Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2013 01:58 PM by Lawls.)
Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
If there was an all powerful being that created the universe, why would it care about our tiny planet? Don't people who believe in a personal god ever think about how out of proportion their beliefs are? It was ok back when we thought we were the center of the universe. But now we know that's quadrillions of lightyears away from the truth. Earth is one little planet, the universe is just massive. Why would a god create only one planet that he would focus on? but then create uncountable other planets? why the wasted space?. religions like the Abrahamic ones come off as arrogant to me because of this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Lawls's post
14-11-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
One is tempted to write, "Don't atheists feel the same way when they go against most of mankind with their paradigm?"

However, I will respond to wrote you wrote:

*There can be life on other planets

*There is amazing diversity of life here--we can see an amazing creation here on Earth with billions of living species, including higher animals, social animals and insects, and much more

If being Earth-centric seems arrogant of religion, than by the same token, if big God in a big universe is focused on little men, God is supremely humble
14-11-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(14-11-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  One is tempted to write, "Don't atheists feel the same way when they go against most of mankind with their paradigm?"

*There is amazing diversity of life here--we can see an amazing creation here on Earth with billions of living species, including higher animals, social animals and insects, and much more

If being Earth-centric seems arrogant of religion, than by the same token, if big God in a big universe is focused on little men, God is supremely humble

[Image: 57b.jpg]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 23 users Like nach_in's post
14-11-2013, 02:18 PM
That is possibly the funniest picture I have seen.
[+] 6 users Like jaguar3030's post
14-11-2013, 02:19 PM
(14-11-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  One is tempted to write, "Don't atheists feel the same way when they go against most of mankind with their paradigm?"

I never said There wasn't life on other planets, that would be mathematically impossible.

Also I love that picture nach_in posted.
14-11-2013, 02:22 PM
(14-11-2013 02:19 PM)Lawls Wrote:  

I never said There wasn't life on other planets, that would be mathematically impossible.

never mind PJ, he's our local spezial theizt Hobo

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
14-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Wouldnt it be funny if advanced life did exist on other planets and the only reason they don't deal with us is because too many on this planet believe in invisible friends?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-11-2013, 02:56 PM
(14-11-2013 02:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wouldnt it be funny if advanced life did exist on other planets and the only reason they don't deal with us is because too many on this planet believe in invisible friends?

Haha Indeed it would, or maybe they're just sitting there watching us blow each other apart over them.
14-11-2013, 03:07 PM
(14-11-2013 02:18 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  That is possibly the funniest picture I have seen.

Funnier than Laser Cats? Funnier than Rick Rolling? Funnier than Willy Wonka memes?

I should think not. It's more like a pretty, pretty picture of a beautiful universe and then a weird, Gentile-styled picture of Y'shua of Beit Lechem saying something He actually never says in either testament of the Bible or the apocrypha.

We call such an attack, Jaguar, a "straw man". So you have a funny looking straw man argument--with extra stars, sort of like a big box of Lucky Charms, as magically delicious as the Flying Spaghetti Atheist.
14-11-2013, 03:08 PM
PS. Great avoidance, everyone, of actually responding to any of my three points.

Checkmate, Atheists (atheists).