Domestic abuse. Matt vs Nicole.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Domestic abuse. Matt vs Nicole.
I can't even watch his video. All I can think is "Dude. Quit sniveling and handle your shit." Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
17-01-2016, 07:48 AM
Storm in a teacup. Leave 'em be Drinking Beverage
17-01-2016, 08:36 AM
A couple of nobodies I've never heard of, and both with crap YouTube channels (as I've just found out). I'm guessing they have a combined IQ of 99. On a good day LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
17-01-2016, 09:14 AM
(16-01-2016 12:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  So there are two youtube celebrities. One is named Matt Santaro and the other is Nicole Arbour.

Nicole became famous, probably down to the fact that she dated Matt for 6 months but also from a video she did titled "Dear fat people" which has been seen over 9 million times and can be viewed here

Now, whilst that video could be seen as controversial and not exactly done in the most empathic or sensible way, thats not what this thread is about. What this thread is about is some shitstorm that has occured since.

Matt "accidentally" released a video about domestic abuse he suffered when dating an ex girlfriend. He doesnt name Nicole as being the person who abused him, however she has taken it as he did mean her.

Here is his video..

Now, I am no expert in reading body language, however I have studied it in my spare time and read a few books on the subject. There are a few flags that are raised that interest me. One is his whine at the 1:30 mark, which sounds fake and put on to me. Also his expansive and open hand gestures throughout the video. Lastly, whilst it is by no means an exact science, there are thought to be different quadrants that our eyes travel to when speaking. Now I do not know if Matt is left or right handed, or if indeed the video is not mirrored/reversed or if he is ambidextrous. However watching his eye movements give me the impression that he may be being deceptive, or may be exaggerating. Also the tone of his voice changes.

Nicole did a reply video to this, which is unedited and quite short.

Again, as ive said above im no expert and to play devils advocate I dont dispell that maybe Nicole is a sociopath. However she looks at the camera more than Matt and for the most part of the video, her eye movement is consistent.

So this has blown up and been featured on different news outlets recently.

Then today Nicole did this very short and brief video, calling out Matt to do a polygraph test and she would do one as well.

I understand that her motives may be to doublebluff such accusations (which is brave and quite possibly foolish) or she is being genuine. Whilst I understand that polygraph tests are not 100% accurate and there are certain psychologies or methods that can beat them, they can indicate signs of stress and lying.

Now I understand that maybe people will think what the fuck should I care, who the fuck are these people and they are probably doing it for attention and I kinda think the same. I'm just interested in peoples gut feelings about the videos and if you had to choose between the two, who gives you the impression that they are being honest??

Polygraphs are so phony. Different people are different. I once was asked to take one, and it indicated I was lying as I gave my name and address. I asked the girl to continue on with it, but she said she could not and turned in her report that I am a pathological liar not knowing the difference between the truth and a lie!
But let me say that if the woman mentioned above saw herself in what he was saying she is the one who saw herself in it, he didn't mention her name. He may well have been talking about a totally different person not her except her personality decided it had to be about her! And no I didn't watch more than half of his video and none of hers, just read the text!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
17-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Polygraphs have been deemed useless from a scientific perspective:

In ancient China (circa 1000 BCE), suspected liars had to chew rice powder and spit it out. If the powder was dry the suspect was deemed a liar because, it was thought, lying increases fear and saliva flow decreases in response to fear. During the Inquisition, suspected liars were made to chew bread and cheese. If they choked on the meal—due to a dry throat caused by fear—it might be their last!

The idea of a physiological response to lying being detected by a simple test is an old one and seems barbaric and primitive to us. Add a few electrical wires (a polygraph) and some technical-sounding jargon and the idea of detecting a lie by physiological response becomes "scientific."

Robert Todd Carroll

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
17-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Don't know the guy. Can't stand Nicole Arbour's "comedy". I think if somebody else were delivering what her 'jokes' are trying to convey, it'd be funny, but I digress.
17-01-2016, 09:39 AM
I put forth the theory that is all for profit. They get paid for every click.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
17-01-2016, 09:51 AM

Woops.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
17-01-2016, 09:54 AM
(16-01-2016 12:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  So there are two youtube celebrities. One is named Matt Santaro and the other is Nicole Arbour.

Nicole became famous, probably down to the fact that she dated Matt for 6 months but also from a video she did titled "Dear fat people" which has been seen over 9 million times and can be viewed here

It's funny, I wasn't familiar with any of these individuals, but his abuse video appeared in my youtube feed one day, and me and my wife ended up watching. I know it's totally inappropriate response, but me and my wife just couldn't help but find it funny, but I don't know if I doubted his authenticity.

But I guess it is a bizarre thing to take your personal relationship, and make them into a youtube phenomenon. It's entertaining but trashy at the same time.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
17-01-2016, 10:38 AM
(16-01-2016 12:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Without knowing details and frankly, not caring enough to find out...I do find it interesting that if he never called her out by name, then why is she acting so defensive?

I myself was in a relationship which beat me into the ground and the bitch was a lot like this one. Could look any right in the eye and say I am a perfect person etc...