Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal
(13-02-2016 01:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think I wil adopt popsthebuilder. His metaphysics are all over the damn place. Thumbsup

No Dude's been known to have murderous tendencies. Don't do that. Bad idea.

Yeah. I'm gonna pursue it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2016, 01:24 PM
(13-02-2016 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because you didn't. You can't.

Adoption is a clearly defined legal term. It means that a human being (or two humans, jointly) take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of a child, and do everything in their power to do their best to raise that child. It can take years of effort, legal wrangling and sometimes repeated heartbreak when it doesn't happen.

You can "get" a pet. You can borrow one, buy one, steal one - and hell - if you're really good in a laboratory - perhaps someday you'll be able to build one.

It's hugely insulting to those folks that take responsibility for a child and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars housing, feeding, caring for, entertaining, educating, disciplining and loving a child --- to compare that child to an animal you pet once a day, and then make shit into a box in the laundry room.......

The two things are just not equal.

People who say they "adopted" a pet - seem to think that animals are equal to humans.

I utterly refuse that notion.

I live higher on the food chain.

Adoption is solely for humans.

Do you enjoy disagreeing with people? Wink

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-02-2016, 01:25 PM
(13-02-2016 01:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No Dude's been known to have murderous tendencies. Don't do that. Bad idea.

Yeah. I'm gonna pursue it.

Don't make us talk to Manly! Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
13-02-2016, 01:26 PM
TL;DR

Ill I have to say about the OP is: O.o

That is all.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
13-02-2016, 05:47 PM
(13-02-2016 01:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah. I'm gonna pursue it.

Don't make us talk to Manly! Tongue

Not necessary.
All the doggies will hound him out of town in about 10 minutes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-02-2016, 07:14 AM
(13-02-2016 12:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 12:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think we should all adopt onlinebiker. He needs a home. Tongue

Or we could trap/neuter/release him... Consider

Already been done....

Shooting nothing but blanks since 1990....

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-02-2016, 07:25 AM

Adoption is a clearly defined legal term. It means that a human being (or two humans, jointly) take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of a child, and do everything in their power to do their best to raise that child. It can take years of effort, legal wrangling and sometimes repeated heartbreak when it doesn't happen.

You can "get" a pet. You can borrow one, buy one, steal one - and hell - if you're really good in a laboratory - perhaps someday you'll be able to build one.

It's hugely insulting to those folks that take responsibility for a child and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars housing, feeding, caring for, entertaining, educating, disciplining and loving a child --- to compare that child to an animal you pet once a day, and then make shit into a box in the laundry room.......

People who say they "adopted" a pet - seem to think that animals are equal to humans.

But it fits right in with the perverted people who refer to themselves as daddy or mommy to animals. Mostly women who never had children, but what is sicker than a woman saying to her dog "Come to Momma." I took a lady friend to the vet with he rcat. The lady weighs in at close to 300 lbs, her cat at probaly 20. The vet told her she should take better care of the cat by reducing its calories. SHe said to the vet, "But look at her momma. How could she be otherwise than over weight!" Talk about confused people!
14-02-2016, 07:35 AM
(14-02-2016 07:25 AM)DerFish Wrote:  

But it fits right in with the perverted people who refer to themselves as daddy or mommy to animals. Mostly women who never had children, but what is sicker than a woman saying to her dog "Come to Momma." I took a lady friend to the vet with he rcat. The lady weighs in at close to 300 lbs, her cat at probaly 20. The vet told her she should take better care of the cat by reducing its calories. SHe said to the vet, "But look at her momma. How could she be otherwise than over weight!" Talk about confused people!

I know the type.

I think that the reason I truly despise people using "adopted" for the procurement of animals is the "why" -- that the term came to it's current usage.

Animal rights whackadoodles --- I'm talking the type that think "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy" -- Ingrid Newkirk asshats --- self loathing, human hating fuckholes who would rejoice at the demise of the human race ------ started using the word "adopted" to describe the transaction of property transfer, when someone gets a pet.

Pets are not people folks.

Never have been, and as far as I'm concerned, never should be.

Humans have rights.

Animals have whatever leniency their owners bestow upon them.

I have the right to walk down the street. I can buy, own, and dispose of property (including pets) as I see fit.

Your cute and cuddly pet does not.

Adopting animals?

Cabbage Patch dolls came with a certificate of adoption as well............

It makes just as much sense.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-02-2016, 07:36 AM
People can refer to their pets as their significant others for all I care. Girl_nails

Heck with advances in medical technology they can start having kids together if they want.

'Murican Canadian
14-02-2016, 07:44 AM
(13-02-2016 10:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 10:19 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone needs to tell the 'Adopt A Highway' people that they have to find another term for tending to, and taking care of, something that isn't even alive.

The "adopt a road kill" program never seemed to gain traction...

But on most road kill you can see the tracks!