Donald Trump Health

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2016 03:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Donald Trump Health
(13-09-2016 06:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You'll have to respond with more than just ad hominems if you're looking to demonstrate your superiority.

Of course, attacking my reading comprehension does not count as an ad hominem in your twisted little egotistical view of logic. You do remind me a lot of Trump. Accuse others of the very same techniques you use and pretend you never did it. You are responsible for more ad hominems than many others in this forum

(13-09-2016 06:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Why don't you try again and address my argument this time around?

What argument? This?

(12-09-2016 02:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 01:25 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  To see Hillary soldiering through pneumonia on the campaign trail is a moving experience. She has given her life to public service for the benefit of others.
Hahahahahaha. That's some good satire right there.

I don't see any argument. Only insults. What argument would you like me to refute? 'Cause I ain't seeing anything other than a juvenile schoolyard jeer. Maybe you don't understand that schoolyard jeers are not arguments. (oops, was that an ad hominem, my bad).

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 04:02 PM
(13-09-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course, attacking my reading comprehension does not count as an ad hominem in your twisted little egotistical view of logic. You do remind me a lot of Trump. Accuse others of the very same techniques you use and pretend you never did it.
I never said that my attack doesn't count as an ad hominem or that I don't do it as well, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

(13-09-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are responsible for more ad hominems than many others in this forum
That's not saying much considering that there's only a tiny number of people who get involved in these heated debates in the first place.

(13-09-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 06:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Why don't you try again and address my argument this time around?

What argument? This?

(12-09-2016 02:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Hahahahahaha. That's some good satire right there.

I don't see any argument. Only insults. What argument would you like me to refute? 'Cause I ain't seeing anything other than a juvenile schoolyard jeer. Maybe you don't understand that schoolyard jeers are not arguments. (oops, was that an ad hominem, my bad).
No, this is the argument in question:

(13-09-2016 03:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  He was talking about Clinton specifically, not about public servants in general.

You insinuated that I denigrated all public servants with my response to Dworkin; I countered your insinuation by arguing that he was only talking about one specific public servant rather than several or let alone all of them.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-09-2016, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2016 04:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-09-2016 04:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course, attacking my reading comprehension does not count as an ad hominem in your twisted little egotistical view of logic. You do remind me a lot of Trump. Accuse others of the very same techniques you use and pretend you never did it.
I never said that my attack doesn't count as an ad hominem or that I don't do it as well, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

(13-09-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are responsible for more ad hominems than many others in this forum
That's not saying much considering that there's only a tiny number of people who get involved in these heated debates in the first place.

(13-09-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What argument? This?

A public servant who has an extensive CV highlighting a lifetime of public service especially to
No, this is the argument in question:

(13-09-2016 03:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  He was talking about Clinton specifically, not about public servants in general.

You insinuated that I denigrated all public servants with my response to Dworkin; I countered your insinuation by arguing that he was only talking about one specific public servant rather than several or let alone all of them.

A public servant who has an extensive decades long history of advocating for women and children and the poor which you are apparently ignorant of or intentionally ignored. Very few have a similar CV. You denigrate her record, you denigrate all public servants who can't match her record. That pretty much makes any subsequent arguments moot. Can you provide a CV of public service for Trump?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-09-2016, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2016 04:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-09-2016 04:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I never said that my attack doesn't count as an ad hominem or that I don't do it as well,

Problem is when you do it you don't feel it diminishes your argument at all while when others do it you insinuate it invalidates their entire argument.

(13-09-2016 04:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ... so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

Another one of your favorite trite responses.

13-09-2016, 04:50 PM
(13-09-2016 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A public servant who has an extensive decades long history of advocating for women and children which you are apparently ignorant of or intentionally ignored.
Are you referring to the unsourced list of CV bullet points you posted earlier in this thread? If so, I'll be happy to respond to it as soon as you cite your source(s).

(13-09-2016 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That pretty much makes any subsequent arguments moot.
I don't see why it would. Your insinuation that I denigrated all public servants is unaffected by the quality of Clinton's record.

(13-09-2016 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Can you provide a CV of public service for Trump?
No.

(13-09-2016 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Problem is when you do it you don't feel it diminishes your argument at all while when others do it you insinuate it invalidates their entire argument.
I can't defend myself against accusations that are based on knowledge you obtained using psychic powers, I can only defend the words I use in my post. Lucky for me, it just so happens that I said neither of those things.

(13-09-2016 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Another one of your favorite trite responses.
Here's an idea: When someone on an online forum accuses you of putting words in his mouth, prove him wrong by citing the part of his post(s) which show that he actually did use those words. How about it, Girly?

13-09-2016, 05:11 PM
(13-09-2016 05:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And here's her CV illustrating her lifelong focus on helping children and women. Couldn't find a record of public service for Trump other than that he dodged it because of a bunion or something.

•First ever blah
blah blah...

LIST way too long to repeat
<in bold are my own edits>

But on Trump's side.
He's been on "The Apprentice" and has fired people, and stuff...
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
13-09-2016, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2016 05:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-09-2016 04:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Are you referring to the unsourced list of CV bullet points you posted earlier in this thread? If so, I'll be happy to respond to it as soon as you cite your source(s).

Figured you could google it yourself. My bad. Hillary Clinton's Record of Accomplishments

(13-09-2016 04:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Can you provide a CV of public service for Trump?
No.

Exactly.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-09-2016, 05:34 PM
(13-09-2016 04:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Here's an idea: When someone on an online forum accuses you of putting words in his mouth, prove him wrong by citing the part of his post(s) which show that he actually did use those words. How about it, Girly?

Why would I bother to do that?

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-09-2016, 06:30 PM
(13-09-2016 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Figured you could google it yourself. My bad. Hillary Clinton's Record of Accomplishments
I hope you realize that that's a blogging website. The list of accomplishments you quoted was compiled and published by an anonymous user who, much like yourself, didn't bother substantiating the individual bullet points with citations.

Is that your idea of a credible source, an anonymous blog post with virtually no primary citations?

(13-09-2016 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why would I bother to do that?
I distinctly remember you complaining that I frequently call people out on putting words in my mouth. You'd have a legitimate point if you could prove that I'm doing so erroneously because all it otherwise is is a personal preference of yours.

13-09-2016, 06:35 PM
(13-09-2016 06:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Figured you could google it yourself. My bad. Hillary Clinton's Record of Accomplishments
I hope you realize that that's a blogging website. The list of accomplishments you quoted was compiled and published by an anonymous user who, much like yourself, didn't bother substantiating the individual bullet points with citations.

Is that your idea of a credible source, an anonymous blog post with virtually no primary citations?

Easy enough to settle. Check them yourself if you have doubts.

(13-09-2016 06:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why would I bother to do that?
I distinctly remember you complaining that I frequently call people out on putting words in my mouth. You'd have a legitimate point if you could prove that I'm doing so erroneously because all it otherwise is is a personal preference of yours.

yeah ..... can't seem to give a shit.