Don't you hate it when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2011, 09:18 PM
RE: Don't you hate it when...
What is more pretentious than religious music?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2011, 10:12 PM
(21-02-2011 09:18 PM)No J. Wrote:  What is more pretentious than religious music?

Religious folks? Big Grin

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
22-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Cover bands of religious music?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-02-2011, 07:10 PM

(30-01-2011 08:47 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  You hear a song on the radio or wherever. You really like the music, and think, hey, I should download this. So you do, and that's when you get a chance to really listen to the words carefully...

And it turns out to be about some christian metaphor or other religious bullshit. Goddammitsomuch!!!!! Angry

I actually don't mind when music has religion in it. To be perfectly honest I'm a huge fan of the band Creed. With music I listen for the music regardless of whether I disagree with the messages and themes behind it. Hell I love all forms of music from Satanic black metal to Polish and Korean pop.
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2011, 10:15 PM

I don't mind religious themes at all. Its only when it get very literal that it turns me off. A song called The Majesty is OK, a song called We Praise You Lord God On High meh.
29-03-2011, 08:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyupBmHfVQ

Christian song, by a Christian band...clearly anti-atheist.