Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: Don't Tell Me You Adopted an Animal
(14-02-2016 07:25 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because you didn't. You can't.

Adoption is a clearly defined legal term. It means that a human being (or two humans, jointly) take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of a child, and do everything in their power to do their best to raise that child. It can take years of effort, legal wrangling and sometimes repeated heartbreak when it doesn't happen.

You can "get" a pet. You can borrow one, buy one, steal one - and hell - if you're really good in a laboratory - perhaps someday you'll be able to build one.

It's hugely insulting to those folks that take responsibility for a child and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars housing, feeding, caring for, entertaining, educating, disciplining and loving a child --- to compare that child to an animal you pet once a day, and then make shit into a box in the laundry room.......

The two things are just not equal.

People who say they "adopted" a pet - seem to think that animals are equal to humans.

I utterly refuse that notion.

I live higher on the food chain.

Adoption is solely for humans.

But it fits right in with the perverted people who refer to themselves as daddy or mommy to animals. Mostly women who never had children, but what is sicker than a woman saying to her dog "Come to Momma." I took a lady friend to the vet with he rcat. The lady weighs in at close to 300 lbs, her cat at probaly 20. The vet told her she should take better care of the cat by reducing its calories. SHe said to the vet, "But look at her momma. How could she be otherwise than over weight!" Talk about confused people!

Wtf screw you buddy I'm one of those people you call perverted and I am fucking proud of it!!!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-02-2016, 10:53 AM
(15-02-2016 09:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  A dog is a life partner who can smell and hear things you cannot, who reads human body language in a way you cannot, and who will defend you in a way that you cannot.

Just because you are higher up in the food chain doesn't mean that the dog is not better than you. They are better at giving unconditional love, too.

Learn to read your dog's body language, and you have a great life partner.

Of course, if you expect a dog to act like a person, you are doing both a disfavor. Dogs don't replace humans, they complete them.

If you have not been able to experience this, I feel sorry for you.
Utter nonsense...

You can anthropomorphize all you like - but your dog's "love" is a fiction promoted by pet owners.

Die in a room alone with your dog, and when he gets real hungry, he'll eat you with the same gusto as a bowl of Alpo....................

You correctly point out that a dog's ears and eyes react to different wavelengths than humans.

You incorrectly assign emotional states, to an animal that has no understanding of your idea of love...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-02-2016, 10:57 AM
(15-02-2016 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 09:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  A dog is a life partner who can smell and hear things you cannot, who reads human body language in a way you cannot, and who will defend you in a way that you cannot.

Just because you are higher up in the food chain doesn't mean that the dog is not better than you. They are better at giving unconditional love, too.

Of course, if you expect a dog to act like a person, you are doing both a disfavor. Dogs don't replace humans, they complete them.

Utter nonsense...

You can anthropomorphize all you like - but your dog's "love" is a fiction promoted by pet owners.

Die in a room alone with your dog, and when he gets real hungry, he'll eat you with the same gusto as a bowl of Alpo....................

You correctly point out that a dog's ears and eyes react to different wavelengths than humans.

You incorrectly assign emotional states, to an animal that has no understanding of your idea of love...............

He's a mammal. Check out the biology and it's implications.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-02-2016, 10:58 AM
(15-02-2016 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Die in a room alone with your dog, and when he gets real hungry, he'll eat you with the same gusto as a bowl of Alpo....................

Cats don't wait until you're dead.

#sigh
15-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Utter nonsense...

The fact that any dog would probably eat its owner in death does not to my mind denigrate the love and loyalty it has in life there have been many instances of humans resorting to cannibalism once someone has died.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-02-2016, 11:00 AM

Utter nonsense...

[Image: 88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
15-02-2016, 11:04 AM
PERVERTED and PROUD
15-02-2016, 11:07 AM
(15-02-2016 10:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Utter nonsense...

He's a mammal. Check out the biology and it's implications.

Simply being a mammal doesn't make an animal capable of human traits...........

When you find me a wolverine that can do differential calculus, I'll change my mind on that...........

And when you can get your dog to say clearly "I love you, not simply because you feed me, but because you're just a really great gal" -- I'll believe your dog capable of love...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-02-2016, 11:11 AM
(15-02-2016 11:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 10:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  He's a mammal. Check out the biology and it's implications.

Simply being a mammal doesn't make an animal capable of human traits...........

When you find me a wolverine that can do differential calculus, I'll change my mind on that...........

And when you can get your dog to say clearly "I love you, not simply because you feed me, but because you're just a really great gal" -- I'll believe your dog capable of love...............

Jesus fucking ChristFacepalm
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
15-02-2016, 11:11 AM
The trick is to not adopt them. Once you adopt them you get no tax break. As long as you're "fostering" them for a legitimate 501©(3) shelter they're a tax write off. We've got a couple "fosters" we been deducting their food bill for over a decade.

#sigh