Don't know why I bother sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Don't know why I bother sometimes
(22-11-2015 12:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sports injury can happen at any age if you push yourself to extremes. I used to be an avid runner and ran about 12-15 miles a day. I also went to the gym on top of that and would work out like a crazy person. As a result, I really hurt my knee, to the point where I could barely bend it without being in tears. That was when I was 25. I just pushed myself too hard and it was my body's way of saying "enough." That's when I started doing yoga. I know you said *gag* to yoga Wink and I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it completely made my knee pain go away and that was without surgery. I know several other people who practice yoga who have also improved or got rid off various aches and pains. As a former personal trainer, I can tell you yoga is a tough ass workout. It's not just laying on a mat, chanting om. Plus, you can still do yoga and do other activities. I go backpacking, hiking, do Krav Maga, and can actually still go running (something I never thought I'd be able to do again due to my knee pain). Granted, I don't do the 12-15 mile thing anymore, now it's more like 2 miles, but the point is I am not in any pain and can still do activities I love to do. You may want to check out yoga is all I'm sayin' Big Grin

I hope you feel better soon! Hug

Oh I am fully aware of how tough yoga is, and I have been told many times I need it. Years of training and not stretching has taken their toll, and I have never had good flexibility.....it is all I can do to put on socks in the morning lol

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 01:03 PM
(22-11-2015 07:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  three months later and a battery of non stop testing, they have ruled out kidney issues (ha, more on that in a minute) gout, diabetes, blood clots, sprain etc etc....then, just to spice shit up, now I have kidney stones....

You tried Allopurinol? I take it for the gout when it flares up but it's also used it for kidney stones.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-11-2015, 01:15 PM
(22-11-2015 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 07:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  three months later and a battery of non stop testing, they have ruled out kidney issues (ha, more on that in a minute) gout, diabetes, blood clots, sprain etc etc....then, just to spice shit up, now I have kidney stones....

You tried Allopurinol? I take it for the gout when it flares up but it's also used it for kidney stones.

hmmm interesting, I am going to medical tomorrow to see what they say..

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
22-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. But, you have definitely got your sh!t together compared to about 99% of guys our age. I hope the kidney stones do not ruin your thanksgiving. Sad

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
22-11-2015, 03:18 PM
[Image: Ejo85f1h.jpg]

I thought that'd catch your eye.Laugh out load

Have you tried swimming? I know it's not weight lifting and muscle building but sometimes the body needs a break, something completely different and a slightly different way of moving for a while so it can repair itself. The more you push your body to do what it was previously doing the more it will fight back, at least for a while.

Have you tried a physical therapist or even better, a qualified physical therapist who provides massages? Some of these PT professionals are damned amazing and know more about how the body moves and repairs itself than a medical doctor.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-11-2015, 03:38 PM
(22-11-2015 03:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [Image: Ejo85f1h.jpg]

Have you tried swimming? I know it's not weight lifting and muscle building but sometimes the body needs a break, something completely different and a slightly different way of moving for a while so it can repair itself. The more you push your body to do what it was previously doing the more it will fight back, at least for a while.

Have you tried a physical therapist or even better, a qualified physical therapist who provides massages? Some of these PT professionals are damned amazing and know more about how the body moves and repairs itself than a medical doctor.

Yup I am In PT twice a week Weeping

22-11-2015, 04:06 PM
(22-11-2015 03:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 03:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [Image: Ejo85f1h.jpg]

Yup I am In PT twice a week Weeping

You old farts just can't age gracefully, can you? Angry

Quitcher bitchin' and get a walker. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
22-11-2015, 04:43 PM
(22-11-2015 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 03:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yup I am In PT twice a week Weeping

You old farts just can't age gracefully, can you? Angry

I never understand what the "aging gracefully" thing really means. Is it just giving in to age, eating anything you want , not exercising and letting your hair go grey? If that's what aging gracefully is I'm apparently not doing it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-11-2015, 04:54 PM
(22-11-2015 04:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  You old farts just can't age gracefully, can you? Angry

I never understand what the "aging gracefully" thing really means. Is it just giving in to age, eating anything you want , not exercising and letting your hair go grey? If that's what aging gracefully is I'm apparently not doing it.

I think it means not going to extraordinary measures to deny the aging process, e.g. dyeing one's hair, Botox injections, plastic surgery, buying red sports cars, marrying much younger partners, etc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2015, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 05:08 PM by TheGulegon.)
Just cuz your arms have taken a hit in circumference doesn't mean you're suddenly a tiny baby man! Rolleyes
[Edit] Until you get back to full health just polish dem guns. One more accessory can wait till then! Tongue

You could always do what my dad does to keep his grizzly bear appearance! Refuse to allow your back to be shaved, and out-eat anybody half your age! Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post