Donald J Trump : Next 4 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Donald J Trump : Next 4 years
(22-01-2017 05:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 04:47 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  For one thing they're an authoritarian state. We're about to become more authoritarian. Secondly, Putin is ex-KGB. Says a lot about the guy.

I understand what you are saying but I don't see why we should hate the country and people because of Putin. I have watched YouTube videos of Russians talking about the western world and they seem like good people.

I would like to see better relations with them. I wouldn't mind visiting the country one day.

I don't like their government or leader but I feel the same way about a lot of countries.

I don't see people going around hating on Russian people here. In fact in the sports world still making political jokes I see more glee in fun loving about the Russian hockey players for instance in joking about potentially having Trump n Putin together at Washington capitol games.

It's just the Russian government which Putin is an authoritarian can as long as he wants be doing his president/prime minister title swap is a very aggressively discriminating power monger. Sure he merely wants back a powerful Russia motherland but goes about the world in the same poor ways the US has overseas folks don't like too and now you have a connection of both powers encasing forces that way to a disliking of world policing and taking what helps their bottom lines in no effort to helping the actual world's problems diminish some.

Well I never got why when Obama has good relations with Medvedev or made deals like the Syrian one, republicans were in total disarray of how terrible it is to work with Russia. Russia and Israel both have similar illegal territorial taking actions yet typical gop folks view them as polar opposite entities.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
22-01-2017, 05:42 PM
(22-01-2017 05:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 04:47 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  For one thing they're an authoritarian state. We're about to become more authoritarian. Secondly, Putin is ex-KGB. Says a lot about the guy.

I understand what you are saying but I don't see why we should hate the country and people because of Putin. I have watched YouTube videos of Russians talking about the western world and they seem like good people.

I would like to see better relations with them. I wouldn't mind visiting the country one day.

I don't like their government or leader but I feel the same way about a lot of countries.

Trump is cozying up to their government and leader, not "the Russian people". He couldn't care less about the Russian people (or the American people for that matter). That's what all the hatred is about.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-01-2017, 07:24 PM
(22-01-2017 05:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Trump is cozying up to their government and leader, not "the Russian people".

That's what heads of states do. They cozy up to each other. The opposite would be to have a Cold War.

I would like to see all countries get along.

I guess another question is in order. What threat does Putin pose to America? Not Russia, Putin.
22-01-2017, 07:39 PM
(22-01-2017 07:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 05:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Trump is cozying up to their government and leader, not "the Russian people".

That's what heads of states do. They cozy up to each other. The opposite would be to have a Cold War.

I would like to see all countries get along.

I guess another question is in order. What threat does Putin pose to America? Not Russia, Putin.

You cannot separate the two. Putin is the autocratic leader of an authoritarian government. The Russian state invaded Ukraine, meddled dangerously in Syria, and attempted interference in U.S. politics.

If you don't see them as a threat, you aren't looking at it realistically.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-01-2017, 07:45 PM
(22-01-2017 07:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you don't see them as a threat, you aren't looking at it realistically.

Yes they meddle in our affairs but so do other countries such as China.

So do the threats they pose outweigh the potential gain by improving relations with them?
22-01-2017, 09:12 PM
(22-01-2017 07:45 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 07:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you don't see them as a threat, you aren't looking at it realistically.

So do the threats they pose outweigh the potential gain by improving relations with them?

Putin wants to reconstitute the USSR. Whether you consider that a threat or not is your call I guess but Eastern Europe is shitting their pants.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-01-2017, 09:28 PM
(22-01-2017 07:45 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

I am not arguing that we should not improve relations with them - of course we should.

But I would always question their motives and goals, and count my fingers after shaking hands with them. Same goes for China.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-01-2017, 10:48 PM
[Image: mcoyAUd.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
23-01-2017, 11:32 AM
According to an article published today, President Trump has signed order to withdraw from TransPacific Partnership, however, the article states "The move was largely symbolic -- the deal was unlikely to make it through Congress"

Article : http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...story.html

Who else saw this coming??

Oh no. He's here - God
23-01-2017, 11:35 AM
(23-01-2017 11:32 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  According to an article published today, President Trump has signed order to withdraw from TransPacific Partnership, however, the article states "The move was largely symbolic -- the deal was unlikely to make it through Congress"

Article : http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...story.html

Who else saw this coming??

TPP was dead from the get-go. Though Obama supported it, neither HRC nor DJT were interested in moving it forward.

But Pacific-rim trade will continue regardless. Little will change.