Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2016, 10:20 AM
RE: Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal
This is what happens when you drink cheap vodka. Tongue

As far as I'm concerned "adopted pets" come from shelters and "bought pets" come from stores. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-02-2016, 10:54 AM
I adopted a seal once. It was around 7 years ago. Had a picture of him but I lost it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
14-02-2016, 11:14 AM
(14-02-2016 10:54 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I adopted a seal once. It was around 7 years ago. Had a picture of him but I lost it.
SEAL Team One still misses you. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
14-02-2016, 06:41 PM
(14-02-2016 07:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I have the right to walk down the street. I can buy, own, and dispose of property (including pets) as I see fit.

Actually, you can't. There are animal cruelty laws. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
14-02-2016, 06:52 PM
(14-02-2016 10:54 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I adopted a seal once. It was around 7 years ago. Had a picture of him but I lost it.

[Image: seal2.gif]

[Image: seal1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Sounds personal Biker. You shouldn't take it as such.

My dogs have always been more than "just pets" to me, and I don't pet them once a day or make them shit in a box in the corner. I own them but they are more than just propery and I treat them as such.

And pet adoption ain't cheap, and many of those animals require a lot of extra care and attention after being victims of abuse.
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
15-02-2016, 08:30 AM
When Jemima the Imperatrix dead we adopt two kitten from a shelter. Turned out they were brother and sister, slept together immediately, same gold-colored eyes, etc. Two random picks and siblings were re-united. Win for everybody.
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-02-2016, 09:18 AM
A dog is a life partner who can smell and hear things you cannot, who reads human body language in a way you cannot, and who will defend you in a way that you cannot.

Just because you are higher up in the food chain doesn't mean that the dog is not better than you. They are better at giving unconditional love, too.

Learn to read your dog's body language, and you have a great life partner.

Of course, if you expect a dog to act like a person, you are doing both a disfavor. Dogs don't replace humans, they complete them.

If you have not been able to experience this, I feel sorry for you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
15-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Hey, OB, here's a bit of advice for you: In the battle between you and the world, put your money on the world. Big Grin
15-02-2016, 10:37 AM
OB I like you you clearly care about people and that's great, so do I but looking back its clear from posts you have made in the past that you do not like animals except perhaps the ones that end up on your plate there is nothing wrong with the phrase adoption in relation to animals and I'm struggling to understand why this is such an issue for you its not disrespectful and doesn't denigrate human adoption in the slightest, many of us have pets who are hugely important to to us and assist us in maintenance of our physical and mental health adoption is a word with many different meanings and I find your stance on this issue quite frankly baffling
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post