Donald Trump alludes to shooting Hillary Clinton

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: Donald Trump alludes to shooting Hillary Clinton
(11-08-2016 06:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 04:52 AM)BnW Wrote:  It's interesting you say Clinton "used" the Khans. I sort of agree. I think the Khans had something to say and the Democrats were happy to give them the opportunity. But, I also think they knew there was a likely chance Trump would react and dig a hole for himself. It's not their fault he did, but they certainly baited him.

He failed hard there. Of course they were used (IMO) - probably happy to be used but... used none the less. I mean. It's not like your son dying usually engenders an urge to berate the republican candidate for not having sacrificed stuff.

I don't think it was an urge to berate the Republican candidate. I think it was an urge to berate a man who continues to say Muslims can't be real Americans and don't belong here.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
11-08-2016, 09:42 AM
(11-08-2016 02:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 12:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  If he *hadn't* mis-stepped though, if he'd for example been nice to that vet who criticised him, said something like "thank you for your son's service, I respect that, of course I haven't sacrificed anything, but I appreciate the world that your son fought for"... and if he *hadn't* had the stupidity to invite the Russians over to party... what then? He'd still be even with Hillary is my bet. He did mis-step but it was a small one - fatal mind you - a demagogue who doesn't do that might well succeed.

His mouth would have led him astray on another subject -- most likely less dangerous than taking on a Gold Star family, but still damaging.

As a veteran myself, I still keep in mind how he skipped the Iowa debates so that he could allegedly raise funds for veterans, only to do little but brag about how he helped veterans ... he claimed to have raised $6 million, but donated less than half that. That sort of shit irks me, the same that Clinton trotting out a Gold Star family irks me.

Politicians, no matter the party, need to stop using veterans as cudgels and credibility-points. If you weren't putting your ass on the line, shut the fuck up, y'know?

The article you linked to is from March. The Post has since written a new story in May. They give the final figures of 5.6 million, and all of the money has been donated. It took a while for the groups that wanted donations to apply, then they had to be vetted as legitimate charities. One of the groups I work with got $100,000. Trump personally wrote a check for $1 million.

I understand if people have issues with Trump. But this shouldn't be one of them. $5.6 million to veterans is a big help. The fact is, politicians always do shit for kodak moments. Kissing babies. Shaking hands with vets. At least this was useful.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
11-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the update, LDH. Where'd you get those numbers?
11-08-2016, 10:47 AM
(11-08-2016 10:43 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Thanks for the update, LDH. Where'd you get those numbers?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...dont-know/

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
11-08-2016, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 12:01 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(11-08-2016 10:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 10:43 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Thanks for the update, LDH. Where'd you get those numbers?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...dont-know/

Thanks for the link.

Quote:Did Trump give any of his own personal money?

Yes. He gave $1 million, last week. But only after The Post and other media organizations pressured Trump to explain where his money had gone.

On the night of the fundraiser, Trump said he "gave" $1 million of his own. Earlier this month, Trump's campaign manager said this money had already been distributed (though he would not say to whom). But this was false. Trump had not given the money. Then, on May 23, The Post made inquiries on Twitter — Trump's preferred social-media platform — seeking anyone who had received a piece of this (nonexistent, as it turned out) $1 million.

That night, Trump moved to give the money away, in one single large donation, to a charity he knew well.

Uh-huh. Bragging should happen after the fact, if it happens at all, don't you agree?

And after he took shots at Capt Khan's family, his consideration for veterans should certainly be open to question in you mind. Do you honestly think the "sacrifices" he made match the sacrifice offered by Capt Khan -- or even you or myself?

He sacrificed decimal points, we sacrificed blood and sweat. And Captain Khan gave his all. If Trunt was truly for veterans, why should he denigrate the family of a fallen vet? And how can you look inside yourself and think this asshole will do you, a veteran, right? He's already spat on a veteran's grave, and you think you'll get better treatment?

Pardon my laughter. Donny-boy love the vets so long as we are good publicity.

Bite the hook, fish. I don't think you read your own link all the way through.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-08-2016, 03:37 PM
You have not 1 but 50 former GOP agents calling Trump dangerous, along with his own Ghost writer now regretting helping him write "The Art Of The Deal". Just like Caitlynn Jenner, and Veterans and women for that matter, it is bad enough he attacks them while getting some to vote for him no, Trump is beyond simply a mudslinger, he has taken a page out of WW2 Germany's scapegoating demagoguery. He's attacked McCain's service calling him a looser on top of attacking Khan, not to mention that he has also implied we should mimic the brutality of Saddam to take out terrorists along with "joking" about taking out his rival Hillary. Trump may think Jerry Springer tactics are a form of political competition, but this isn't his personal reality show or nor is he a radio "shock jock". In politics his rhetoric is very divisive and dangerous to not only national stability, but global stability as well. His behavior is what you would expect from North Korea's Kim Jong Un, and isn't it ironic Un endorsed Trump.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
13-08-2016, 04:12 PM
(11-08-2016 08:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 10:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...dont-know/

Thanks for the link.

