Don't Vote - Pray

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Don't Vote - Pray
I ran across this image while looking for something else but couldn't help thinking we'd be better off if more believers took this seriously.

Instead of voting to make gay marriage illegal or voting against making it legal, stay home and pray.

Instead of voting against against women being allowed to make decisions regarding their own bodies, stay home and pray.

Instead of voting against stem cell research, stay home and pray.

etc.

Imagine how much we could accomplish if instead of taking God into the voting booth and applying iron age superstition to modern issues they just prayed instead.

[Image: dont-vote-pray.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
03-01-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: Don't Vote - Pray
(03-01-2015 01:38 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I ran across this image while looking for something else but couldn't help thinking we'd be better off if more believers took this seriously.

Instead of voting to make gay marriage illegal or voting against making it legal, stay home and pray.

Instead of voting against against women being allowed to make decisions regarding their own bodies, stay home and pray.

etc.

Imagine how much we could accomplish if instead of taking God into the voting booth and applying iron age superstition to modern issues they just prayed instead.

Wouldn't it just...ah, but to dream.... Big Grin

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
03-01-2015, 02:02 PM
(03-01-2015 01:38 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Imagine how much we could accomplish if instead of taking God into the voting booth and applying iron age superstition to modern issues they just prayed instead.

You think it'd be easy for them to find at least 2 Christians that agree on any of the issues...

Matthew 18:19
Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven

Whoops, wrong again.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
03-01-2015, 02:17 PM
(03-01-2015 01:38 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I ran across this image while looking for something else but couldn't help thinking we'd be better off if more believers took this seriously.

etc.

I fully support this message; the religious folk can stay at home and pray while everybody else can vote.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
03-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Re: Don't Vote - Pray
Wondering about what they'd say if they all did this...

When laws were enacted and dropped without consulting clergy and fundies... Their cognitive dissonance and apologetics would go into major overdrive.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
03-01-2015, 06:42 PM
I think that aproach could potentialy drive those people so nuts with the "imorality" surrounding them, that it merely drives them into suicide boming and all that shit.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
03-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Too bad if your a candidate with the surname "Pray"

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
06-01-2015, 12:28 PM
I like how the first thing that picture says is "Man cannot subvert God's plan", and then it ends by telling you to ask God to do something.

I mean, what the fuck. Usually they try a little harder to hide the contradictions and double speak than that. It's generally frowned upon to put contradictory statements back to back like that. You're supposed to leave enough space between the two so that people forget.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Consider

if only it had a good marketing plan....must find way to sell it to the GOP.

there's got to be a way. Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
06-01-2015, 12:43 PM
(06-01-2015 12:34 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Consider

if only it had a good marketing plan....must find way to sell it to the GOP.

there's got to be a way. Consider

We just need to get Bill O'Reilly on board and let the Fox "News" machine go to work.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post