Don't Forget Rotary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Don't Forget Rotary
I read many members on here miss or desire the fellowship of others they lack from being a Non. Churches also supply an outlet for giving back, with mission trips, neighborhood clean ups, and other charity kind of help out your neighbor kind of events.

Keep in mind if you are a an executive, business owner or professional, there is this opportunity in your area. Rotary

Rotary is a service club. There is one in almost every town in every country, sometimes several if population is large enough.

Are they religious?, No, although, some meet in churches for convenience and some, not all will start dinner with a prayer. For all that I have been to in a few countries, that is it.

What do they do? Rotary clubs meet once a week for dinner, breakfast or lunch. At the meeting, there is always a speaker slated to talk for 15-30 minutes. Speakers might be a new business in an area, a charity, chair of an event coming up, politicians updating on new laws, law enforcement about the state of the area or new programs, and on and on. It makes you very informed about the area you live in over the years.

They will do a few fundraisers a year, or one big one. Some of the money will go to ongoing projects in the area, some might go to Rotary International for clean water projects, fight polio(they are the driving force behind this).

I recommend you check them out in your area. They are invitation only but it would be rare that you would be turned away if you showed interest. It is also a great networking group for businesses.

They also have some great opportunities for kids to travel on their different youth exchange programs. There are many mission style trips as well for members who want to travel and help out.

check it out

T.H.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: Don't Forget Rotary
Are they, like, some kind of free masonry thing? Sound dangerously close the way you describe it...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
24-05-2013, 01:35 PM
RE: Don't Forget Rotary
Nothing like masons, though there will be members who are both. I am a mason from long ago, family pear pressure.

Just a well informed, well fed group of do gooders.

Bonus of being a member is you would then be a member of a group who is forcing polio vaccines on unsuspecting poor nations to sterilize them, or at least that is what I have been told from people. So that's a good fit.

T.H.
[+] 1 user Likes T.H.'s post