Don't know why I bother sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Don't know why I bother sometimes
(30-11-2015 09:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Wow guys, I won't be complaining anymore about my health.

Feel free. We're hijacking GWG's thread here anyway.

Poor sod! Wink

Sorry mate. Angel

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-11-2015, 09:14 PM
(30-11-2015 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 08:48 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like you too but you already know that. On days when my guts really hurt, I roll out of bed and think of you and that gives me a lot of inspiration.

Thanks mate.

I only bled 5 times yesterday. I couldn't sleep because my arse hurt so much!!!

Too much information, right? Big Grin

Yes. Sad

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2015, 09:22 PM
(30-11-2015 09:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks mate.

I only bled 5 times yesterday. I couldn't sleep because my arse hurt so much!!!

Too much information, right? Big Grin

Yes. Sad

Ha ha! Well you made me smile anyway. Look > Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
30-11-2015, 10:41 PM
That's typical for me -- 5 to 6 times. It's not too much information if you are the one whose arse is bleeding. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
01-12-2015, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 10:43 AM by Dom.)
(30-11-2015 08:20 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 05:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  What are you using, Asacol? Are you taking a fiber supplement?

No, I've gone past Ascol -- Ascol didn't do any good -- and I'm taking Simponi. I self inject that stuff but speaking of the fucking American medical system, my co-pay for it is $800.00 a month. If I were a poor person it would be a lot less and if I were a terribly poor person, as in homeless, it would be $5.00 per month. We have a supposedly good supplemental [supplemental to Medicare] insurance policy and the co-pay is still a killer. If this doesn't kick it into remission, I'm going to have my colon removed and a J pouch installed. I have talked to a lot of people who have had that done, including two of my neighbors, and they say it is great. It sure as hell beats the ileostomy bag.

Life is good, Dale, but it's not so hot when you make ten trips a day, in extreme pain, to the crapper and pass buckets of blood. I am not exaggerating about the ten trips a day. I am exaggerating about the "bucket[s]" of blood but it is a lot of blood. What is horrible about this disease is that it is usually young [in their 30s] women who get it and they have to live with it for life. The only cure is to have your colon removed.

Yeah, I'm taking a fiber supplement and probiotics. The probiotics are prescript and the co-pay is $114.00 per month.

I have this. I have been managing it for years now ( like 20 years) with Asacol and Psyllium husk caplets (from the supermarket). Probiotics make me MUCH WORSE!

At first I was so bad, I needed regular blood transfusions. I became an outpatient blood recipient and went to the blood bank like people go to the hair dresser - time to sit around and read a magazine or something. I'd go potty like 10 times just during the night, practically sleepless for months.

Asacol is just like aspirin for the colon, it doesn't dissolve til it gets there and prevents some of the inflammation. The Psyllium husk has had the most pronounced effect of all the meds I went through - at least 6 caps a day, every day (any lapse reactivates the colitis) with a ton of water. I have been in total remission for years now, ever since I learned to never, ever miss the psyllium. Give it a shot, it's not gonna hurt anything and give it time to work, like at least 2 to 4 weeks depending on how bad it is currently.

My gut doesn't like ANY bacteria anymore, contrary to what is being said. Probiotics, yoghurt etc makes it flare up. The psyllium basically helps the gut to make do without bacteria to help.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the information, Dom, I'm going to try it.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
02-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Meanwhile back at the ranch....

GWG's still got sore shoulders and hobbit like feet!!! Gasp

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
02-12-2015, 11:23 AM
(02-12-2015 07:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Meanwhile back at the ranch....

GWG's still got sore shoulders and hobbit like feet!!! Gasp
Laugh out load
02-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Weeping

when I do make it back into the gym, I am going to break it. so much pent up anger and frustration I want to slam into the weights......AngryAngryAngry I will be back Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)