Dominionism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2011, 09:16 PM
RE: Dominionism
When I read the words of Dominionists I am reminded of the quote "When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Evil, thy name is Dominionism - Me

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nontheocrat's post
29-09-2011, 10:54 AM
(28-09-2011 09:16 PM)nontheocrat Wrote:  When I read the words of Dominionists I am reminded of the quote "When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Evil, thy name is Dominionism - Me

Does Chris Hedges know? I'm not being facetious; i really haven't heard anything recent from him.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
29-09-2011, 11:06 AM
(29-09-2011 10:54 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Does Chris Hedges know? I'm not being facetious; i really haven't heard anything recent from him.

What do you think of Hedges, Peterkin?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
29-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I loved the interview with Alan Gregg a couple of years ago, on fascism in America. Read bits of that book, but find the topic too depressing to pursue in depth; agree about the symptoms but have a slightly different notion of outcome. I've heard him on some other talk-show, where he also made a lot of sense. I liked particularly that he was definite in his answers - not hemming and hawing and trying to soften it for popular consumption.
On the other hand, the video (youtube, probably) where he was debating one of the atheist spokesmen (Harris?) i though he was damned silly. Disappointing.
Just goes to show how a really smart guy can be really stupid at the same time. Gives one pause about one's own blind-spots.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
29-09-2011, 02:32 PM
(29-09-2011 12:55 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I loved the interview with Alan Gregg a couple of years ago, on fascism in America. Read bits of that book, but find the topic too depressing to pursue in depth; agree about the symptoms but have a slightly different notion of outcome. I've heard him on some other talk-show, where he also made a lot of sense. I liked particularly that he was definite in his answers - not hemming and hawing and trying to soften it for popular consumption.
On the other hand, the video (youtube, probably) where he was debating one of the atheist spokesmen (Harris?) i though he was damned silly. Disappointing.
Just goes to show how a really smart guy can be really stupid at the same time. Gives one pause about one's own blind-spots.

Thanks. I haven't read Hedges, but he seems to have interesting ideas. Graduate degree from Harvard Divinity School, staunchly against fundamentalism, which he connects with fascism, but also takes Harris, Hitchens et al. to task as the "new fundamentalists." I'd like to see if this is all part of a consistent worldview. I'll start by checking out the videos you mentioned.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.