off if we leave him be.

Unless of course you're having fun with this discourse, then by all means continue! Smile

24-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Well, if nothing else, it's giving me something to do.

Tongue

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
25-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Good enough for me, carry on then Tongue I'll just be popping some corn and watching from the side lines, I'm no good with trolls.

25-07-2010, 10:39 AM

The thing I'm wondering is this... He said offline, which means off the internet, then he said away from the forum but still on the internet.

Epic fail?
Quote this message in a reply