Don't start sucking Sony's cock just yet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 05:14 AM
Don't start sucking Sony's cock just yet
Did everyone forget you still need to pay to play online with the PS4? When I bought my PS3, I bought it for two reasons: 1: I was used to the dualshock controller, 2: It was free to go online. Now you'll need to pay to go online with Playstation Plus. In the end, you're still going to pay your "599 US Dollars". And don't forget the extra fees. Companies like EA will spam it on you. No free blowjobs this time guys, Sony's playing you for a sap; it's not hard to play on the other side of of a trainwreck like Xbox Done. Get a goddamn PC already.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
14-06-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: Don't start sucking Sony's cock just yet
note: The playstation version of live, (what is that? ps+?) is going to be cheaper then xbone live...

I'll get the pillows for our knees...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
14-06-2013, 08:44 AM
You have to pay xbox for Live yet it offers a good service, I heard that PS3s online were a teeny bit dodgy.

For such an avid enthusiast of PC gaming Elk you sure seem interested in the consoles......

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
14-06-2013, 09:08 AM
(14-06-2013 08:44 AM)bemore Wrote:  You have to pay xbox for Live yet it offers a good service, I heard that PS3s online were a teeny bit dodgy.

For such an avid enthusiast of PC gaming Elk you sure seem interested in the consoles......

Because they suck, and people need to stay away from them.
14-06-2013, 09:09 AM
(14-06-2013 08:44 AM)bemore Wrote:  You have to pay xbox for Live yet it offers a good service, I heard that PS3s online were a teeny bit dodgy.

It's not. I'll be a PC man first an always, but I do have a PS3.

Plus is definitely a better proposition. Allow me to explain:

It's cheapter than Live. $10 USD/CAD cheaper per year, minimum; if someone had international prices for comparison that'd be interesting to see.

Unlike Live, it isn't necessary in order to use other subscription services like Netflix and other streaming/vod.

It's offered free games (on multiple platforms, which will continue to be true) for years - since it launched, actually. Compare Live, which will half-heartedly start doing so next month.

Plus is available in much more of the world, on a much more equitable basis - content is not region locked. Live, currently, is very restrictive in most global markets, and there will be NO XBone support in most of the world for a long time after the console launches.

If nothing else, it's the last one that would make up my mind. XBox sales are utterly US-dominated - which is why so many of the quote-unquote ' "services" ' (yeah, there can't be enough air quotes on that) XBone will offer are US-only (or else massively restricted otherwise). Playstation is far more global, and PSN is far more global. As the US market becomes a smaller and smaller share of the global market, well, you can connect the dots yourself.
14-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Still cheaper than Xbox.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
14-06-2013, 09:56 AM
What about Atari? I've been waiting decades for their next gen console.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't get you people. you bought the system, internet gameplay should be included in the price. you already paid someone else to have internet in general. why are you willing to pay to play online?!
14-06-2013, 09:57 AM
(14-06-2013 09:56 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What about Atari? I've been waiting decades for their next gen console.

Yeah, I've been waiting for the Atari - MechCat forever!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
14-06-2013, 10:24 AM
(14-06-2013 09:57 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I don't get you people. you bought the system, internet gameplay should be included in the price. you already paid someone else to have internet in general. why are you willing to pay to play online?!

Hey, all I said was that it's still possible to compare the two services in question. Because, um, it is.

Servers cost money. Anyone providing one is free to charge for it. And anyone providing one on a closed system is free to mandate a charge for it. It's not economical to provide free server time for any game forever. And it's antithetical for a closed platform to allow third-party servers. What other option do they have?