Don't know why I bother sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Don't know why I bother sometimes
(22-11-2015 07:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So, it seems like I have aged 10 years this year. This has been the worse year healthwise of my life. Now, first I must say, in proper perspective, I am having an amazing year...I don't have a terminal disease, I don't have cancer, nothing on that level, so people who are, or have gone through something dire like that, I in no way have any right to complain about little shit.....but it really is beginning to piss me off.

I have always ate healthy, never smoked, rarely ever have a drink, maybe like 3 a year, take supplements, dont drink soda blah blah blah and workout. But for some reason I have been on a train of nonstop issues this year....injured my knee working out, injured my sacroiliac joint twice (didnt even know I had one), right shoulder 4 times (rotator cuff issues) but these things are par for the course. I work out like a crazy man who is on the juice and 20 years old, not a 46 yo man who should be taking it easy and doing....*gag*...yoga. So I expect to hurt myself.....but then three months ago I woke up and my left foot was triple the normal size.....for no reason...no traumatic event just BAAM fat foot.

three months later and a battery of non stop testing, they have ruled out kidney issues (ha, more on that in a minute) gout, diabetes, blood clots, sprain etc etc...they finally did a full vascular ultrasound and said (with air quotes) "you MAY have a slight vascular issue in your foot/lower calf....here, wear this compression sock" Shocking That's it?....I am like...okkkkay this cant be the fix, wear a sock for life (which has lowered swelling maybe 25%) and my foot isnt really getting any better....then, just to spice shit up, now I have kidney stones....my back was aching thursday and friday but I dismissed it. I had a kidney stone like 25 years ago due to severe consistent dehydration and over supplementation...You never forget the pain.

Monday I go on leave for a week to go to Tennessee and close on my new home and spend thanksgiving with family...if this thing hits I wont be able to stand, drive, or anything else. So I am guzzling fluids like my life depends on it all weekend, peeing every 30 minutes. Water, pickle juice, blueberry juice, pomegranate juice, and an especially nasty concoction I read about online ...2 oz of extra virgin olive oil, 2 ozs of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, stir and drink quick....yum! At this point I would eat horse shit if I thought it would prevent this from happening. As an added bonus during all of this, they have been changing and experimenting with dif meds and doses for my insomnia...so I have been a walking zombie....no working out, not eating enough, no energy, no supplements...so I am down 16 lbs in the last 3 months...buh bye hard earned muscle....was nice knowing you....lost an inch in my arms...you know how long it takes to put an inch on your arms? I could just scream..........wooooo saaaaaah

Okay, I am done crying now, time to go gag down some olive oil Weeping

We will all pray for you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
30-11-2015, 06:06 PM
(30-11-2015 05:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Shit unfogged. I hate to see you in pain as well.

No worries, mate, pain don't hurt!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Here we are...the battered and beaten but not yet defeated crew.

I seemed to be doing okay with the aging thing, until...the mastectomies have left me with lingering pain and other weird issues. I don't take any prescription meds on a daily basis ( unless depression creeps in) though I suspect I need to have my thyroid checked. Sleep patterns are squirrelly and now and then bones in my feet like to snap in half- that's fun. Dodgy

Overall though...it's still worth it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-11-2015, 06:20 PM
(30-11-2015 05:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Shit unfogged. I hate to see you in pain as well.

GWG look at the thread you've started!

Meanie! Tongue

And again BE. I am with you even though I fight death. Currently I am aiming for 52. Then next xmas. Then 53...

My actual target at this point is 70. That'll give me 19 more years to watch my niece grow up. That'd be awesome!

Having recently spoken with doctors though it looks like it won't be that long. But I am gonna try!

Try with me. Please. Smile

Oh, fuck - I hadn't realized you're that young. Way too young for that shit. Sadcryface

I am grateful that I neither look nor feel my age even though I've had medical issues.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2015, 07:29 PM
(30-11-2015 06:01 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 07:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So, it seems like I have aged 10 years this year. This has been the worse year healthwise of my life. Now, first I must say, in proper perspective, I am having an amazing year...I don't have a terminal disease, I don't have cancer, nothing on that level, so people who are, or have gone through something dire like that, I in no way have any right to complain about little shit.....but it really is beginning to piss me off.

