Donald J Trump : Next 4 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2017, 07:41 AM
RE: Donald J Trump : Next 4 years
Looks like Trump's victory has helped possibly Marine Le Pen

Marine Le Pen is the leader of the French anti-EU party the National Front and also wants a "Frexit"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/7570...nald-Trump

Shocking No

Oh no. He's here - God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2017, 11:05 AM

My kid voted for the Giant Meteor. I went with Humongous Bone in the Bunghole Party.

#sigh
21-01-2017, 11:39 AM
(20-01-2017 10:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(20-01-2017 10:10 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  Just simply, I would like you to summarise how you expect the next 4 years to pan out

He won't make America great again and he won't be the next Hitler. Both sides of the political spectrum will end up being wrong and neither will realize it.

This is probably true. Trump will implode though. His personality is so vile and unpleasant that it has an effect on everything he does. His persona doesn't wear well and in the next off year election there will be a bigly reaction to him. Hillary won't be there as his foil anymore so people won't be voting against Hillary, they'll be vote against trump and many of the republicans in the crossfire will be out of work.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Apparently Trump's face gives away his leadership style according to research undertaken by Cass Business School

Article : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...style.html

Oh no. He's here - God
21-01-2017, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2017 11:55 AM by GirlyMan.)
Ladbroke's got impeachment or resignation at even odds now down from 1 in 3. Curiously, they dropped the assassination option.

People get ready, there's a Pence train a coming.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-01-2017, 12:13 PM
(20-01-2017 10:10 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  Just simply, I would like you to summarise how you expect the next 4 years to pan out

Some Vegas odds makers are saying 4 to 1 he does NOT make it 6 months. I hope he does not make it. No, I am not talking about an armed resistance, but more to the point if we push back hard enough we will uncover shit nobody can ignore, or that he will become so paranoid he will jump a shark nobody can ignore.

But if he were to make it 4 years, his band aid bullshit cutting the tax rate for the top will only give a false sense of comfort, if he gets 8 years the dept will explode and we will end up with another unsustainable bubble.

But regardless of what happens, every sane person, whom values the rights of everyone, blacks, LGBT, migrants, refugees, just basic human decency, this is an every day fight, today, and every single day.

I want America to do well, but I cannot allow one very dangerous demagogue to bully everyone. He better know his place, or we will put him in his place.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2017, 12:18 PM
(21-01-2017 11:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  People get ready, there's a Pence train a coming.

Can't help but wonder if this wasn't the plan from the get-go. Pence gives fundamentalist anti-science types wet dreams.

VP-Elect Mike Pence Does Not Accept Evolution: Here's Why That Matters
21-01-2017, 12:24 PM
(21-01-2017 11:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-01-2017 10:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  He won't make America great again and he won't be the next Hitler. Both sides of the political spectrum will end up being wrong and neither will realize it.

This is probably true. Trump will implode though. His personality is so vile and unpleasant that it has an effect on everything he does. His persona doesn't wear well and in the next off year election there will be a bigly reaction to him. Hillary won't be there as his foil anymore so people won't be voting against Hillary, they'll be vote against trump and many of the republicans in the crossfire will be out of work.

He wont become the next Hitler only IF everyone says to him he better knock of his political demagoguery. But if you stupidly think "that can't happen here", you fail to remember things like slavery, genocide of Native Americans, bans on women voting, WW2 American internment camps(sanitized word for prison camps) segregation and bans on interracial marriage, murders of people like gay politician Harvey Milk, and even today, even after gay marriage being nation wide, a VP with bible based homophobia with the intent on denying them rights.

Speaking out is the only thing that prevents the rise of fascism. Trump isn;t simply a shock jock or Jerry Springer host now. He won selling fear of others, he won with demagoguery. Political demagoguery is dangerous to the values of a pluralistic western society.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2017, 12:26 PM
I'd be guessing impeachment could be in order in 12 months or so. Too many of the GOP don't support Drumpf: Which Republicans Oppose Donald Trump? A Cheat Sheet.

I also think the greater world order won't change all that much, particularly here in Australia. One of the questions we have—which Drumpf is yet to address—is the removal of US military bases and watch stations in Australia. Hopefully he'll at least shut down its naval base in Darwin (on our far north coast) which has proved somewhat inflammatory to our largest trading partner, China.

It seems from all reports that Drumpf is gonna be very isolationist as far as closing off the US to the outside world politically, economically and defensively.

I'd also assume that the nonsensical 300-year-old, totally misrepresentative Electoral College voting system will be done away with when the next Democrat president is elected next year.

The opinion in Australia can be stated very simply... the Americans have just elected who to the top job? A fucking games show host?

Shocking

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
21-01-2017, 12:36 PM
(21-01-2017 12:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'd also assume that the nonsensical 300-year-old, totally misrepresentative Electoral College voting system will be done away with when the next Democrat president is elected next year.

Very unlikely. That would require a constitutional amendment, and given that the Repubs control most of the states and that the EC has disproportionately favoured the right wing, an amendment attempt will likely fail.