Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(22-11-2013 08:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 08:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, none of it matters in the end. Whether I am Mother Teresa or the devil himself, I am going to hell, and that would be the vast majority of my existence. So, why not just be a selfish bitch and enjoy what I can while I can?

I don't know that.

And you don't believe in hell.

So, that shouldn't be a factor in your choices.

You are right, it isn't. I was just trying to imagine being a Calvinist.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 09:02 AM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(22-11-2013 08:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 08:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know that.

But again, I have no idea, nor do I have any pre-conceived ideas about who is going to hell and who is going to heaven.

I can't control that. Like I said, anyone can have a regeneration at any time... whether it happens early in life or 3 seconds before they die.

I don't know who is "saved". So, I just interact with people the best I know how.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-11-2013, 09:03 AM
(22-11-2013 08:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 08:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know that.

I read and re-read up on Calvinist this morning because sadly I just did not remember my history of religions and sects. But I'd sure have issue with my life being preordained. I mean............. why bother....... erm........ with anything? Can I just sit in my jammies and eat potato chips and never take a shower, read a book, help my fellow man or do good deeds of any sort? That just sucks.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
22-11-2013, 09:05 AM
(22-11-2013 09:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 08:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  You are right, it isn't. I was just trying to imagine being a Calvinist.

I read and re-read up on Calvinist this morning because sadly I just did not remember my history of religions and sects. But I'd sure have issue with my life being preordained. I mean............. why bother....... erm........ with anything? Can I just sit in my jammies and eat potato chips and never take a shower, read a book, help my fellow man or do good deeds of any sort? That just sucks.

See what I said about desires a few posts up.

22-11-2013, 09:10 AM
(22-11-2013 09:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I read and re-read up on Calvinist this morning because sadly I just did not remember my history of religions and sects. But I'd sure have issue with my life being preordained. I mean............. why bother....... erm........ with anything? Can I just sit in my jammies and eat potato chips and never take a shower, read a book, help my fellow man or do good deeds of any sort? That just sucks.

See what I said about desires a few posts up.

Yes I keep reading the statements you make aka "God gives you your desires". And while I'd like to understand- those "desire" statements just keep bouncing along the sides of my head like a pinball machine.... but there's no bells yet.

22-11-2013, 09:17 AM
(22-11-2013 09:10 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  See what I said about desires a few posts up.

Yes I keep reading the statements you make aka "God gives you your desires". And while I'd like to understand- those "desire" statements just keep bouncing along the sides of my head like a pinball machine.... but there's no bells yet.

Fair enough.

What is not clicking?

22-11-2013, 09:20 AM
(22-11-2013 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:10 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yes I keep reading the statements you make aka "God gives you your desires". And while I'd like to understand- those "desire" statements just keep bouncing along the sides of my head like a pinball machine.... but there's no bells yet.

Fair enough.

What is not clicking?

I need to rethink and ponder my questions more accurately otherwise I'll just ramble and eat up thread space. Time for me to paint............I'll be back tomorrow am hopefully with some intelligent questions lol.

22-11-2013, 09:21 AM
(22-11-2013 09:20 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fair enough.

What is not clicking?

I need to rethink and ponder my questions more accurately otherwise I'll just ramble and eat up thread space. Time for me to paint............I'll be back tomorrow am hopefully with some intelligent questions lol.

I'll be here waiting Smile

Thanks for the exchange.

22-11-2013, 09:29 AM
What I find strange about Calvinism is that every Calvinist I've talked to believes that he is one of the 'chosen ones'. Consider

On a separate note, Jeremy, I think you should replace the word "I" with "God" in your future posts. I've done it in my head and the results are priceless. [Image: 3xNuwIr.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
22-11-2013, 09:32 AM
(22-11-2013 09:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What I find strange about Calvinism is that every Calvinist I've talked to believes that he is one of the 'chosen ones'. Consider

On a separate note, Jeremy, I think you should replace the word "I" with "God" in your future posts. I've done it in my head and the results are priceless. [Image: 3xNuwIr.gif]

God think God might just do that.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post