Quote:Did Trump give any of his own personal money?

Yes. He gave $1 million, last week. But only after The Post and other media organizations pressured Trump to explain where his money had gone.

On the night of the fundraiser, Trump said he "gave" $1 million of his own. Earlier this month, Trump's campaign manager said this money had already been distributed (though he would not say to whom). But this was false. Trump had not given the money. Then, on May 23, The Post made inquiries on Twitter — Trump's preferred social-media platform — seeking anyone who had received a piece of this (nonexistent, as it turned out) $1 million.

That night, Trump moved to give the money away, in one single large donation, to a charity he knew well.

Uh-huh. Bragging should happen after the fact, if it happens at all, don't you agree?

And after he took shots at Capt Khan's family, his consideration for veterans should certainly be open to question in you mind. Do you honestly think the "sacrifices" he made match the sacrifice offered by Capt Khan -- or even you or myself?

He sacrificed decimal points, we sacrificed blood and sweat. And Captain Khan gave his all. If Trunt was truly for veterans, why should he denigrate the family of a fallen vet? And how can you look inside yourself and think this asshole will do you, a veteran, right? He's already spat on a veteran's grave, and you think you'll get better treatment?

Pardon my laughter. Donny-boy love the vets so long as we are good publicity.

Bite the hook, fish. I don't think you read your own link all the way through.

We got our new Hillary urinal inserts down at the VFW yesterday. We voted UNANIMOUSLY to order them. They'll replace our Bin laden and Obama inserts we've used in the urinals for the last few years. Hillary's now hated more than those two among your Veterans of Foreign Wars members.

Military Times poll had Trump with a 54-25 advantage over Hillary among active duty.

Trump's not perfect. But the majority of active duty and veterans support him over Hillary.

Attacking a clown like McCain doesn't bother me. Nor does it bother me that Trump RESPONDED to attacks against him by the Khan family. He didn't start it. They chose to get political first.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
13-08-2016, 07:30 PM
(13-08-2016 04:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We got our new Hillary urinal inserts down at the VFW yesterday. We voted UNANIMOUSLY to order them. They'll replace our Bin laden and Obama inserts we've used in the urinals for the last few years. Hillary's now hated more than those two among your Veterans of Foreign Wars members.

Yabut, there's like how many of you at the local VFW, 5-6 including the barkeep the chef and the dishwasher?

(13-08-2016 04:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Attacking a clown like McCain doesn't bother me. Nor does it bother me that Trump RESPONDED to attacks against him by the Khan family. He didn't start it. They chose to get political first.

It bothers me when an American citizen denigrates and impugns an American Hero. It bothers me even more when an American citizen does it indirectly.

We send you to Siberia first.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-08-2016, 11:35 PM
(13-08-2016 04:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We got our new Hillary urinal inserts down at the VFW yesterday. We voted UNANIMOUSLY to order them. They'll replace our Bin laden and Obama inserts we've used in the urinals for the last few years. Hillary's now hated more than those two among your Veterans of Foreign Wars members.

Military Times poll had Trump with a 54-25 advantage over Hillary among active duty.

Trump's not perfect. But the majority of active duty and veterans support him over Hillary.

I don't doubt that at all, but it doesn't answer my point, which is that he's happy to wave veterans around in an obvious ploy appealing to patriotism. I know a lot of vets and active-duty are fine with that. Me, I'm of the opinion that talk is cheap. He had the opportunity to enlist, or to earn a commission. Was he not patriotic enough to make those sacrifices?

It took him almost five months to make good on his claim of donating six million to veteran's causes, and that only after a newspaper started asking about it. Looks to me like he was prodded into doing so. Better late than never, I suppose, but I'm not naive enough to think the timing was a coincidence, nor am I naive enough to think that his embrace of veterans doesn't have a political motivation behind it.

(13-08-2016 04:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Attacking a clown like McCain doesn't bother me. Nor does it bother me that Trump RESPONDED to attacks against him by the Khan family. He didn't start it. They chose to get political first.

No, Trump chose to do so first, when he advocated for blocking people of their religion from entering the US. After saying something that stupid, he deserves to have a Muslim Gold Star family offer him a copy of the Constitution that he'd have to swear to uphold ... the same Constitution you and I swore an oath to protect and defend, not shred.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-08-2016, 11:23 AM
(13-08-2016 04:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Hillary's now hated more than those two [Bin laden, Obama] among your Veterans of Foreign Wars members.

Citation please.

Quote:Trump's not perfect. But the majority of active duty and veterans support him over Hillary.

Citations please. (Other than an informal magazine poll that is.)

—And please bear in mind that a sample of 951 active duty troops out of approximately 1.4 million is a non-statistically significant sample. "Statistical margins of error commonly reported in opinion polls that use random sampling can't be calculated for this survey" and "the sample is not a perfect representation of the military as a whole".

At any rate, why would military personnel favour a draft-dodger like Drumpf? Doesn't make sense.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.