Doing "God's Work"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Tongue Doing "God's Work"
Anytime I hear someone saying they're doing "God's Work" - I have to wonder, aren't they worried about pissing God off?

If I've got a job to do, I don't want some dim-wit coming along while I'm taking a break, taking over MY job, doing a half-assed job of it - then calling it MY work. That sort of thing really frosts my ass - and I'd imagine any self-respecting deity would feel the same.

Who are these mental midgets kidding? This God fella supposedly hand built the entirety of creation - and these cretins think that he needs help?

Do these people get on an airliner - and as it takes off - flap their arms and claim to be doing "The Jet's Work'? I suspect they might.

Wankers. The whole lot of 'em.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 17 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-01-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: Doing "God's Work"
Quote:frosts my ass

stealing.

[Image: oscar.png]
24-01-2015, 05:04 PM
(24-01-2015 07:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anytime I hear someone saying they're doing "God's Work" - I have to wonder, aren't they worried about pissing God off?

If I've got a job to do, I don't want some dim-wit coming along while I'm taking a break, taking over MY job, doing a half-assed job of it - then calling it MY work. That sort of thing really frosts my ass - and I'd imagine any self-respecting deity would feel the same.

Who are these mental midgets kidding? This God fella supposedly hand built the entirety of creation - and these cretins think that he needs help?

Do these people get on an airliner - and as it takes off - flap their arms and claim to be doing "The Jet's Work'? I suspect they might.

You I like.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-01-2015, 05:08 PM
(24-01-2015 05:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:frosts my ass

stealing.

One of my dad's sayings... Been hearing it for over 50 years.....

We related?

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-01-2015, 06:55 PM
(24-01-2015 05:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We related?

Depends on the size of your inheritance.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-01-2015, 07:00 PM
(24-01-2015 07:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anytime I hear someone saying they're doing "God's Work" - I have to wonder, aren't they worried about pissing God off?

I got fed up with doing God's work. What a fucking slacker...he left creation of the universe to the Big Bang, creation of life to evolution, development of ethics to philosophers, and care and feeding of the poor to volunteers.

Fucking slacker. Don't you just hate it when there's that one fucker who does fuck all, leaving it all to you?

So we fired his ass. Now it's MY work.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
24-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Honestly, it seems like all that "GOD" is interested in is worship. What a dick ! And here I thought God was all about "creation".

The second mouse gets the cheese.
24-01-2015, 07:26 PM
To top it off, people go and give that fuckity fucking slacker all the credit!