Doing an American bible belt tour.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2012, 05:13 PM
RE: Doing an American bible belt tour.
(23-04-2012 11:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  If you go see germanyt and KC you DEFINITELY must go here:

http://www.jsm.org/family_worship_center.php

Awesome! That's exactly what I'm looking for, something just like this! Thanks. I haven't ever really watched televagels besides flipping through channels for a couple minutes, so I know nothing about them, like who's-who and where they broadcast from.

(24-04-2012 07:04 AM)Blood Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 10:50 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Do I have to claim to know lots if people engage us about it? Can't I just be someone who doesn't know much but is checking things out? Wouldn't they want that anyway? Do I have to already be like minded or can't I just say I am checking it out to see what it's about because I've heard about the strong Christian presence in the area? Cause we were planning on just playing a bit dumb to it all and hopefully sit back and watch. Maybe I can be super Christian but know nothing?
Most Christians in the so-called Bible Belt don't read the Bible or know very much about the religion themselves. But as a tourist and an outsider, you really don't have any reason to be there unless you are some kind of "born again" who can cite chapter and verse, and have come to America from an Atheist country to bond with the true Christians. Big Grin

Mind you, it doesn't take long to read the entire New Testament -- about a week or so.

Oh okay, I thought you meant they'll quiz me. I don't have the bible memorized but I have read it a few times. I'm a pretty easy person to get along with and am good at small talk or big talk Big Grin

(24-04-2012 02:31 PM)arbmouser Wrote:  Not to rain on the parade, but I rather do a road trip to places like the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History (DC), National Gallery of Art (DC), American Museum of Natural History (NY), Museum of Modern Art (NY), Museum of Science (Boston), Space Camp (AL)...

Seems like a much more worthwhile celebration of free-thought. Just my two cents tho Smile

I've done many other road trips and visited many other types of museums and art galleries as well as science centres. I like to visit all places. As far as North America, I've been to every part (province/state) except for the southern states (only Florida). Every 1-2 years I do a major trip. If I hadn't seen anything, then yeah, those museums would be my first choice for sure Smile

(24-04-2012 02:38 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 02:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've actually visited there a couple times... weirded me out.
Think our wives would have a problem with us taking Jane out on the town? Cool

Bring the wives! Why can't they come, too?

(24-04-2012 03:43 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  As long as you take her to Jimmy Swaggart's church, I doubt they'd mind so much.
I was thinking of something a little more primative and carnal. Evil_monster Like Tropical Isle for a Hand Grenede and then over to Larry Flint's church.

Does this mean anything to do with alligators? Those things freak me out!

(24-04-2012 04:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 04:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Would QC care if you did GT's other suggestion? Confused
Just want to make it clear that by carnal I in no way mean sex.

Unless of course my wife and Jane hit if off. Tongue

LOL was just thinking about how my wife would react if she read that.

Yeah, no. I'm also married, might not fly with him. Trying to convince my husband to go too, but he doesn't really want to at this point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-04-2012, 05:21 PM
(24-04-2012 05:13 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 02:38 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Think our wives would have a problem with us taking Jane out on the town? Cool

Bring the wives! Why can't they come, too?

(24-04-2012 03:43 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I was thinking of something a little more primative and carnal. Evil_monster Like Tropical Isle for a Hand Grenede and then over to Larry Flint's church.

(24-04-2012 04:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Just want to make it clear that by carnal I in no way mean sex.

Unless of course my wife and Jane hit if off. Tongue

LOL was just thinking about how my wife would react if she read that.

Yeah, no. I'm also married, might not fly with him. Trying to convince my husband to go too, but he doesn't really want to at this point.
Heart = broken Smile

I'm sure she'd be happy to meet you. If you're seriously interested in visiting the area I'll put aside my internet pervness and be happy to show you a few things. Good food + good people = good times. And we aren't short on weird or creepy shit to see here.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
24-04-2012, 05:33 PM
(24-04-2012 05:21 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 05:13 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Bring the wives! Why can't they come, too?

Heart = broken Smile

I'm sure she'd be happy to meet you. If you're seriously interested in visiting the area I'll put aside my internet pervness and be happy to show you a few things. Good food + good people = good times. And we aren't short on weird or creepy shit to see here.
Yeah for sure! When we pass through if it all works out to meet up, we'd be down. My friends and I love weird creepy shit, probably more than most.
24-04-2012, 05:35 PM
(24-04-2012 05:33 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 05:21 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Heart = broken Smile

Yeah for sure! When we pass through if it all works out to meet up, we'd be down. My friends and I love weird creepy shit, probably more than most.
With or without the wife and I I still suggest that you check out everything New Orleans has to offer. It really is an awesome place to visit. I wouldn't live there though.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-04-2012, 05:43 PM
(24-04-2012 05:35 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 05:33 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yeah for sure! When we pass through if it all works out to meet up, we'd be down. My friends and I love weird creepy shit, probably more than most.
With or without the wife and I I still suggest that you check out everything New Orleans has to offer. It really is an awesome place to visit. I wouldn't live there though.

To be honest I'm slightly freaked. A friend was down there and someone was shot right next to her, and my sister was just there in November and same thing happened on the same street she was on when she was there. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or if it really is dangerous. Plus, Egor lives there. Ha ha. I would love to get my fortune told and maybe buy a potion for something though, seems like a great place to pick up souvenirs.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-04-2012, 05:51 PM
(24-04-2012 05:43 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 05:35 PM)germanyt Wrote:  With or without the wife and I I still suggest that you check out everything New Orleans has to offer. It really is an awesome place to visit. I wouldn't live there though.

To be honest I'm slightly freaked. A friend was down there and someone was shot right next to her, and my sister was just there in November and same thing happened on the same street she was on when she was there. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or if it really is dangerous. Plus, Egor lives there. Ha ha. I would love to get my fortune told and maybe buy a potion for something though, seems like a great place to pick up souvenirs.
New Orleans isn't short on crime but in the 20 or 30 times I've gone down there I've never even seen a fist fight. Guess it depends on where you are and who you're with. I've even taken my 2 year old to a restaurant on Bourbon St. Never had the slightest problem.

-Mark Twain
24-04-2012, 07:08 PM
What about the creation museum in Kentucky? Better yet, do a few distillery tours and then go to the creation museum, my wife won't let me do this for some reason so its time to live vicariously. Liberty University mentioned above would be fun too.

http://creationmuseum.org/

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
24-04-2012, 09:30 PM

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
[+] 2 users Like San Onofre Surfer's post