RE: Don't Feed the Trolls
Now there is an entire new thread dedicated to the other one. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
29-02-2016, 11:09 AM
(29-02-2016 08:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 07:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Doesn't realise that *erases response* is a response.

This too is a response.

[Image: 5502410-bowl-of-green-peas-on-white-background.jpg]

A peas offering?

Wink

But what if I "like" an erased response... (no one knows whether I "liked" it before or after the erasure) is that a response to the response or a response to the erasure? And how would you tell?
Rolleyes

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
29-02-2016, 11:27 AM
(29-02-2016 06:14 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  But because we're all a bunch of masochists, at the time of this post it's grown to 80... Weeping

The troll posts are meaningless but our responses are not.

Look at it this way: The troll posts are the same arguments and comments you may encounter in Real Life. Our responses give a range of ways to answer the Real Life trolls.

You can respond with anger, humor, insults, information, counter-trolling or by ignoring. There is no "right" way to respond. Each situation is different and the best response to one might be the worst in another.

So, practice on them, mock them, insult them and learn from them.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
29-02-2016, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2016 01:41 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
(29-02-2016 11:09 AM)pablo Wrote:  Now there is an entire new thread dedicated to the other one. Dodgy

Not necessarily. It's more of a PSA for that thread and all others like it. If someone pops in and leaves a deliberately inflammatory statement with absolutely nothing to back it up, I don't see why we should waste any time at all on them.

It's a different case if it's just a tired, old argument we've heard and debunked 50 bajillion times. At least if there's an argument there is something to address.

This guy shows up and calls Einstein the village idiot, and we collectively respond with multiple variations of "Y-yer bra..sso...yer brain has..the sh-shell on it..." Tongue

To be fair, we really can't respond any other way because trolls don't provide anything of substance with which to work. There are basically two choices: ignore or stoop to their level. Personally, I would find it very satisfying to see a troll show up and get nothing but Crickets

Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
29-02-2016, 07:00 PM
(29-02-2016 08:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 07:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Doesn't realise that *erases response* is a response.

This too is a response.

[Image: 5502410-bowl-of-green-peas-on-white-background.jpg]

A peas offering?

Wink

He's giving peas a chance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Imagine whirled peas.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
29-02-2016, 11:46 PM
(29-02-2016 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 08:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A peas offering?

Wink

He's giving peas a chance.

I think he's picking a fight. "Hey! Do you want a peas of me?" Argue

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
01-03-2016, 09:42 PM
This is why I generally don't go into the Atheism/Theism forum. Theist stupid is a special kind (OK, except for Aliza, she still has a brain and knows how to use it), which, I have learned is a colossal waste of time. Maybe one person identifies the troll in the first rebuttal post (this one is so obvious that it positively stunk from the very first post), and the rest go in with pics of kicking a horse's carcass or some such without making any other rebuttal, since nothing else is going to work, anyway? Just to have some fun with it!

Nobody here is going to get any sharper claws trying to shred shit like this, they're just going to stink up their fingers. Girl_nails
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-03-2016, 09:43 PM
I think it just depends on how bored I am.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
01-03-2016, 09:45 PM
(01-03-2016 09:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I think it just depends on how bored I am.

Quoted For Truth.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post