Don't know why I bother sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2015, 07:44 AM
Don't know why I bother sometimes
So, it seems like I have aged 10 years this year. This has been the worse year healthwise of my life. Now, first I must say, in proper perspective, I am having an amazing year...I don't have a terminal disease, I don't have cancer, nothing on that level, so people who are, or have gone through something dire like that, I in no way have any right to complain about little shit.....but it really is beginning to piss me off.

I have always ate healthy, never smoked, rarely ever have a drink, maybe like 3 a year, take supplements, dont drink soda blah blah blah and workout. But for some reason I have been on a train of nonstop issues this year....injured my knee working out, injured my sacroiliac joint twice (didnt even know I had one), right shoulder 4 times (rotator cuff issues) but these things are par for the course. I work out like a crazy man who is on the juice and 20 years old, not a 46 yo man who should be taking it easy and doing....*gag*...yoga. So I expect to hurt myself.....but then three months ago I woke up and my left foot was triple the normal size.....for no reason...no traumatic event just BAAM fat foot.

three months later and a battery of non stop testing, they have ruled out kidney issues (ha, more on that in a minute) gout, diabetes, blood clots, sprain etc etc...they finally did a full vascular ultrasound and said (with air quotes) "you MAY have a slight vascular issue in your foot/lower calf....here, wear this compression sock" Shocking That's it?....I am like...okkkkay this cant be the fix, wear a sock for life (which has lowered swelling maybe 25%) and my foot isnt really getting any better....then, just to spice shit up, now I have kidney stones....my back was aching thursday and friday but I dismissed it. I had a kidney stone like 25 years ago due to severe consistent dehydration and over supplementation...You never forget the pain.

Monday I go on leave for a week to go to Tennessee and close on my new home and spend thanksgiving with family...if this thing hits I wont be able to stand, drive, or anything else. So I am guzzling fluids like my life depends on it all weekend, peeing every 30 minutes. Water, pickle juice, blueberry juice, pomegranate juice, and an especially nasty concoction I read about online ...2 oz of extra virgin olive oil, 2 ozs of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, stir and drink quick....yum! At this point I would eat horse shit if I thought it would prevent this from happening. As an added bonus during all of this, they have been changing and experimenting with dif meds and doses for my insomnia...so I have been a walking zombie....no working out, not eating enough, no energy, no supplements...so I am down 16 lbs in the last 3 months...buh bye hard earned muscle....was nice knowing you....lost an inch in my arms...you know how long it takes to put an inch on your arms? I could just scream..........wooooo saaaaaah

Okay, I am done crying now, time to go gag down some olive oil Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 08:03 AM
RE: Don't know why I bother sometimes
(22-11-2015 07:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So, it seems like I have aged 10 years this year. This has been the worse year healthwise of my life. Now, first I must say, in proper perspective, I am having an amazing year...I don't have a terminal disease, I don't have cancer, nothing on that level, so people who are, or have gone through something dire like that, I in no way have any right to complain about little shit.....but it really is beginning to piss me off.

I have always ate healthy, never smoked, rarely ever have a drink, maybe like 3 a year, take supplements, dont drink soda blah blah blah and workout. But for some reason I have been on a train of nonstop issues this year....injured my knee working out, injured my sacroiliac joint twice (didnt even know I had one), right shoulder 4 times (rotator cuff issues) but these things are par for the course. I work out like a crazy man who is on the juice and 20 years old, not a 46 yo man who should be taking it easy and doing....*gag*...yoga. So I expect to hurt myself.....but then three months ago I woke up and my left foot was triple the normal size.....for no reason...no traumatic event just BAAM fat foot.

three months later and a battery of non stop testing, they have ruled out kidney issues (ha, more on that in a minute) gout, diabetes, blood clots, sprain etc etc...they finally did a full vascular ultrasound and said (with air quotes) "you MAY have a slight vascular issue in your foot/lower calf....here, wear this compression sock" Shocking That's it?....I am like...okkkkay this cant be the fix, wear a sock for life (which has lowered swelling maybe 25%) and my foot isnt really getting any better....then, just to spice shit up, now I have kidney stones....my back was aching thursday and friday but I dismissed it. I had a kidney stone like 25 years ago due to severe consistent dehydration and over supplementation...You never forget the pain.

Monday I go on leave for a week to go to Tennessee and close on my new home and spend thanksgiving with family...if this thing hits I wont be able to stand, drive, or anything else. So I am guzzling fluids like my life depends on it all weekend, peeing every 30 minutes. Water, pickle juice, blueberry juice, pomegranate juice, and an especially nasty concoction I read about online ...2 oz of extra virgin olive oil, 2 ozs of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, stir and drink quick....yum! At this point I would eat horse shit if I thought it would prevent this from happening. As an added bonus during all of this, they have been changing and experimenting with dif meds and doses for my insomnia...so I have been a walking zombie....no working out, not eating enough, no energy, no supplements...so I am down 16 lbs in the last 3 months...buh bye hard earned muscle....was nice knowing you....lost an inch in my arms...you know how long it takes to put an inch on your arms? I could just scream..........wooooo saaaaaah

You have my sincere sympathy on the kidney stone thing...they are AWFUL...even with the things I have been through over the last few years, nothing quite touches the agony that is a kidney stone or stones - unless it's one getting stuck. There is nothing like the feeling that your kidney is going to explode. Sadcryface

They are like tiny time bombs waiting to take you to your knees.

