Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(21-11-2013 11:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm not accusing them of anything. If there are 'millions of people' having these experiences and they all fail to meet their burden of proof, I am simply under no obligation to take what they say as factual. Without evidence, their claims fail and have no weight behind them; they are simply vacuous. I believe that they believe in the experience, but that's not good enough to convince a skeptical neutral observer. The only pathological liar here is the one I'm currently replying to. Drinking Beverage

So well said it hurts!! Well done you. Minus any decent sort of proof people should not expect others to accept their ways of belief. Like ever.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
22-11-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(21-11-2013 10:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I look forward to it.

Did a brush-up on Calvinism. Been quite awhile since I studied various religions.

One this is particularly troubling -- the pre-ordained part where some are destined for heaven and some destined for hell. (I believe in neither.... I toy with the notion of reincarnation if anything) Does it not bother you to worship a God who decides a human will go to hell with zero chance of redemption - no matter what sort of exemplary life that person might lead? Cause - no offense - but that's just shitty. No wonder the early Baptists split off from you guys. *grin*

And - since we're talking just mere mortals here and all -- doesn't it worry you that some of your rules *could* be wrong? How does a Calvinist pretend to know the mind of God?

22-11-2013, 06:50 AM
(22-11-2013 06:40 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I look forward to it.
One this is particularly troubling -- the pre-ordained part where some are destined for heaven and some destined for hell. (I believe in neither.... I toy with the notion of reincarnation if anything) Does it not bother you to worship a God who decides a human will go to hell with zero chance of redemption - no matter what sort of exemplary life that person might lead?

Imagine if you built an entire religion around this precept...

[Image: 1f2.gif]

It's basically 'Jesus take the wheel' for the entirety of existence, God/Jesus is in control of everything and it's all predestined. Or I could be entirely wrong. Regardless, the GIF was too funny not to post... Tongue

I kid because I care KC, love ya' man. Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-11-2013, 07:07 AM
(22-11-2013 06:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Imagine if you built an entire religion around this precept...

[Image: 1f2.gif]

It's basically 'Jesus take the wheel' for the entirety of existence, God/Jesus is in control of everything and it's all predestined. Or I could be entirely wrong. Regardless, the GIF was too funny not to post... Tongue

I kid because I care KC, love ya' man. Thumbsup

LaughatYesThumbsupBowing

that's so wrong............soooo wrong.......it's perfect!
How can something be So wrong and So perfect at the same time? I must be preordained with insane amounts of sarcasm and vitriol. But I should thank God for I truly enjoy this existence. Hell flames here I come! Evil_monster

22-11-2013, 07:41 AM
(22-11-2013 12:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 10:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nothing is impossible.

But, under the confines of omniscience, this becomes somewhat of a tricky subject... granted, using the term "confines" to explain something with no limits is a bit hollow, but I think you get what I'm trying to say.

God can change His mind, but He already knew what His decision was going to be; therefore, His decision will always be the decision He originally decided regardless if He changed it or not due to omniscience.

But can god change his mind on something so as to defy his plan? He is supposed to be all-powerful after all.

God-Rock Paradox.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Nah, it's all good Sabrina and EK.

I get how arrogant and exclusive Calvinism is. But, I take the queue from the Bible, God has His favorites; likewise, the Bible spells out election.

Even if I don't think it's "fair" or "just", it doesn't mean much because my knowledge and understanding are limited. God's is infinite. In that, it makes Him a worthy judge and a worthy pre-determiner.

22-11-2013, 07:49 AM
(22-11-2013 07:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 12:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But can god change his mind on something so as to defy his plan? He is supposed to be all-powerful after all.

God-Rock Paradox.

Oh, and do you want me to go into this?

-_-

not the freakin' GRP again, please? Anything but this.

22-11-2013, 07:51 AM
(22-11-2013 07:47 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nah, it's all good Sabrina and EK.

I get how arrogant and exclusive Calvinism is. But, I take the queue from the Bible, God has His favorites; likewise, the Bible spells out election.

Even if I don't think it's "fair" or "just", it doesn't mean much because my knowledge and understanding are limited. God's is infinite. In that, it makes Him a worthy judge and a worthy pre-determiner.

So you are truly ok with believing in something that's quite possibly incredibly unjust? Did God not also gift you with awareness and the ability to educate and therefore judge good from bad? See - those things just don't jive in my head (which is why I left Christianity years ago)
How do you blindly follow - well, anything? What if your God preordained for me to burn in hell? You're ok with that? Dude...........

22-11-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 08:18 AM by houseofcantor.)
(22-11-2013 07:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 07:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  God-Rock Paradox.

Oh, and do you want me to go into this?

-_-

not the freakin' GRP again, please? Anything but this.

Where we hit you with a rock and you pray to god? Tongue

I like that game! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-11-2013, 07:59 AM
My issue with that whole Calvinism thing is that it makes everything pointless. We are just characters in some play that runs according to script. No point trying to change anything in one's life. No responsibility for anything. Everything one does is totally pointless.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post