No punchline required.

Rolleyes

PUT UP THIS WALL!!211!!11!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-05-2016, 05:11 AM
RE: Donald Trump Speaks on Foreign Policy in Washington, DC
(04-05-2016 05:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Bullshit and applebutter. Israel doesn't give two shits rubbed together about our interests. They only care about our aid dollars which help to finance their military.
Respect, there aren't many people who have the guts to call the Jews out on their bullshit. Too bad that every presidential candidate has to suck Israel's cock to have a shot at being elected. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-05-2016, 05:58 AM
(05-05-2016 05:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 05:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Bullshit and applebutter. Israel doesn't give two shits rubbed together about our interests. They only care about our aid dollars which help to finance their military.
Respect, there aren't many people who have the guts to call the Jews out on their bullshit. Too bad that every presidential candidate has to suck Israel's cock to have a shot at being elected. No

Yet politicians and media folk frequently proclaim Obama and some say Sanders are anti Israel simply for not overwhelmingly disregarding Palestine.

Maybe I'm just crazy, I'm but I've never thought calling out Israel was rare, maybe because where I'm from idk. I get it is politically but not socially.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
05-05-2016, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 08:02 AM by Vosur.)
(05-05-2016 05:58 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yet politicians and media folk frequently proclaim Obama and some say Sanders are anti Israel simply for not overwhelmingly disregarding Palestine.
The same thing happened to Trump, ironically enough. His opponents in the Republican primary race called him anti-Israel for proclaiming that he wants to stay neutral on the Israel-Palestine conflict to increase the odds of a successful peace negotiation between these two parties. That being said, not even Obama, Sanders or Trump would ever propose that the US should stop giving aid money to Israel because it would be political suicide. One has to wonder why Israel, a country with a population of 8 million, has so much sway over US politics. Consider

(05-05-2016 05:58 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Maybe I'm just crazy, I'm but I've never thought calling out Israel was rare, maybe because where I'm from idk. I get it is politically but not socially.
You could be right, I can personally only speak from experience when it comes to the situation in Germany. There was a political push to outlaw circumcision on newborn babies here a couple of years ago and it went down as you would expect. Jews (and Muslims) threw a temper tantrum and accused people in favor of this legislation of being anti-semites and that was the end of that. They're still allowed to do it as long as the procedure is performed by a medical professional. We've also paid Israel billions of dollars in reparations and given them hefty discounts on weapons purchases, even going so far as giving them several submarines for free. To them, it doesn't matter that WWII ended over 70 years ago, they continue to want more. Just a few years back, they demanded another billion Euros from Germany. I've come to despise Israel and Zionism deeply over the years.

05-05-2016, 10:03 AM
(05-05-2016 05:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

I'm not calling "the Jews" out, I'm pointing out that Israel as a nation is not our friend.

To my mind there's a big difference between noting a national attitude towards a political relationship, and lumping a bunch of people into one group and imputing an attitude to them.

I am doing the former, but wouldn't think of doing the latter, no matter the group in question.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-05-2016, 12:47 PM
(05-05-2016 10:03 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm not calling "the Jews" out, I'm pointing out that Israel as a nation is not our friend.

To my mind there's a big difference between noting a national attitude towards a political relationship, and lumping a bunch of people into one group and imputing an attitude to them.

I am doing the former, but wouldn't think of doing the latter, no matter the group in question.
You say tomayto, I say tomato. I don't think every single Jew is responsible for Israel's actions either, but you can't deny that it's a nation of Jews (~75%) which happens to have democratic elections. If the majority of Israel's voting population wanted their country to stop milking the US and other countries for aid money, you would think their government would reflect that.

06-05-2016, 01:32 AM
(05-05-2016 12:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't think every single Jew is responsible for Israel's actions either, but you can't deny that it's a nation of Jews (~75%) which happens to have democratic elections.

I'm not denying that it's a nation composed of Jews. I disassociate myself from this phraseology "the Jews" as if Jewish views, of all stripes, are identical to Israeli national policy.

If you wish to talk about "the Jews", have at it. Me, I was referring to the government of Israel, not Jews clumped together as a group and assigned a set of views. I wasn't doing any such thing and want to make that clear.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post