Don't be silly, it wasn't god. Aliens did it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Bug Don't be silly, it wasn't god. Aliens did it.
I know someone that believes earth was seeded with life by aliens. I have a little chat going on with this person on Facebook, I attached a photo of the conversation. Their apparent proof of this is the show 'Ancient Aliens'. One thing in piticular that this person says is that the big bang theory doesn't explain animals and dinosaurs. (Face-palm)

In the image, I am D, and the individual I was talking about is T. Not that I needed to tell you all that though, you would have caught on quickly.

Can you all see the attachment? Doesn't seem to be working for me, but then again neither do some other pictures in the forum.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
13-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Re: Don't be silly, it wasn't god. Aliens did it.
Oh I see it... Just open your mind past reason and evidence like him.. Gosh!

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
13-02-2013, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 05:52 PM by Vosur.)
RE: Don't be silly, it wasn't god. Aliens did it.
And this is precisely why I am never going to use Facebook. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-02-2013, 05:50 PM
He is correct the big bang theory doesn't explain anything other than the expansion of the universe.

Abiogenesis explains how life could've started on this planet

Evolution explains how life diversified after it was started, and how one species given enough time can become several others.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
13-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah he ( is it a he?) seems to misunderstand what a theory is as you noted. My question to him would be, if an alien civilization ( or subset of a civilization) came to earth. Why invest time in building a limestone and clay structure when the materials at their disposal would be so much more advanced?

Also

#mce_temp_url#

I admit that I'm not sure if it would work but I had to try.

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
13-02-2013, 05:58 PM
The whole aliens seeded life thing is a alternative explanation to why there is life on Earth, an explanation that fails at explaining the source of life. If aliens did in fact seed Earth with life, then where did those aliens come from? These aliens would have had to have been the result of a long evolutionary process that occurred on their own planet. So then if life arose on their planet from inanimate matter, which then evolved through the process of natural selection, then why could it not happen on Earth as well?

These kinds of beliefs drive me crazy, this is believing in something because you like the belief. People that believe this tend not to think about the implications of the belief, just that the belief would be awesome if it were true, and so they appear to assume that it is true.

[+] 3 users Like Adenosis's post
13-02-2013, 06:03 PM
(13-02-2013 05:50 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  He is correct the big bang theory doesn't explain anything other than the expansion of the universe.

Abiogenesis explains how life could've started on this planet

Evolution explains how life diversified after it was started, and how one species given enough time can become several others.
In other words even if aliens seeded life, the aliens themselves would have come from the processes of evolution and had their own abiogenesis event.

They are subject to the same theorys, and therefore if aliens "did it" then the goal post would simply be moved to how it happened on their world.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
13-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Considering the question is "aliens seeding earth with life" I would say that the question" where did the aliens come from" is completely irrelevant.

No it wouldn't explain where life came from, but it would explain where life on earth came from.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
13-02-2013, 07:42 PM
(13-02-2013 07:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Considering the question is "aliens seeding earth with life" I would say that the question" where did the aliens come from" is completely irrelevant.

No it wouldn't explain where life came from, but it would explain where life on earth came from.

The relevance is in regards to evolution, this person believes all species are not related, but separate experiments with genes by aliens. They must be great at what they do, designing species so well suited to their environments... The aliens seeding life on earth scenario pictured here argues against evolution. So obviously I attempt to lead them to the realization that at some point in the past some natural process had to result in the formation of life from non-life, then the evolution of that life into complex and intelligent life forms.

Which leaves us no closer to an understanding of where life originated than having no explanation of where life began on earth at all.

14-02-2013, 06:23 AM
(13-02-2013 07:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Considering the question is "aliens seeding earth with life" I would say that the question" where did the aliens come from" is completely irrelevant.

And that explanation is as good as the Bible's explanation.

No explanation whatever.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is your opinion about aliens? Simone 186 10,369 Today 04:28 AM
Last Post: kiwihogfiend
  Ancient Aliens Shadow Fox 10 158 25-07-2014 11:43 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Evidence that we have been invaded by green aliens from outer space Bows and Arrows 14 290 09-07-2014 11:05 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Aliens !, what would embarrass you the most sporehux 55 1,811 07-12-2013 05:24 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked ghostexorcist 46 4,349 01-11-2013 10:13 AM
Last Post: Skeptic Gamer
  Actually aliens saved me. BlackMason 28 1,122 22-10-2013 08:46 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Fbi with Aliens, and claimed UFO image. Adenosis 13 556 18-10-2013 05:16 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos