Donald Trump’s evangelical advisory council

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Donald Trump’s evangelical advisory council
We all have seen how Christians can support anything by cherry-picking the Bible, here is just the latest and greatest example how 23 evangelical leaders dug deep into scripture to justify supporting Trump even after the latest pussy-grabbing boasts. Enjoy.

http://time.com/4529433/inside-donald-tr...picks=true

"The call to gather went out Sunday morning, arriving on cell phones before many of the pastors had left their congregations. These 23 men and three women, all members of Donald Trump’s evangelical advisory council, had long ago signed on to pray for his vision for the nation. But now a scandalous recording from Access Hollywood was threatening to blow up the prayer circle.”

"Seeking guidance in Scripture, they found a Bible abounding in useful scoundrels. One participant on the call noted that Jesus had befriended tax collectors and sinners. Another invoked the Old Testament figure Nehemiah, who served a pagan king, Cyrus of Persia, but leveraged the relationship to accomplish the holy mission of rebuilding the ancient walls of Jerusalem. Even an imperfect ruler might be the means to a righteous end.” [Image: fZwTlTI.gif?zoom=2]

I have to say that in my life experiences religionists may claim to hold the high ground but seldom do. Fuck ‘em.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
13-10-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Donald Trump’s evangelical advisory council
[Image: tumblr_inline_o7nmlidMDi1sz2x5c_500.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
13-10-2016, 07:16 AM
(13-10-2016 07:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  We all have seen how Christians can support anything by cherry-picking the Bible, here is just the latest and greatest example how 23 evangelical leaders dug deep into scripture to justify supporting Trump even after the latest pussy-grabbing boasts. Enjoy.

http://time.com/4529433/inside-donald-tr...picks=true

"The call to gather went out Sunday morning, arriving on cell phones before many of the pastors had left their congregations. These 23 men and three women, all members of Donald Trump’s evangelical advisory council, had long ago signed on to pray for his vision for the nation. But now a scandalous recording from Access Hollywood was threatening to blow up the prayer circle.”

"Seeking guidance in Scripture, they found a Bible abounding in useful scoundrels. One participant on the call noted that Jesus had befriended tax collectors and sinners. Another invoked the Old Testament figure Nehemiah, who served a pagan king, Cyrus of Persia, but leveraged the relationship to accomplish the holy mission of rebuilding the ancient walls of Jerusalem. Even an imperfect ruler might be the means to a righteous end.” [Image: fZwTlTI.gif?zoom=2]

I have to say that in my life experiences religionists may claim to hold the high ground but seldom do. Fuck ‘em.

Anyone can hold the high ground, take the high road, fight for a noble cause. Till they brag about it, then oh FUCK THEM!
13-10-2016, 08:18 AM
(13-10-2016 07:16 AM)skyking Wrote:  Anyone can hold the high ground, take the high road, fight for a noble cause. Till they brag about it, then oh FUCK THEM!

In this case it isn’t that they are bragging about it, it’s that they are justifying holding a high ground that doesn’t exist except in their twisted, scripture infested, little minds.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-10-2016, 08:27 AM
If you squint and look at it just so, you can see it........... don't you see it?
Tongue
13-10-2016, 10:27 AM
My favorite is how guys like Ben Carson, who has made it a career of telling us how morally depraved the country is, suddenly is telling everyone that what Trump said is normal and that if it offends you, you "need to get out more.". Let me repeat, the guy that denies evolution and thinks the fuckin' pyramids were built to hold grain, is telling people to get out more.

Then you get asshats like Hannity pointing out "Hey King David had a ton of whores!". So your defense for Trump is to point out how bad your book actually is? And where was all this when Clinton was diddling interns?
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post