Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
An interesting short story along these lines is "The Man" by Ray Bradbury.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(18-11-2013 03:56 PM)alpha male Wrote:  An interesting short story along these lines is "The Man" by Ray Bradbury.

Heart Awwwww.... you're just saying that. Heart

I Heart Uncle Ray. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(18-11-2013 03:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Look, I know y'all think I'm crazy, but at least my brand of crazy is rooted with logic and rationale.

Most of it is. In fact, I will agree that it's your adherence to logic on most points that most fascinates me about you. I've not met many theists quite like you.

So, are you saying there's absolutely no crazy in there? Not even a little?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
18-11-2013, 07:12 PM
(18-11-2013 03:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Look, I know y'all think I'm crazy, but at least my brand of crazy is rooted with logic and rationale.

That's true.

I think your premises are unsupportable, but you conclusions follow quite reasonably from them!

... this is my signature!
(18-11-2013 02:07 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Quite the conundrum!

PJ says we can be saved. KC says our fates are predetermined. I'd say that KC's angle is more in-line with the description of the Christian god. After all, if your salvation is known (and therefore determined) before you're born, free-will becomes meaningless.

I think it's all bullshit, myself.... Wink

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
(18-11-2013 01:33 PM)kim Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 12:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Wait, what????? You guys can't even get your fairy tales straight amongst yourselves????? WTF???

Ha! Tongue
TMock, I guess this might be your first encounter with a few of our onboard theists all in one place ... including our forum administrator, Kingsy.

Yea, christees have an inability to get it together on many things, not unlike atheists - there is quite a variety of loon out amongst the godly, to say the least. Wink

LOL asctually I about punched a hole in my cheek with my tongue while posting that....

18-11-2013, 07:18 PM
(18-11-2013 03:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That synergism crap doesn't make a lick of sense.

Look, I know y'all think I'm crazy, but at least my brand of crazy is rooted with logic and rationale.

Um, no, not at all, really.

Quote:You can't choose God and have Him choose you as well. That's a conundrum and paradoxical. He either chose you or He didn't.

Sucks, don't it?

Quote:If there is even a small bit of free will... I mean if your choice is even .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000​00000000000000000000000000000000001% of the equation it still makes God impotent ie not omnipotent.

Yeah. So you see, none of it is even logical.

Quote:If you have a choice, God is subjecting Himself to your whims; therefore, He isn't sovereign because your free will is sovereign over Him aka He's a craptastic, weakling of a god.

Yeah.

Quote:Arminianism and Calvinism cannot coexist in a single belief.

Should tell you something. That is, if you were "rational, logical", as you claim....Consider

18-11-2013, 09:27 PM
(18-11-2013 01:33 PM)kim Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 12:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Wait, what????? You guys can't even get your fairy tales straight amongst yourselves????? WTF???

Ha! Tongue
TMock, I guess this might be your first encounter with a few of our onboard theists all in one place ... including our forum administrator, Kingsy.

Yea, christees have an inability to get it together on many things, not unlike atheists - there is quite a variety of loon out amongst the godly, to say the least. Wink
There's nothing like the battle of the verses. KC is right that Calvinism is more defensible, which is good for atheists since it is even crazier that mainstream evangelical. Here's how Yahweh refers to unbelievers: Rom 9:22 'What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction'. That's me and you, fitted for destruction before the foundation of the world! But Jesus loves you!
19-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Ahhh, fiery new members Smile

Gotta love them.

Don't worry... in a month or two you'll get burned out doing the atheism vs theism thing and then start hanging around the Casual Coffeehouse.

I used to never venture out of A&T... now well... I'm lucky if I make 10 posts a week in it.

Arguing the same stuff just gets old... trite... mind numbing.

Not that I don't appreciate your zeal... I love it. Reminds me of me when I first started posting. So, keep it up. Smile

Just don't think I'm ignoring you... or dodging your questions... or that I can't debate you. I just don't want to.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Ah, Kingsy. You're so fluffy and adorable. Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post