Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal
Because you didn't. You can't.

Adoption is a clearly defined legal term. It means that a human being (or two humans, jointly) take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of a child, and do everything in their power to do their best to raise that child. It can take years of effort, legal wrangling and sometimes repeated heartbreak when it doesn't happen.

You can "get" a pet. You can borrow one, buy one, steal one - and hell - if you're really good in a laboratory - perhaps someday you'll be able to build one.

It's hugely insulting to those folks that take responsibility for a child and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars housing, feeding, caring for, entertaining, educating, disciplining and loving a child --- to compare that child to an animal you pet once a day, and then make shit into a box in the laundry room.......

The two things are just not equal.

People who say they "adopted" a pet - seem to think that animals are equal to humans.

I utterly refuse that notion.

I live higher on the food chain.

Adoption is solely for humans.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-02-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal
Wow, I never knew words can only have one meaning Consider

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 10 users Like undergroundp's post
13-02-2016, 08:05 AM
(13-02-2016 08:04 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Wow, I never knew words can only have one meaning Consider

I've legally adopted the stance that you are correct.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Gawdzilla's post
13-02-2016, 08:07 AM
(13-02-2016 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Adoption is solely for humans.

Yes dear Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-02-2016, 08:07 AM
(13-02-2016 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because you didn't. You can't.

Adoption is a clearly defined legal term. It means that a human being (or two humans, jointly) take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of a child, and do everything in their power to do their best to raise that child. It can take years of effort, legal wrangling and sometimes repeated heartbreak when it doesn't happen.

You can "get" a pet. You can borrow one, buy one, steal one - and hell - if you're really good in a laboratory - perhaps someday you'll be able to build one.

It's hugely insulting to those folks that take responsibility for a child and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars housing, feeding, caring for, entertaining, educating, disciplining and loving a child --- to compare that child to an animal you pet once a day, and then make shit into a box in the laundry room.......

People who say they "adopted" a pet - seem to think that animals are equal to humans.

Humans are animals.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 11 users Like Dom's post
13-02-2016, 08:08 AM
(13-02-2016 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because you didn't. You can't.

Humans are animals.

Humans are animals.

Bikers are humans.

Therefore Bikers are animals.

Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
13-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Respect to those who choose to adopt children...

But I would argue that the word itself pertains to the concept of changing to or assuming responsibility of pretty much anything. I can, for example, adopt a new method of doing something. The word itself can be used in a very wide variety of contexts. That doesn't in any way diminish the decision to adopt human children. Unless, of course, you also choose to adopt the increasingly popular "I choose to be offended just because" philosophy Tongue. Don't go that route on me Sad

'Murican Canadian
[+] 9 users Like yakherder's post
13-02-2016, 08:15 AM
[Image: wpid-wp-1436742937115.jpeg?w=860]

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 9 users Like undergroundp's post
13-02-2016, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 09:20 AM by I Am.)
(13-02-2016 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  <snip>

So, we should divorce the word from any other meaning?
That could foster some frustration among animal shelters.
They might be wedded to the term.
[+] 4 users Like I Am's post
13-02-2016, 09:29 AM
I've adopted dozens of animals over my life time, legally and otherwise. My adoption papers on my dogs are a clear and legally binding contract of responsibility. Which is exactly what adoption papers are for children. You clearly have a personal issue that has nothing to do with the real and legal meaning of adoption.

It does not, however, change the fact that adoption has many meanings legal and otherwise. The most common use is to take legal responsibility or acceptance of, a human, an animal, a bill of law, a social order or a variety of others.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post