Hopefully, this too shall pass, as quickly as possible.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-11-2015, 08:12 AM
(22-11-2015 07:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So, it seems like I have aged 10 years this year. This has been the worse year healthwise of my life. Now, first I must say, in proper perspective, I am having an amazing year...I don't have a terminal disease, I don't have cancer, nothing on that level, so people who are, or have gone through something dire like that, I in no way have any right to complain about little shit.....but it really is beginning to piss me off.

Right around now, are trying to maintain muscle mass, or bulild it? If it's latter; don't do that. You look like Terry Crews, and Crews is in great shape. You're not working for this guy after all:
[Image: vince.jpg]

(you can get over in the WWE unless you're built like a tank about to burst)

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
22-11-2015, 08:18 AM
(22-11-2015 08:12 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

Right around now, are trying to maintain muscle mass, or bulild it? If it's latter; don't do that. You look like Terry Crews, and Crews is in great shape. You're not working for this guy after all:

been working my whole life to get to 200+ lbs, and this is the first time in years I have been down to 191 lbs, I look like shit when compared to just three months ago when I walked in the room people took notice...now I am just the skinny old guy. I was soooo close to 18 inch arms, and now they are down to 16.5....just enrages me...spent years getting to that level, and to waste away in three months is like why even bother... ack AngryAngryAngry

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
22-11-2015, 08:20 AM
(22-11-2015 08:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

You have my sincere sympathy on the kidney stone thing...they are AWFUL...even with the things I have been through over the last few years, nothing quite touches the agony that is a kidney stone or stones - unless it's one getting stuck. There is nothing like the feeling that your kidney is going to explode. Sadcryface

Thanks anj, I know, first world problems right? I have nothing to complain about in comparison to what you have gone through, but it still pisses me off.

22-11-2015, 08:22 AM
(22-11-2015 08:20 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 08:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You have my sincere sympathy on the kidney stone thing...they are AWFUL...even with the things I have been through over the last few years, nothing quite touches the agony that is a kidney stone or stones - unless it's one getting stuck. There is nothing like the feeling that your kidney is going to explode. Sadcryface

Thanks anj, I know, first world problems right? I have nothing to complain about in comparison to what you have gone through, but it still pisses me off.

Oh - I still consider kidney stones to be the most painful thing I have endured...and those little bastards have popped up off and on since the early 90s for me. They freakin' hurt like hell.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-11-2015, 08:27 AM
(22-11-2015 08:18 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 08:12 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Right around now, are trying to maintain muscle mass, or bulild it? If it's latter; don't do that. You look like Terry Crews, and Crews is in great shape. You're not working for this guy after all:

been working my whole life to get to 200+ lbs, and this is the first time in years I have been down to 191 lbs, I look like shit when compared to just three months ago when I walked in the room people took notice...now I am just the skinny old guy. I was soooo close to 18 inch arms, and now they are down to 16.5....just enrages me...spent years getting to that level, and to waste away in three months is like why even bother... ack AngryAngryAngry

Be proud of yourself; you built your body purely on your own initiative, and didn't take the highway with steriods or growth hormones. And if people took notice, it doesn't necessarily mean they laugh behind your back (if they did, they're a bunch of cunts and fuck em anyways). Me talking here probably looks like piss in the wind, considering how dissapointing this is for you. Just know that nobody on this forum who is worth something thinks less of you for it.

Just please consider if you should start rebuilding your body again; it might not be worth it if it causes more health troubles.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
22-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Don't over do it! You being a fitness buff should know your body well enough, but still right now I don't think you should fret over your lost body mass and instead just focus on dealing with those stones. One thing at a time Wink

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 2 users Like Aoi Magi's post
22-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Maybe start having a beer after you lift:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/150/2/187.short
[+] 1 user Likes shrumshrumman's post
22-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Sports injury can happen at any age if you push yourself to extremes. I used to be an avid runner and ran about 12-15 miles a day. I also went to the gym on top of that and would work out like a crazy person. As a result, I really hurt my knee, to the point where I could barely bend it without being in tears. That was when I was 25. I just pushed myself too hard and it was my body's way of saying "enough." That's when I started doing yoga. I know you said *gag* to yoga Wink and I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it completely made my knee pain go away and that was without surgery. I know several other people who practice yoga who have also improved or got rid off various aches and pains. As a former personal trainer, I can tell you yoga is a tough ass workout. It's not just laying on a mat, chanting om. Plus, you can still do yoga and do other activities. I go backpacking, hiking, do Krav Maga, and can actually still go running (something I never thought I'd be able to do again due to my knee pain). Granted, I don't do the 12-15 mile thing anymore, now it's more like 2 miles, but the point is I am not in any pain and can still do activities I love to do. You may want to check out yoga is all I'm sayin' Big Grin

I hope you feel better soon! Hug