Donald Trump alludes to shooting Hillary Clinton

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Donald Trump alludes to shooting Hillary Clinton
(10-08-2016 01:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 11:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meh I don't see it as a threat or "inciting" anything. Just an off the cuff comment.
I think people are just exaggerating because its Trump. Media riding that Trump dollar wave scrapping at any tiny thing.

I agree Trump would be nothing without the media, but he definitely *did* make the implication. He makes these kind of "off the cuff comments" all the time and it's getting to the point where people go "Oh, it's just Trump", but it doesn't make him any less scary. A presidential hopeful allowing a chant of "Shoot her" (as he has done) without condemning it, a guy implying that the polls are rigged, showing blatant disregard for the constitution... welcome to African politics Smile I devoutly hope that it all ends when Trump loses the election, if he does, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some further kerfuffle, although fortunately I think America's not in a state for him to play the "stage a coup" card that would be the logical next step in many African elections. He could still be a dangerous force in American politics even if he doesn't hold elected office though.

Yea of course he made the implication.
I just don't see the problem with it because it was just a casual 'humorous' comment. It's not like he was asking people to go out and shot the bitch.

And besides, would it really be so bad if someone shot Hillary? Lets be honest here people. Best case scenario it was an off the cuff scenario. Worst case scenario you don't end up with Hillary as president. Either way it's hardly a bad thing.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-08-2016, 05:55 PM
(10-08-2016 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 01:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  I agree Trump would be nothing without the media, but he definitely *did* make the implication. He makes these kind of "off the cuff comments" all the time and it's getting to the point where people go "Oh, it's just Trump", but it doesn't make him any less scary. A presidential hopeful allowing a chant of "Shoot her" (as he has done) without condemning it, a guy implying that the polls are rigged, showing blatant disregard for the constitution... welcome to African politics Smile I devoutly hope that it all ends when Trump loses the election, if he does, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some further kerfuffle, although fortunately I think America's not in a state for him to play the "stage a coup" card that would be the logical next step in many African elections. He could still be a dangerous force in American politics even if he doesn't hold elected office though.

Yea of course he made the implication.
I just don't see the problem with it because it was just a casual 'humorous' comment. It's not like he was asking people to go out and shot the bitch.

And besides, would it really be so bad if someone shot Hillary? Lets be honest here people. Best case scenario it was an off the cuff scenario. Worst case scenario you don't end up with Hillary as president. Either way it's hardly a bad thing.

We end up with a chaotic country similar to the Banana republics in South American who have a coup every few years and insanity all the time. As a matter of fact Trump would fit right in down there.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-08-2016, 06:04 PM
(10-08-2016 05:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea of course he made the implication.

We end up with a chaotic country similar to the Banana republics in South American who have a coup every few years and insanity all the time. As a matter of fact Trump would fit right in down there.

No.. the VP would take over and you'd probably have another election and life would go as normal.
The country isn't run by the president. I mean it is to some degree, but the cogs would keep turning if you didn't have one for a little while.

Your presidents have been knocked off in the past and the world didn't implode.

[Image: oscar.png]
10-08-2016, 06:14 PM
(10-08-2016 01:43 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 07:26 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Personally, I find it amusing. Just imagining all the people freaking out about it and scrambling around. This is just a big dog and pony show to me.
Not really what you want in a leader and a person in control of nuclear weapons is it?

A guy that is totally random, says aggressive things, implies deplorable acts, incites fear. Sounds somewhat like the leader of Iran.

i could be wrong but i dont think the president has a big shiny red button that launches Americ's nuclear weapons. I think there's more to it than that.
10-08-2016, 06:23 PM
(10-08-2016 06:14 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 01:43 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Not really what you want in a leader and a person in control of nuclear weapons is it?

A guy that is totally random, says aggressive things, implies deplorable acts, incites fear. Sounds somewhat like the leader of Iran.

i could be wrong but i dont think the president has a big shiny red button that launches Americ's nuclear weapons. I think there's more to it than that.

Actually, it's close to that. The president has the codes in his pocket and it's called the biscuit. And the device that triggers the launch, known as the football, is never more than a room away from him/her.

So, yeah, in a very real way, you're wrong.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
10-08-2016, 07:11 PM
(10-08-2016 06:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 06:14 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i could be wrong but i dont think the president has a big shiny red button that launches Americ's nuclear weapons. I think there's more to it than that.

Actually, it's close to that. The president has the codes in his pocket and it's called the biscuit. And the device that triggers the launch, known as the football, is never more than a room away from him/her.

According to one military general, Bill Clinton lost his biscuit for a few months and never told anyone until they gave him an updated one. I could be off a little on the story. It's been a while since I've read the book.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
10-08-2016, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 08:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-08-2016 07:11 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 06:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Actually, it's close to that. The president has the codes in his pocket and it's called the biscuit. And the device that triggers the launch, known as the football, is never more than a room away from him/her.

According to one military general, Bill Clinton lost his biscuit for a few months and never told anyone until they gave him an updated one. I could be off a little on the story. It's been a while since I've read the book.

He didn't lose it. Fat fuck dipped it in some gravy and ate it without realizing it and nobody noticed for a few months because he was, well, fat and ate a lot of biscuits.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-08-2016, 07:52 PM
(10-08-2016 06:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 05:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We end up with a chaotic country similar to the Banana republics in South American who have a coup every few years and insanity all the time. As a matter of fact Trump would fit right in down there.

No.. the VP would take over and you'd probably have another election and life would go as normal.
The country isn't run by the president. I mean it is to some degree, but the cogs would keep turning if you didn't have one for a little while.

You didn't live in the USA in the 60's did you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-08-2016, 07:55 PM
(10-08-2016 03:06 PM)BnW Wrote:  Did anyone see the fantastic video where his lunatic spokesperson is explaining it's only a problem if he loses? Even the NRA felt the need to clarify.

Do you have a link to that particular piece of grotesquerie?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-08-2016, 07:57 PM
(10-08-2016 07:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 06:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No.. the VP would take over and you'd probably have another election and life would go as normal.

You didn't live in the USA in the 60's did you.

What do you mean? He was on the grassy knoll. ..... psssst. we're not supposed to mention the global influence the Māori have ....

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post