Doing better

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Doing better
A few of you noticed when I returned to TTA. I'm doing a bit better now. I'm not great, but I"m, well, not-as-bad. I found the only non-church-based psych place here and qualified for a few sessions. It's technically mostly a substance abuse clinic, but they do take other types of clients. My therapist is a great woman named Taylor. I had the option of choosing the one who did my intake, but Taylor is a Ronda Rousey fan and likes Star Wars. (We're not huge SW geeks, but like it.) She also knows I'm not offended by vulgar language, so she doesn't have to hold back.

As much as I don't like meds, I'm on some again. I'm still worried about long-term effects, but for now, they're helping me head off some feelings. I still horribly worry about certain things. Last week I had a bad relapse but as I told Taylor, I feel like I was better able to see it. I've had some really bad side effects, so I've had to go up and down with the dosage. So for now I'm just seeing how it goes.

I probably won't go into deep detail about what I'm discussing with her, but she seems to help me see where I need to fix things.

I'd like to thank you for caring. Good or bad, funny or serious, it helped. I don't think I can put it into words. I don't know if I'll be great again or if I'll ever stop worrying, but at least I'm getting help. Even made a few jokes.

Trying to get back to the old Clockwork that many haven't seen in a long, long time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Clockwork's post
03-10-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Doing better
Glad you're doing better man. Keep it up, I want to meet the real Clockwork!

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
03-10-2015, 07:25 PM
I am so happy to see you back around here again and also am happy that you found somewhere to get the help you need.

You were missed but I understand that taking care of yourself is what's most important.

I, too, look forward to seeing more of the old Clockwork.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
03-10-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm so glad you're back and are doing better. I missed you and your funny posts Smile
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Welcome back, sounds like you have a good plan working for you. Hope to see you more, soon.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
03-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Nobody ever gets back to "their old self".....

You just get to a point where your current self is at peace with past, current and future self.......

You can't make past or future self better - you can only make current self better.

When you do that - the rest sorta just falls into place.

Welcome back..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Hang in there. Maybe we'll have a new, improved Clockwork. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-10-2015, 08:23 PM
(03-10-2015 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hang in there. Maybe we'll have a new, improved Clockwork. Thumbsup

That would be A Clockwork Orgy.

Glad you're doing better, keep it up. ... Hey, I think that's a line from that movie. Gasp

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
03-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Thinking of you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-10-2015, 08:37 PM
(03-10-2015 08:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hang in there. Maybe we'll have a new, improved Clockwork. Thumbsup

That would be A Clockwork Orgy.

Or would it be an Einsteinian Relatively Speaking Clock?

Good to see you back.

You missed the Skype chat by a few hours but no worries, there'll be another one. Or you can host one, at your convenience.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post