Don't click if you hate spiders.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Don't click if you hate spiders.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/tho...58059.html

I'd quote the article but there are a bunch of pics.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: Don't click if you hate spiders.
I've never understood the fear of spiders. I love spiders. I have had a pet tarantula for over 20 years now. Really, in the US, there is no reason to be scared of spiders as there are only two (black widow and brown recluse) that can actually hurt you.

Spiders are awesome animals and nature's pest control.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM
(07-03-2012 02:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've never understood the fear of spider. I love spiders. I have had a pet tarantula for over 20 years now. Really, in the US, there is no reason to be scared of spiders as there are only two (black widow and brown recluse) that can actually hurt you.

Spiders are awesome animals and nature's pest control.

I have to stop my wife from killing the house spiders. I like having them around because they keep mosquitos out of the apartment.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I've killed somewhere between 50 and 100 black widows around my house since we built it 3 years ago.

I hate spiders. Particularly black widows. Angry

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
08-03-2012, 03:54 AM
I love spiders, but I don't like them crawling in my skin, it makes me tickle Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Im arachnophobic, but I couldn't help clicking the link...I was fine till that last picture -_-
08-03-2012, 06:25 AM
(08-03-2012 05:50 AM)hollowpointm16 Wrote:  Im arachnophobic, but I couldn't help clicking the link...I was fine till that last picture -_-

but that's the best one! imagine you could train them, they'd bee your little minions and transport you everywhere like slaves carrying you on a chair Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-03-2012, 08:28 AM
The pictures of just the webs covering the ground are actually kinda beautiful. And those pics with a single spider in the center of a web, or standing on its edges aren't bad.
The ones with dozens and dozens of spiders crawling all over the webs..... no thanks.

[Image: ae1n9c.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
08-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Gorwing up I was afraid of spiders, mainly because I saw other people were afraid of spiders. The fear soon wore off as I saw that the creature is actually quite beautiful if you take time to appreciate it. I am especially fond of pink toed and rose hair tarantulas. Like Kingchosen said there arent many spiders to actually fear in the US, and for that we can be greatful because as much as I like looking at spiders I would not want to encounter some of the forms found in Brazil or some such
08-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Spiders are evil!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.