Domestic abuse. Matt vs Nicole.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Domestic abuse. Matt vs Nicole.
So there are two youtube celebrities. One is named Matt Santaro and the other is Nicole Arbour.

Nicole became famous, probably down to the fact that she dated Matt for 6 months but also from a video she did titled "Dear fat people" which has been seen over 9 million times and can be viewed here

Now, whilst that video could be seen as controversial and not exactly done in the most empathic or sensible way, thats not what this thread is about. What this thread is about is some shitstorm that has occured since.

Matt "accidentally" released a video about domestic abuse he suffered when dating an ex girlfriend. He doesnt name Nicole as being the person who abused him, however she has taken it as he did mean her.

Here is his video..

Now, I am no expert in reading body language, however I have studied it in my spare time and read a few books on the subject. There are a few flags that are raised that interest me. One is his whine at the 1:30 mark, which sounds fake and put on to me. Also his expansive and open hand gestures throughout the video. Lastly, whilst it is by no means an exact science, there are thought to be different quadrants that our eyes travel to when speaking. Now I do not know if Matt is left or right handed, or if indeed the video is not mirrored/reversed or if he is ambidextrous. However watching his eye movements give me the impression that he may be being deceptive, or may be exaggerating. Also the tone of his voice changes.

Nicole did a reply video to this, which is unedited and quite short.

Again, as ive said above im no expert and to play devils advocate I dont dispell that maybe Nicole is a sociopath. However she looks at the camera more than Matt and for the most part of the video, her eye movement is consistent.

So this has blown up and been featured on different news outlets recently.

Then today Nicole did this very short and brief video, calling out Matt to do a polygraph test and she would do one as well.

I understand that her motives may be to doublebluff such accusations (which is brave and quite possibly foolish) or she is being genuine. Whilst I understand that polygraph tests are not 100% accurate and there are certain psychologies or methods that can beat them, they can indicate signs of stress and lying.

Now I understand that maybe people will think what the fuck should I care, who the fuck are these people and they are probably doing it for attention and I kinda think the same. I'm just interested in peoples gut feelings about the videos and if you had to choose between the two, who gives you the impression that they are being honest??

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Domestic abuse. Matt vs Nicole.
I find it interesting that it's easier for doubt and suspicion when the victim is a man. Suspect if the rolls were reversed this thread would not be here.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-01-2016, 12:21 PM
(16-01-2016 12:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I find it interesting that it's easier for doubt and suspicion when the victim is a man. Suspect if the rolls were reversed this thread would not be here.

Nope. Whilst I believe that many people may just come to an emotional reaction I most of the time look from a logical perspective.

If it was roles reversed this thread would still exist. I am fan of neither of them.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
16-01-2016, 12:25 PM
I went to the "Dear fat people" link.

Fucking hilarious!

Ricky Gervais could have written that.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
16-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Without knowing details and frankly, not caring enough to find out...I do find it interesting that if he never called her out by name, then why is she acting so defensive?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Couple of narcissists - they deserve each other. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
16-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Why would I be interested in those people? Consider

No, seriously. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2016, 09:21 PM
(16-01-2016 12:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  So there are two youtube celebrities. One is named Matt Santaro and the other is Nicole Arbour.

Nicole became famous, probably down to the fact that she dated Matt for 6 months but also from a video she did titled "Dear fat people" which has been seen over 9 million times and can be viewed here

Now, whilst that video could be seen as controversial and not exactly done in the most empathic or sensible way, thats not what this thread is about. What this thread is about is some shitstorm that has occured since.

Matt "accidentally" released a video about domestic abuse he suffered when dating an ex girlfriend. He doesnt name Nicole as being the person who abused him, however she has taken it as he did mean her.

Here is his video..

Now, I am no expert in reading body language, however I have studied it in my spare time and read a few books on the subject. There are a few flags that are raised that interest me. One is his whine at the 1:30 mark, which sounds fake and put on to me. Also his expansive and open hand gestures throughout the video. Lastly, whilst it is by no means an exact science, there are thought to be different quadrants that our eyes travel to when speaking. Now I do not know if Matt is left or right handed, or if indeed the video is not mirrored/reversed or if he is ambidextrous. However watching his eye movements give me the impression that he may be being deceptive, or may be exaggerating. Also the tone of his voice changes.

Nicole did a reply video to this, which is unedited and quite short.

Again, as ive said above im no expert and to play devils advocate I dont dispell that maybe Nicole is a sociopath. However she looks at the camera more than Matt and for the most part of the video, her eye movement is consistent.

So this has blown up and been featured on different news outlets recently.

Then today Nicole did this very short and brief video, calling out Matt to do a polygraph test and she would do one as well.

I understand that her motives may be to doublebluff such accusations (which is brave and quite possibly foolish) or she is being genuine. Whilst I understand that polygraph tests are not 100% accurate and there are certain psychologies or methods that can beat them, they can indicate signs of stress and lying.

Now I understand that maybe people will think what the fuck should I care, who the fuck are these people and they are probably doing it for attention and I kinda think the same. I'm just interested in peoples gut feelings about the videos and if you had to choose between the two, who gives you the impression that they are being honest??

Holy crap! She's apparently only 30, but she looks much older.

... That's sad.
16-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Both have shitty Youtube channels Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
16-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Okay, it took me hours to decide to watch the guys video. I was concerned about triggers. What I saw is a fake. Totally fake first person description from a person who claims to be a victim of domestic abuse. I made it through a little over five minutes and then skipped quickly through the rest.

I don't buy the tears. I don't buy the extremely vague descriptions of events. I don't buy the use of the term 'individual' to describe the supposed abuser. The words used throughout were too generic. None of what he said connected to any kind of emotion in me.

If it's being done as a PSA, it's done with little that rings true.

Maybe I am wrong...but I don't buy it. Just don't.

I may come back to watch the woman's videos, but I doubt it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post