Don't plan a vacation to Norway
Steve Hughes explains why. This is painfully true:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
26-11-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: Don't plan a vacation to Norway
Poor Norwegians , only the best standard of living in the world.
Must be hard.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
26-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Can Norwegians actually afford to live in Norway, or is it a plot by Swedish businessmen to assume control of the country in order to re-annex it and steal their oil and gas?

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
26-11-2013, 03:14 PM
(26-11-2013 03:04 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Can Norwegians actually afford to live in Norway, or is it a plot by Swedish businessmen to assume control of the country in order to re-annex it and steal their oil and gas?

The reason is very simple. In Norway, the regular pay-rate is a lot higher than anywhere else. In turn, everything costs more to regulate everything. It isn't a problem for employed people here in the country. Still, the deal is that if you're a tourist, don't buy stuff like clothes or electric stuff over a vacation. And yes, Steve is right, the food is expensive over here in comparison to others. Even fastfood costs a lot here; we have to most expensive Big Mac in the world at 9.63 US Dollars.

26-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Didn't Norway have a butter shortage somewhat recently?

That's enough reason for me to stay away... Tongue

P.S. I haven't watched the video yet, so I apologize Steve covered that already...

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
26-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:Still, the deal is that if you're a tourist, don't buy stuff like clothes or electric stuff over a vacation.

How many people are coming to Norway for a vacation anyway?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
26-11-2013, 03:43 PM
(26-11-2013 03:27 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
Quote:Still, the deal is that if you're a tourist, don't buy stuff like clothes or electric stuff over a vacation.

How many people are coming to Norway for a vacation anyway?

Germans. So many Germans...

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-11-2013, 03:47 PM
(26-11-2013 03:25 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Didn't Norway have a butter shortage somewhat recently?

That's enough reason for me to stay away... Tongue

P.S. I haven't watched the video yet, so I apologize Steve covered that already...

We did, but it's not a big deal. What the deal is, is that the attention grabbing media wants it to be big. I need to stop here, otherwise it will turn into a massive political rant where in the end I pretty much always end saying that I want to spit our new primeminister in the face for not talking agriculture and the inevitable second wave of the economy crisis seriously.