Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
(22-11-2013 10:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I should have noted that it was in regards to Christian MYTHOLOGY.

fixed that for ya!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-11-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Don't Theists ever think about how insanely out of proportion their beliefs are?
Hey Taq, this thing-[Image: image_zps47bc6029.jpg]-is the multiquote button, and Dom is an atheist. Kthxbye. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-11-2013, 08:23 PM
(22-11-2013 05:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 07:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  God-Rock Paradox.

C'mon, KC. You know that's not an answer; yes I was aiming at that Paradox, but the paradox is the only conclusion one can draw from the two traits of omniscience and omnipotence; that they are inter-contradictory traits and I wanted to see how you solved the problem.

He'll dodge that 'til the end of the sun goes supernova. He CAN'T NOT dodge it, otherwise his whole facade comes tumbling down.

22-11-2013, 08:28 PM
(22-11-2013 08:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey Taq, this thing-[Image: image_zps47bc6029.jpg]-is the multiquote button, and Dom is an atheist. Kthxbye. Big Grin

Thanks, I see that I wasn't clear that I was chiming in with Dom and directing my comment toward KC.

kthxbye. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-11-2013, 07:30 AM
(22-11-2013 08:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I read and re-read up on Calvinist this morning because sadly I just did not remember my history of religions and sects. But I'd sure have issue with my life being preordained. I mean............. why bother....... erm........ with anything? Can I just sit in my jammies and eat potato chips and never take a shower, read a book, help my fellow man or do good deeds of any sort? That just sucks.

LOL keep in mind that Fred Phelps is a Calvinist.

[Image: 9cae8d0f.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
30-11-2013, 11:13 PM
(22-11-2013 10:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because omnipotence is a defining characteristic of what makes God a God.

I love the "logic" here. "I CAN'T admit that you have destroyed my claim, because then my claim....would be....DESTROYED!"

Quote: Take away His omnipotence, and he's just a boss at the end of a level...

"Imaginary". An *Imaginary* "boss".

Quote:It removes His perfection which would remove the right to be considered 'God".

Welcome to Cognitive Dissonance. Now that your House of Cards has fallen, what are you going to do with this information?