Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(21-11-2013 10:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:03 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Did you mean to type you might preach but haven't yet been called?

Nope. Not a preacher. In any way, shape, or form. God gives me my desires and that desire is no where in me.

"God gives me my desires..."
So you chalk Everything up to God-Inspired or motivated? Nothing generates from your own imputes at all?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-11-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(21-11-2013 10:11 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I should just read thru the site more before I respond and toss in questions. Having newbies can be hard. No one likes repeating themselves over and over and sites get to be like family after awhile. Been there. Done that.

As far as Gwyneth is concerned........... anyone who can have that many consonants in their name AND date Iron Man gets good stars in my book.

I like talking about my Gwynnies over and over. Heart

Everybody else, not so much. Big Grin

Short story is I drew her thirteen years ago, somehow fell in love with her, drew her morez... and now she is my sweet everything. The End. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-11-2013, 10:18 AM
(21-11-2013 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Personally, I don't care what you do. Not my concern. I can't save anyone because that's not my job.

It's interesting that you say you don't care, yet you are here. I also find it interesting because when I was a Christian, we were taught it was our "job" to care about people's eternities. I mean, those poor unsaved people are going to everlasting torture.

Yet another component that really scares me about Christianity. Even though its core purpose is to "lead people to the Lord", the majority of Christians don't give it a second though and focus on themselves anyway. "Yay I'm going to heaven. Too bad for the rest of you." Smile Instead, they go on forums and troll them.
21-11-2013, 10:20 AM
(21-11-2013 10:13 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nope. Not a preacher. In any way, shape, or form. God gives me my desires and that desire is no where in me.

"God gives me my desires..."
So you chalk Everything up to God-Inspired or motivated? Nothing generates from your own imputes at all?

Yep.

God is completely omnipotent and controls every bit of everything including the smallest bit of minutia.

If you haven't seen this flavor of Christianity before, it's called Calvinism. We believe God predestines everything - including salvation and damnation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-11-2013, 10:22 AM
(21-11-2013 10:17 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I like talking about my Gwynnies over and over. Heart

Everybody else, not so much. Big Grin

Short story is I drew her thirteen years ago, somehow fell in love with her, drew her morez... and now she is my sweet everything. The End. Wink

Got it. Well you can count me on your team that Gwyneth should be God. (but I still say she will turn down the job- just FYI). Hell, I still think those scenes of that certain flap in the Iron Man suit were 100% her idea even IF they DID wind up on the editing floor cause America is toooooo Xtian to deal with THAT bit of reality.... lol.... cause what woman in her right mind wouldn't like to secretly decide across a candle-lit dinner table ......... "hmmm.... suit or no suit tonight?...."
just sayin...........

21-11-2013, 10:24 AM
(21-11-2013 10:18 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Personally, I don't care what you do. Not my concern. I can't save anyone because that's not my job.

It's interesting that you say you don't care, yet you are here. I also find it interesting because when I was a Christian, we were taught it was our "job" to care about people's eternities. I mean, those poor unsaved people are going to everlasting torture.

Yet another component that really scares me about Christianity. Even though its core purpose is to "lead people to the Lord", the majority of Christians don't give it a second though and focus on themselves anyway. "Yay I'm going to heaven. Too bad for the rest of you." Smile Instead, they go on forums and troll them.

What anyone does is of no concern of mine because I can't affect the outcome. I believe God controls all. I also believe that God can use anything for a "regeneration" (term used in Calvinism which is pretty much like being "saved").

It doesn't necessarily have to be traditional "preaching" - as that tends to turn people off. Jesus interacted with people. He didn't cram stuff down people's throats. That's all I'm doing. Just interacting. If God plans a regeneration because of that, so be it, if not, then that's out of my control and I can't do anything about it.

21-11-2013, 10:33 AM
(21-11-2013 10:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:13 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  "God gives me my desires..."

Yep.

God is completely omnipotent and controls every bit of everything including the smallest bit of minutia.

If you haven't seen this flavor of Christianity before, it's called Calvinism. We believe God predestines everything - including salvation and damnation.

I'll just mull all that over in my noggin awhile........... cause at first bite it smacks me around a tad. So............. I'll be back later. Got some painting to do but I'll chew on some Calvinism while I paint and will likely come back tomorrow am with some questions.

21-11-2013, 10:34 AM
(21-11-2013 10:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:18 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  It's interesting that you say you don't care, yet you are here. I also find it interesting because when I was a Christian, we were taught it was our "job" to care about people's eternities. I mean, those poor unsaved people are going to everlasting torture.

What anyone does is of no concern of mine because I can't affect the outcome. I believe God controls all. I also believe that God can use anything for a "regeneration" (term used in Calvinism which is pretty much like being "saved").

It doesn't necessarily have to be traditional "preaching" - as that tends to turn people off. Jesus interacted with people. He didn't cram stuff down people's throats. That's all I'm doing. Just interacting. If God plans a regeneration because of that, so be it, if not, then that's out of my control and I can't do anything about it.

Okay. Big Grin
21-11-2013, 10:34 AM
(21-11-2013 10:33 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yep.

I'll just mull all that over in my noggin awhile........... cause at first bite it smacks me around a tad. So............. I'll be back later. Got some painting to do but I'll chew on some Calvinism while I paint and will likely come back tomorrow am with some questions.

I look forward to it.

21-11-2013, 10:37 AM
(21-11-2013 10:18 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  

Personally, I care what you do.

I can't save anyone because your salvation is your choice. I'd like to see you trust Jesus for salvation.