Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(21-11-2013 01:24 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You know what? I am going to say what I am going to fucking say. And what I fucking say will be judged on its own merits. You can quit being an xtard-appeaser-pussy, any time, eh?

Ok, judging by it's own merits:

No merits here, except maybe an extensive vocabulary of expletives, if you can call that a "merit".

If there are logical thoughts at the base of this, they are not visible.

Merits given: 0

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-11-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
So - question:

(sorry I know I'm new..........but............)

If we ALL throw down to the tune of:
A. Christians cannot prove God exists
B. Atheists cannot prove God does not exist
C. Either camp that gives a rats-ass for A or B just have one foot nailed to the floor and twirl incessantly...........so its a moot point

can we get to the rest of the questions? Cause in all seriousness when all/any discussion reverts back to A or B the thread might as well die. OR we should just start EVERY discussion/conversation with the un provable and not talk atall.

just sayin..............

Sorry but I get bored sometimes.Tongue

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
21-11-2013, 09:21 AM
(21-11-2013 09:12 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Sorry but I get bored sometimes.Tongue

"Proof" doesn't actually exist outside of mathematics. And when we get bored without a convenient theist to chew on, we turn on each other with reckless abandon. We're a "family" like that. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 09:21 AM
(21-11-2013 09:12 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So - question:

C. Either camp that gives a rats-ass for A or B just have one foot nailed to the floor and twirl incessantly...........so its a moot point

can we get to the rest of the questions? Cause in all seriousness when all/any discussion reverts back to A or B the thread might as well die. OR we should just start EVERY discussion/conversation with the un provable and not talk atall.

just sayin..............

I already made this point in post #111.

Didn't seem to affect anything.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-11-2013, 09:22 AM
(21-11-2013 09:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:12 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Sorry but I get bored sometimes.Tongue

"Proof" doesn't actually exist outside of mathematics. And when we get bored without a convenient theist to chew on, we turn on each other with reckless abandon. We're a "family" like that. Angel

I lost my flavor, huh?

21-11-2013, 09:24 AM
(21-11-2013 09:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

LOL Hey I like theists as chew toys as much as the rest of you. It's just when conversations remain on who can prove what (or not) any other questions which might be interesting seem to die on the vine.
or
I'm just being a brat which is entirely possible.Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-11-2013, 09:27 AM
(21-11-2013 09:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Proof" doesn't actually exist outside of mathematics. And when we get bored without a convenient theist to chew on, we turn on each other with reckless abandon. We're a "family" like that. Angel

I lost my flavor, huh?

Yeah, you're ABCTheist. Big Grin

But I don't have much objection to your theology. You've thought it out, you're invested, you're the opposite of a douchebag... so, yeah. Boring. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-11-2013, 09:30 AM
(21-11-2013 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:12 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So - question:

just sayin..............

I already made this point in post #111.

So...... reading through the thread I see you're a theist. Can I ask why? Why do you believe in something you cannot prove? Do you chalk that up to a "feeling"? Or how you were raised? Or that it's just math........more believers than non-believers? Or some miracle you've witnessed, etc ?

You've like a zillion stars under your name so you've been here what - forever? If you deem I should just read the site and gather those answers for myself instead of repeating yourself I completely understand you telling me to F-off. LOL

But......... I was thinking a simple answer to a simple question:
Why do you believe?
might just allow us to skip a lot of back-&-forth into nothingness.

21-11-2013, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 09:43 AM by kingschosen.)
(21-11-2013 09:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I already made this point in post #111.

So...... reading through the thread I see you're a theist. Can I ask why? Why do you believe in something you cannot prove? Do you chalk that up to a "feeling"? Or how you were raised? Or that it's just math........more believers than non-believers? Or some miracle you've witnessed, etc ?

You've like a zillion stars under your name so you've been here what - forever? If you deem I should just read the site and gather those answers for myself instead of repeating yourself I completely understand you telling me to F-off. LOL

But......... I was thinking a simple answer to a simple question:
Why do you believe?
might just allow us to skip a lot of back-&-forth into nothingness.

You are a breath of fresh air in this topic.

See? This is how you engage in a conversation.

Anyway, I've answered most questions here, but I know that's a lot to read so I'll oblige.

I was changed suddenly. Against my will. I had a "Damascus Road Experience".

My experience has been mostly discredited by several members here, but to me, it's as real as my hand. I can't shake it. I can't get rid of it. I've questioned it... doubted it... but ultimately, I come back to the same conclusion.

Is there a chance that it's a complete delusion? Absolutely. I'm not discrediting that, as it's a viable explanation; however, there is also an equal chance that it's 100% authentic. in my mind, and through my personal experiences, the evidence I see leads me to believing in its authenticity.

And, this evidence is not provable to anyone else but myself... that is why I don't try to prove it to anyone else because it is my personal anecdote, and I can't rationally expect people to believe it hook, line, and sinker.

So, I just be "me". I interact with people normally, and if it comes up, it comes up, if not; oh well.

[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
21-11-2013, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 09:55 AM by WitchSabrina.)
(21-11-2013 09:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  [snip]

I was changed suddenly. Against my will. I had a "Damascus Road Experience".

My experience has been mostly discredited by several members here, but to me, it's as real as my hand. I can't shake it. I can't get rid of it. I've questioned it... doubted it... but ultimately, I come back to the same conclusion.

Is there a chance that it's a complete delusion? Absolutely. I'm discrediting that, as it's a viable explanation; however, there is also an equal chance that it's 100% authentic. in my mind, and through my personal experiences, the evidence I see leads me to believing in its authenticity.

And, this evidence is not provable to anyone else but myself... that is why I don't try to prove it to anyone else because it is my personal anecdote, and I can't rationally expect people to believe it hook, line, and sinker.

So, I just be "me". I interact with people normally, and if it comes up, it comes up, if not; oh well.

Well, even though I do Very often give diehard Christians a hard time (cause I think they are arrogant) I can very much sympathize with your position for I've had much the same when it comes to magic and the unexplained.
I think it has a lot to do with what you are *prepared* to see, think or feel quite frankly and have openly admitted for several years now that much about magic (or even Godly experiences) happen within the human mind.

I just don't think we are aware quite yet of what the human mind is capable of and for some of us that can just leave us unprepared to deal with our experiences; much as we'd prefer hard evidence instead.

I do not say that your experiences aren't real - same as I cannot deny my own experiences as real. But *real* to ME or *real* to you? See.........that's the problem. I also don't debate it when someone says I am delusional..........because to them I *am*. It is what it is. And we muddle through. My own problem with Christians is the arrogance that I must believe and do as they do because they cannot know what is right for me. And I've found zero argument or information to put me wrong.

[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post