Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(21-11-2013 09:48 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  [snip]

I was changed suddenly. Against my will. I had a "Damascus Road Experience".

My experience has been mostly discredited by several members here, but to me, it's as real as my hand. I can't shake it. I can't get rid of it. I've questioned it... doubted it... but ultimately, I come back to the same conclusion.

Is there a chance that it's a complete delusion? Absolutely. I'm discrediting that, as it's a viable explanation; however, there is also an equal chance that it's 100% authentic. in my mind, and through my personal experiences, the evidence I see leads me to believing in its authenticity.

And, this evidence is not provable to anyone else but myself... that is why I don't try to prove it to anyone else because it is my personal anecdote, and I can't rationally expect people to believe it hook, line, and sinker.

So, I just be "me". I interact with people normally, and if it comes up, it comes up, if not; oh well.

Well, even though I do Very often give diehard Christians a hard time (cause I think they are arrogant) I can very much sympathize with your position for I've had much the same when it comes to magic and the unexplained.
I think it has a lot to do with what you are *prepared* to see, think or feel quite frankly and have openly admitted for several years now that much about magic (or even Godly experiences) happen within the human mind.

I just don't think we are aware quite yet of what the human mind is capable of and for some of us that can just leave us unprepared to deal with our experiences; much as we'd prefer hard evidence instead.

I do not say that your experiences aren't real - same as I cannot deny my own experiences as real. But *real* to ME or *real* to you? See.........that's the problem. I also don't debate it when someone says I am delusional..........because to they I *am*. It is what it is. And we muddle through. My own problem with Christians is the arrogance that I must believe and do as they do because they cannot know what is right for me. And I've found zero argument or information to put me wrong.

You won't hear any preaching from me. I'm not called to be a preacher.

I'm also not going to tell you that you *have* to do anything. Personally, I don't care what you do. Not my concern. I can't save anyone because that's not my job.

All of this makes for (usually) peaceful conversations and interactions with all varieties of people.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
21-11-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(21-11-2013 09:48 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  [snip]

I was changed suddenly. Against my will. I had a "Damascus Road Experience".

Well, even though I do Very often give diehard Christians a hard time (cause I think they are arrogant) I can very much sympathize with your position for I've had much the same when it comes to magic and the unexplained.

There we go. Three witches in a row. Thumbsup

Still doesn't make Gwyneth Paltrow god. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 10:01 AM
(21-11-2013 09:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:48 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Well, even though I do Very often give diehard Christians a hard time (cause I think they are arrogant) I can very much sympathize with your position for I've had much the same when it comes to magic and the unexplained.

There we go. Three witches in a row. Thumbsup

Yanno - 3 (three) is a damn fine number. (don't make me explain that) and in my way of thinking - Gwyneth Paltrow would make The Very Best of Gods! Straight up Good Fucking Idea! Who suggested Gwyneth (I missed it) and did anyone ask her yet if she wanted the job?? lol I'd wager she'd laugh and turn you down - flat. LOL She seems smart to me.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-11-2013, 10:03 AM
(21-11-2013 10:01 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There we go. Three witches in a row. Thumbsup

Yanno - 3 (three) is a damn fine number. (don't make me explain that) and in my way of thinking - Gwyneth Paltrow would make The Very Best of Gods! Straight up Good Fucking Idea! Who suggested Gwyneth (I missed it) and did anyone ask her yet if she wanted the job?? lol I'd wager she'd laugh and turn you down - flat. LOL She seems smart to me.

Who wants to field this one?

Anyone up for explaining HoC and Gwynnies?

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
21-11-2013, 10:03 AM
(21-11-2013 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:48 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Well, even though I do Very often give diehard Christians a hard time (cause I think they are arrogant) I can very much sympathize with your position for I've had much the same when it comes to magic and the unexplained.
I think it has a lot to do with what you are *prepared* to see, think or feel quite frankly and have openly admitted for several years now that much about magic (or even Godly experiences) happen within the human mind.

I just don't think we are aware quite yet of what the human mind is capable of and for some of us that can just leave us unprepared to deal with our experiences; much as we'd prefer hard evidence instead.

I do not say that your experiences aren't real - same as I cannot deny my own experiences as real. But *real* to ME or *real* to you? See.........that's the problem. I also don't debate it when someone says I am delusional..........because to they I *am*. It is what it is. And we muddle through. My own problem with Christians is the arrogance that I must believe and do as they do because they cannot know what is right for me. And I've found zero argument or information to put me wrong.

I'm also not going to tell you that you *have* to do anything. Personally, I don't care what you do. Not my concern. I can't save anyone because that's not my job.

All of this makes for (usually) peaceful conversations and interactions with all varieties of people.

Did you mean to type you might preach but haven't yet been called?
21-11-2013, 10:04 AM
(21-11-2013 10:01 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There we go. Three witches in a row. Thumbsup

[Image: i-love-you-books.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 10:04 AM
(21-11-2013 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Do you think people are *called* to be preachers? Cause I think this all happens inside our own heads anyway. That *calling* could just be ego or a need to be special somehow - elevate oneself above others (??) But......... who's to say they didn't have some life-altering experience they cannot explain?
All comes down to humility in my book. That's my character dial and measure.

21-11-2013, 10:07 AM
(21-11-2013 10:03 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You won't hear any preaching from me. I'm not called to be a preacher.

Did you mean to type you might preach but haven't yet been called?

Nope. Not a preacher. In any way, shape, or form. God gives me my desires and that desire is no where in me.

21-11-2013, 10:08 AM
(21-11-2013 10:04 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You won't hear any preaching from me. I'm not called to be a preacher.

Do you think people are *called* to be preachers? Cause I think this all happens inside our own heads anyway. That *calling* could just be ego or a need to be special somehow - elevate oneself above others (??) But......... who's to say they didn't have some life-altering experience they cannot explain?
All comes down to humility in my book. That's my character dial and measure.

I do believe people are called to preach. My brother is a preacher, and it's evident that is what he's supposed to do.

21-11-2013, 10:11 AM
(21-11-2013 10:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:01 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yanno - 3 (three) is a damn fine number. (don't make me explain that) and in my way of thinking - Gwyneth Paltrow would make The Very Best of Gods! Straight up Good Fucking Idea! Who suggested Gwyneth (I missed it) and did anyone ask her yet if she wanted the job?? lol I'd wager she'd laugh and turn you down - flat. LOL She seems smart to me.

Who wants to field this one?

Anyone up for explaining HoC and Gwynnies?

I'm sorry - I am So new here. I should just read thru the site more before I respond and toss in questions. Having newbies can be hard. No one likes repeating themselves over and over and sites get to be like family after awhile. Been there. Done that.

As far as Gwyneth is concerned........... anyone who can have that many consonants in their name AND date Iron Man gets good stars in my book.

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post