Donald Trump Speaks on Foreign Policy in Washington, DC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 06:37 AM
Donald Trump Speaks on Foreign Policy in Washington, DC

A transcript of the speech is available here for those who don't like listening to him.

Thoughts? Opinions? I personally expected it to be much worse than it turned out to be. He's definitely right that the US needs to stop with their catastrophic attempts at nation-building and their wars in the Middle East.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Donald Trump Speaks on Foreign Policy in Washington, DC
After the cold war it veered badly off course... yeah okay.

He thinks the world would be safer if more was spent on national military defense budgets in nato agreed nations worldwide.. really that has a basis for him? That's safer? I think this whole Foreign policy seems to be based on that america was dominant and [victorious] in the cold war days so that strategy is the global initiative to look up too.

He's certainly more calm and median based, but it's time for that. It doesn't make his what he fines as ideals any less unfounded but it's time to just switch to the attempts at curving to the middle of the political spectrum. Romney took too long to do it, he did it in the first debate for Obama which was a bit awkward because Romney kept distancing himself from his primary campaign ideas to his now stated "real" policies of the general election. Trump has the complacency to start that already.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Trump is attempting to keep the moderate republicans, turn the independents and moderate Democrats to his side, even at the risk of losing the Bush loving far right conservatives (mostly Cruz supporters). He's actively courting the older age group of Bernie supporters.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-05-2016, 06:29 AM
We really do need to stop messing with laws we don't agree with in other countries.
04-05-2016, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 02:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
His whole schtick is based on the false notion that a return to yesteryear, before the forces of globalization were set in motion is possible, and/or would be a good thing. He neither has the power to do that, nor does he understand the consequences of trying to undo them. He's whistling in the wind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-05-2016, 03:36 PM
"America First", because that worked soooooo well last time. Dodgy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
04-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Quote: The countries we are defending must pay for the cost of this defense – and, if not, the U.S. must be prepared to let these countries defend themselves.

The whole world will be safer if our allies do their part to support our common defense and security.

A Trump Administration will lead a free world that is properly armed and funded.

lol, somebody wasn't thinking big-picture when they put those sentences so close together in a speech.

You cannot let go of allies and at the same time ensure they're properly armed. Indeed, it is often arms sales which seal an alliance.

Quote:Iran cannot be allowed to have a nuclear weapon and, under a Trump Administration, will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon.

I wonder how he will ensure this? This is a country five times the size of California, with 77 million people, a hostile geography, and relatively little littoral approach which is so confined that we couldn't risk our big ships there. Airpower alone cannot win wars, and I say that as an Air Force veteran.

How many boots on the ground, exactly, does he reckon it would take?

Quote:Israel, our great friend [...]

Bullshit and applebutter. Israel doesn't give two shits rubbed together about our interests. They only care about our aid dollars which help to finance their military.

So long as Trump wants to continue that policy, that's another strike against him in my book.

Quote:We left Christians subject to intense persecution and even genocide.

yaddayaddayadda

When did Christians care about the genocide of other Christians in Rwanda? When did they care about murdering 5.8 million Jews? Cry me a river, and spare me the appeal to emotion.

Quote:The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens more.

We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies.

Translation: dem brown-skinned folk ain't welcome here ... and never mind my Yankee accent, I'm as racist as you.

Quote:We will spend what we need to rebuild our military. It is the cheapest investment we can make.

This is a man who really needs to read Dr Kennedy's The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers. Anyone with half-a-brain knows that military investments bring the lowest return on investment.

Quote:A Trump Administration will give our service men and women the best equipment and support in the world when they serve, and the best care in the world when they return as veterans to civilian life.

Yeah, I've never heard this shit before. Quit riding my fucking coattails in order to score a vote. Shut the fuck up and do something.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Also, just wanted to leave this here ... I agree with virtually every point raised: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/43...n-military
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Maybe this will work just like trump steaks at the sharper image. Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
04-05-2016, 10:15 PM
From 8:23

"Tear down this wall"

No punchline required.

Rolleyes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post