Donald Trump Time Magazine Person Of The Year

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-12-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: Donald Trump Time Magazine Person Of The Year
(07-12-2016 11:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 10:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've been right along the way. I predict he will get his wall built (probably a fence in most areas but close enough). He'll convince a lot of companies to stay in America and even get some to move back. His appointments of generals to cabinet positions and beefing up of the military will scare the shit out of our enemies. Our military will be allowed to crush ISIS. Trade deals will be renegotiated. The Iran deal will be withdrawn. The ACA will be mostly repealed. Gun rights will be confirmed and expanded.

And he will win reelection by a landslide.

Corey Booker might want to wait until 2024.

So do you like him because he wants to establish a police and military autocracy?

Trump does not have absolute power.

Republicans however, do. And the people gave it to them.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 11:22 AM
(07-12-2016 10:44 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 10:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will be the greatest President since Thomas Jefferson.
Are you really that desperate to lose a prediction? Consider

He can't lose, though, because there's no objective way to measure such things. Some people still think Reagan was the greatest president ever, while others think he sucked. FWIW, I'm in the "sucked" camp, and my expectation is that Trump will suck even harder. But LDH might use the same data to conclude that he was the greatest.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
07-12-2016, 11:24 AM
(07-12-2016 10:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will be the greatest President since Thomas Jefferson.

Jefferson did like to grab 'em by the pussy.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-12-2016, 11:26 AM
(07-12-2016 11:22 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  He can't lose, though, because there's no objective way to measure such things. Some people still think Reagan was the greatest president ever, while others think he sucked. FWIW, I'm in the "sucked" camp, and my expectation is that Trump will suck even harder. But LDH might use the same data to conclude that he was the greatest.
I see your point. However, I think Trump is going to suck so badly that, while some on the right may still like him, few will consider him one of the greatest.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
07-12-2016, 11:29 AM
(07-12-2016 10:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've been right along the way.
You were right that Trump won. But winning is far easier than being great for 4 years as President and Trump struggled greatly just to beat the candidate that I'm pretty sure you would consider the worst. We shall see...

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
07-12-2016, 11:31 AM
(07-12-2016 11:09 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 11:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  So do you like him because he wants to establish a police and military autocracy?

Trump does not have absolute power.

You are not answering the question.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-12-2016, 11:34 AM
(07-12-2016 11:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 11:09 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump does not have absolute power.

You are not answering the question.

He doesn't need to. We already know that dingleberries tend to clump together.

#sigh
07-12-2016, 11:36 AM
(07-12-2016 11:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 11:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  You are not answering the question.

He doesn't need to. We already know that dingleberries tend to clump together.

Mine stick to my thigh.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2016, 11:37 AM
(07-12-2016 11:36 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 11:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He doesn't need to. We already know that dingleberries tend to clump together.

Mine stick to my thigh.

Blink Blink Hobo

#sigh
07-12-2016, 12:45 PM
(07-12-2016 08:58 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 08:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's why they don't call it Time's Good Person of the Year. Big Grin

To be fair, he was person of the year back when he was known for his something other than genocide. If he'd died that year he probably would have gone down in history as one of Germany's greatest leaders.

Concentration camps and secret police existed already, nazi brutality wasn't secret to anybody, Jews were long repressed, economy was "improved" by re arming. Hitler achievements were indeed manifold.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post