Don't Be A Dick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Don't Be A Dick
[Image: a.aaa-Funniest-Dog-Ever.jpg]

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Free's post
03-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Hey, Baba - you're being a dick. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
03-01-2015, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 01:02 PM by gofish!.)
Hmm...I'm guessing that my post (one response that could be classified as "on topic") was wasted, as I suspect he has me on ignore....

How ironic would that be?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
03-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Re: Don't Be A Dick
You should put me on ignore because I'm fed up with being nice.

Being a dick could also mean joining a forum that's been going fine without us. Then, upon joining said forum, decide arbitrarily that the forum should conform to what we want. That is, instead of learning the general feeling of the forum and simply ignoring that already established feeling.

Being a dick could also mean deciding that because others don't think the way we do that they are not worthy or equal to us. That claim of superiority is usually a sign of being a dick.

Being a dick could also be making a blanket statement, such as members of a forum have never thought about why they feel or think a certain way. Just because not everyone has given a life story or in-depth explanation doesn't mean they haven't delved into their own psyche. That includes, say, a member who once had a vision during meditation and still questioned it and later discovered he was an atheist.

Being a dick could also mean making a series of related threads saying the same thing and assuming the mods will change the forum to suit the wants of one member.

You know, hypothetically. Not necessarily here, of course.
[+] 13 users Like Clockwork's post
03-01-2015, 12:55 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-01-2015, 01:13 PM
(03-01-2015 10:34 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  ------------------------
PLEASE NOTE: This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with this forum or it's policies. Nothing what-so-fucking-ever. Thank you so much for understanding.
------------------------

It has been suggested by great internet sages (whose names have been lost in the mists of history) that when using the internet we might all manage our participation with the guideline "don't be a dick".

What does "being a dick" mean?

"Being a dick" could mean for instance, as just one randomly chosen example, clogging a thread that is making a good faith effort to inspire an intelligent thoughtful discussion of a specific topic with many distracting off topic lazy little posts which do nothing to advance our understanding of the topic. That could perhaps be "being a dick".

And why is it important that we not "be dicks"?

Why do we care what anonymous strangers type on the Internet?

If anonymous user SnoopyDog27 makes an unflattering comment to anonymous user WhispyHair34, why does WhispyHair care?

Why do we rely on mods, more anonymous strangers, to manage our emotional experience of the Internet for us?

Why do we depend on them to protect us from emotional experiences we choose to have within our own minds in response to a series of typed characters on a computer screen?

Why are we so passionately interested in claiming victim status at the earlier opportunity? What's that all about?

Please. Don't be a dick and fill this thread TOO with a bunch of crap. And guys, no whipping out of your dick please, that's another thread.

How about some ....thinking... on this site called: thethinkingatheist.com?

Thanks for thinking, and for not being a dick.

You are like the latest wicked clown of this forum.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-01-2015, 01:18 PM
(03-01-2015 10:34 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  ------------------------
PLEASE NOTE: This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with this forum or it's policies. Nothing what-so-fucking-ever. Thank you so much for understanding.
------------------------

It has been suggested by great internet sages (whose names have been lost in the mists of history) that when using the internet we might all manage our participation with the guideline "don't be a dick".

What does "being a dick" mean?

"Being a dick" could mean for instance, as just one randomly chosen example, clogging a thread that is making a good faith effort to inspire an intelligent thoughtful discussion of a specific topic with many distracting off topic lazy little posts which do nothing to advance our understanding of the topic. That could perhaps be "being a dick".

And why is it important that we not "be dicks"?

Why do we care what anonymous strangers type on the Internet?

If anonymous user SnoopyDog27 makes an unflattering comment to anonymous user WhispyHair34, why does WhispyHair care?

Why do we rely on mods, more anonymous strangers, to manage our emotional experience of the Internet for us?

Why do we depend on them to protect us from emotional experiences we choose to have within our own minds in response to a series of typed characters on a computer screen?

Why are we so passionately interested in claiming victim status at the earlier opportunity? What's that all about?

Please. Don't be a dick and fill this thread TOO with a bunch of crap. And guys, no whipping out of your dick please, that's another thread.

How about some ....thinking... on this site called: thethinkingatheist.com?

Thanks for thinking, and for not being a dick.

You're a dick. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi i'm Baba. I want this forum to revolve around my wants. Am i in charge yet?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
03-01-2015, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 01:57 PM by Anjele.)
(03-01-2015 01:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're a dick. Drinking Beverage

You know you have screwed up when Girly states that you are a dick. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
03-01-2015, 01:49 PM
[Image: jackson-im-just-here-to-read-the-comments-72.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller