Don't you want somebody to blame...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Don't you want somebody to blame...
(22-04-2017 12:30 PM)Vera Wrote:  "The Hemulen woke up slowly and recognised himself and wished he had been someone he didn’t know." (The great Tove Janson)

I love the Moomintroll books and am collecting the comics as they are printed as well.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
22-04-2017, 02:03 PM
(22-04-2017 01:59 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I love the Moomintroll books and am collecting the comics as they are printed as well.

Big Grin

You're European, no? (Because I might just die of shock if they've heard about them in the States Wink)

"I stopped asking and longed instead to speak of my thoughts and feelings. Alas, there was no one besides myself who found me interesting." - the one and only moominpappa (though I'm partial to Little My Yes )

[Image: Moominpappa-relaxing.png]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-04-2017, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2017 02:26 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(22-04-2017 02:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  You're European, no? (Because I might just die of shock if they've heard about them in the States Wink)

No, I'm an American living in the Philadelphia area, and have never lived in any other country. I just like illustrated children's books and comic strips.

Little My has an attitude problem, so no wonder you like her.

I like Moominpappa's Memoirs the best of the books. But then, I also like memoirs....

Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
22-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Well...having Someone to blame goes along with having Someone to credit. I would rather just keep it simple.

It is what it is. Roll with the punches. Laugh every time you think it is all about you. And...learn to be still.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
22-04-2017, 02:38 PM
My deepest and sincerest apologies, then Blush

But then you should definitely check out Astrid Lindgren, love of my life, and especially The Brothers Lionheart, which I love with every fibre of my cold, cynical being, and the illustrations are just... Heart

[Image: be65ffb52ab9e9d1d6a9b6cd0e6aef47.jpg]

[Image: Brothers-Lionheart.png]

Though I still haven't gotten over the unbelievably gorgeous illustrations (by Maraja) of my books of African tales and Indian tales (based on the Mahabharata. I might've had a crush on Arjuna as a kid Blush )

[Image: 1779405_1.jpg]

[Image: 8039056d83d99209f424d034061ee62f.jpg]

[Image: 7d0a412072065e1f1a29e4eeb3148cd6.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
22-04-2017, 02:48 PM
(22-04-2017 02:38 PM)Vera Wrote:  But then you should definitely check out Astrid Lindgren, love of my life, and especially The Brothers Lionheart, which I love with every fibre of my cold, cynical being, and the illustrations are just... Heart

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll order a copy from Amazon.

Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
22-04-2017, 02:57 PM
(22-04-2017 10:03 AM)Ricochet180 Wrote:  Just keep doing what you're doing, go with it, surrender to "God's plan" and it'll work out. Never mind that it won't. It's a hell of a balm, and a way to stay blind and "comforted," somehow.

Yes, many people find that way of thinking comforting. There are also those who (believing in a loving, all-powerful God) blame themselves for everything that goes wrong in their lives -- even when they shouldn't. In either case, the belief distorts their ability to judge situations realistically.
22-04-2017, 04:13 PM
It was that old devil, Satan! He tempted me! It wasn't really my fault. Oh yes and original sin too! I could help it.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
22-04-2017, 07:37 PM
(22-04-2017 02:23 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Little My has an attitude problem, so no wonder you like her.

And what, pray, is that supposed to mean? Dodgy

[Image: 6c385f00f8cf4e4e5e7f9a933c40f123.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post