Don't Challenge My Sincerely Held Beliefs: Not Just A Religion Problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Don't Challenge My Sincerely Held Beliefs: Not Just A Religion Problem
One thing I have noticed as an adult having adult conversations about everything under the sun... people do NOT like their POV, opinions, beliefs or ideals challenged. It is not just a religious thing.

What I would like to know is what are your "hot button" sincerely held positions that you refuse to yield to different ideas on? You know, the POV you argue continually and consistently and can't wait to proffer your opinion on. We all have them, do you know them, recognize them and do you own your own stubbornness?

This is a bit tongue-n-cheek but also not really.

It's an exercise in personal flexibility. Are you up for it? Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
21-02-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Don't Challenge My Sincerely Held Beliefs: Not Just A Religion Problem
I am open to any opinion being changed if I am wrong. Who am I to say I am always right?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-02-2016, 09:49 PM
(21-02-2016 09:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  What I would like to know is what are your "hot button" sincerely held positions that you refuse to yield to different ideas on? You know, the POV you argue continually and consistently and can't wait to proffer your opinion on. We all have them, do you know them, recognize them and do you own your own stubbornness?

Steven Universe is the greatest show in the history of television and I will fight you on the side of the street if you argue otherwise.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
21-02-2016, 09:53 PM
(21-02-2016 09:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  What I would like to know is what are your "hot button" sincerely held positions that you refuse to yield to different ideas on? You know, the POV you argue continually and consistently and can't wait to proffer your opinion on. We all have them, do you know them, recognize them and do you own your own stubbornness?

Black Adder is the greatest show in the history of television and I will fight you on the side of the street if you argue otherwise.

Fixed. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
21-02-2016, 09:54 PM
(21-02-2016 09:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Steven Universe is the greatest show in the history of television and I will fight you on the side of the street if you argue otherwise.

Huh, can't argue what I don't know... never heard of it and don't know what it is. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-02-2016, 09:56 PM
My atheism is probably the belief I like talking about the most and one of the ones I hold the most confidence in. But like Banjo said earlier, I am willing to listen and consider evidence. It's just irritating hearing the same bullshit over and over.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
21-02-2016, 09:57 PM
(21-02-2016 09:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Black Adder is the greatest show in the history of television and I will fight you on the side of the street if you argue otherwise.

Fixed. Smile

~cough~ Firefly ~cough~

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
21-02-2016, 10:06 PM
(21-02-2016 09:57 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Fixed. Smile

~cough~ Firefly ~cough~

Are you challenging Unbeliever's beliefs????? Cool Consider Censored Laughat

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-02-2016, 10:14 PM
(21-02-2016 10:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-02-2016 09:57 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  ~cough~ Firefly ~cough~

Are you challenging Unbeliever's beliefs????? Cool Consider Censored Laughat

I've watched some Black Adder (funny as hell!) but I've not watched Steven Universe, so I probably shouldn't. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
21-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Tolkiens works being questioned.
[+] 8 users Like Hobbitgirl's post