I have always ate healthy, never smoked, rarely ever have a drink, maybe like 3 a year, take supplements, dont drink soda blah blah blah and workout. But for some reason I have been on a train of nonstop issues this year....injured my knee working out, injured my sacroiliac joint twice (didnt even know I had one), right shoulder 4 times (rotator cuff issues) but these things are par for the course. I work out like a crazy man who is on the juice and 20 years old, not a 46 yo man who should be taking it easy and doing....*gag*...yoga. So I expect to hurt myself.....but then three months ago I woke up and my left foot was triple the normal size.....for no reason...no traumatic event just BAAM fat foot.

three months later and a battery of non stop testing, they have ruled out kidney issues (ha, more on that in a minute) gout, diabetes, blood clots, sprain etc etc...they finally did a full vascular ultrasound and said (with air quotes) "you MAY have a slight vascular issue in your foot/lower calf....here, wear this compression sock" Shocking That's it?....I am like...okkkkay this cant be the fix, wear a sock for life (which has lowered swelling maybe 25%) and my foot isnt really getting any better....then, just to spice shit up, now I have kidney stones....my back was aching thursday and friday but I dismissed it. I had a kidney stone like 25 years ago due to severe consistent dehydration and over supplementation...You never forget the pain.

Monday I go on leave for a week to go to Tennessee and close on my new home and spend thanksgiving with family...if this thing hits I wont be able to stand, drive, or anything else. So I am guzzling fluids like my life depends on it all weekend, peeing every 30 minutes. Water, pickle juice, blueberry juice, pomegranate juice, and an especially nasty concoction I read about online ...2 oz of extra virgin olive oil, 2 ozs of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, stir and drink quick....yum! At this point I would eat horse shit if I thought it would prevent this from happening. As an added bonus during all of this, they have been changing and experimenting with dif meds and doses for my insomnia...so I have been a walking zombie....no working out, not eating enough, no energy, no supplements...so I am down 16 lbs in the last 3 months...buh bye hard earned muscle....was nice knowing you....lost an inch in my arms...you know how long it takes to put an inch on your arms? I could just scream..........wooooo saaaaaah

Okay, I am done crying now, time to go gag down some olive oil Weeping

We will all pray for you!

Ha! Smartarse. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-11-2015, 08:20 PM
(30-11-2015 05:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 04:29 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  and just when I thought I had that beaten, I got ulcerative colitis. That is the worst disease I've had and the drugs for treating it are horrible and terribly expensive.

What are you using, Asacol? Are you taking a fiber supplement?

No, I've gone past Ascol -- Ascol didn't do any good -- and I'm taking Simponi. I self inject that stuff but speaking of the fucking American medical system, my co-pay for it is $800.00 a month. If I were a poor person it would be a lot less and if I were a terribly poor person, as in homeless, it would be $5.00 per month. We have a supposedly good supplemental [supplemental to Medicare] insurance policy and the co-pay is still a killer. If this doesn't kick it into remission, I'm going to have my colon removed and a J pouch installed. I have talked to a lot of people who have had that done, including two of my neighbors, and they say it is great. It sure as hell beats the ileostomy bag.

Life is good, Dale, but it's not so hot when you make ten trips a day, in extreme pain, to the crapper and pass buckets of blood. I am not exaggerating about the ten trips a day. I am exaggerating about the "bucket[s]" of blood but it is a lot of blood. What is horrible about this disease is that it is usually young [in their 30s] women who get it and they have to live with it for life. The only cure is to have your colon removed.

Yeah, I'm taking a fiber supplement and probiotics. The probiotics are prescript and the co-pay is $114.00 per month.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
30-11-2015, 08:23 PM
(30-11-2015 08:20 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Life is good, Dale, but it's not so hot when you make ten trips a day, in extreme pain, to the crapper and pass buckets of blood. I am not exaggerating about the ten trips a day.

I know mate. I just like you. That's all.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
30-11-2015, 08:48 PM
I like you too but you already know that. On days when my guts really hurt, I roll out of bed and think of you and that gives me a lot of inspiration.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
30-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Wow guys, I won't be complaining anymore about my health.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-11-2015, 09:06 PM
(30-11-2015 08:48 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like you too but you already know that. On days when my guts really hurt, I roll out of bed and think of you and that gives me a lot of inspiration.

Thanks mate.

I only bled 5 times yesterday. I couldn't sleep because my arse hurt so much!!!

Too much information, right? Big Grin

Banjo.