Donald Trump alludes to shooting Hillary Clinton

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Donald Trump alludes to shooting Hillary Clinton
If you watch the video it's pretty clear from the reaction of the audience what Trump meant and it was not getting out and voting.

So who had "Endorsing Opponent's Assassination" in the pool?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
09-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I would not at all be surprised if Trump incited riots instead of leaving the stage gracefully when the time comes....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Erm, I don't want to worry anyone but has anyone seen Lord Dark Helmet?

Ohmy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-08-2016, 09:18 PM
(09-08-2016 09:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Erm, I don't want to worry anyone but has anyone seen Lord Dark Helmet?

Ohmy

Well that’s just great, you say that just before I try to go get some sleep. Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
(09-08-2016 09:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Erm, I don't want to worry anyone but has anyone seen Lord Dark Helmet?

Ohmy

Ya know, there's so may TTA members with the word "Dark" somewhere in their username I get them all confused. There otta be a rule around here for new members : No using the name DARK anywhere in your name. We've already got about 8 of them.

Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Meh I don't see it as a threat or "inciting" anything. Just an off the cuff comment.
I think people are just exaggerating because its Trump. Media riding that Trump dollar wave scrapping at any tiny thing.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-08-2016, 01:26 AM

Ohmy

[Image: spaceballs-1.jpg]

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
10-08-2016, 01:45 AM
(10-08-2016 01:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

Ohmy

[Image: spaceballs-1.jpg]

Ah, there you are. Good.

Please wear your ankle bracelet at all times.

Thanks.

Particularly on Nov 9th, as per the plan we discussed.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-08-2016, 01:48 AM
Hi,

Trump is clever with sophistry. He says "That will be a horrible day....". On a close reading of his words it looks like the horrible day he could mean is the day that Hillary appoints a liberal judge. However, it closely follows his comment that 2ndA folks might do something about it.

Trump loves to use images (the wall, the blood, etc). To me, there is nothing 'horrible' about appointing judges or people voting. What is 'horrible' is gun violence to political ends.

IMHO, the 'horrible' image has only one effective meaning. Of course, Trump does not advocate the 'horrible' but suggests that the horror will come from others. This is the way he works, like using 'lots of people are saying', before one of his insinuations.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
10-08-2016, 01:53 AM
(09-08-2016 11:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meh I don't see it as a threat or "inciting" anything. Just an off the cuff comment.
I think people are just exaggerating because its Trump. Media riding that Trump dollar wave scrapping at any tiny thing.

I agree Trump would be nothing without the media, but he definitely *did* make the implication. He makes these kind of "off the cuff comments" all the time and it's getting to the point where people go "Oh, it's just Trump", but it doesn't make him any less scary. A presidential hopeful allowing a chant of "Shoot her" (as he has done) without condemning it, a guy implying that the polls are rigged, showing blatant disregard for the constitution... welcome to African politics Smile I devoutly hope that it all ends when Trump loses the election, if he does, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some further kerfuffle, although fortunately I think America's not in a state for him to play the "stage a coup" card that would be the logical next step in many African elections. He could still be a dangerous force in American politics even if he doesn't hold elected office though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post